• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XXXP?

Strangelove

I find that it's hard to pin myself down to one type.
I feel that I have some misconceptions about some of the personality dichotomies. So, here we go.

Introvert or Extravert
I: Enjoy solitary activities (reading, writing, surfing the internet), can be reserved around people I don't know well.
E: Energized by the outside world, love social interactions, good at talking off the cuff, likes people and can't stand solitude for long.

Sensing or Intuition
S: Very practical, cynical, interested in real-world applications, detail-oriented and plan to go into finance/accounting/marketing after college.
N: Very good at understanding abstract concepts and am interested in them (am a math major in college), creative, original.

Thinking or Feeling
T: Very logical, sometimes saying things which offend others without meaning to, strive for efficiency/reasonability when it comes to making decisions.
F: Care deeply for others, am considered to be a "nice guy" (More than one person has called me the most caring person they've ever met), loyal, will defend the people I care about and take unreasonable risks to do so.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Help is appreciated.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
J is if your primary judging process is extraverted, P if it's introverted.

So your primary judging process will be Fe or Te if you are a judger and Fi or Ti if you are a perceiver.

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
One of my good friends is an XXXP.

He is a cynic, as well as a really nice guy; and he has the distinct impression of being a really nice guy.
He's practical, and his critical faculties are really refined, but I wouldn't say he's detail-oriented- that's specifically an SJ trait, as far as I'm aware.
He has severe ADD, and another friend said that his short-term memory tested in the 10th percentile, yet he can remember large volumes of facts, information about books he's never read and movies he's never watched, etc. His thing is analyzing social memes, and he is the most knowledgeable person I know. He definitely has the strong external awareness of someone with both Ne and Se as a first function, yet he's expressed that there are people and social situations which intimidate him, and he does like his solitude.
Except for the detail-oriented thing you sound like him. Are you sure you're not borderline between J and P as well?

No dichotomies.

Function order.

Why is it not theoretically possible to have the function orders of multiple patterns simultaneously? Yes, that means contradictions, but don't some people seem to be more internally conflicted than others?

I'm glad there's another person here who has a distinct awareness of being a borderline type. Makes posting here as an IXFX feel a little less futile.

sleepy

Why is it not theoretically possible to have the function orders of multiple patterns simultaneously? Yes, that means contradictions, but don't some people seem to be more internally conflicted than others?
Well. Theory is supposed to make sense, even if people dont.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you have Te. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

Strangelove

Wow.. I'm more confused than I was before.
I'll have to do research on the functions.
But what's the point of J & P?
I understand why Te/Fe mean that you're a Judger and why Ti/Fi mean that you're a Perceiver.. but what's so "Judging" about Si/Ni??

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
I understand why Te/Fe mean that you're a Judger and why Ti/Fi mean that you're a Perceiver.. but what's so "Judging" about Si/Ni??

"With introverted Sensing ... there can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes."
Introverted Sensing

"Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Time is such a form, a quantifiable essense of exactitude, the standard to which external events are held. For both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. An apple "should" have certain qualities, against which all apples are evaluated. A "proper" chair has four legs, (and other qualities this poor INTP can only guess). Jung viewed introverted sensing as something of an oxymoron, in that the natural direction of senses is outward toward the object, rather than inward and away from it. One has the sense that Introverted Sensors are drawn more to the measure of the concept of the perceived object than to the experience of that perception."
ISTJ Profile

"Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to Ni types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option."
Extroverted intuition - Wikisocion

"The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality..."
Introverted iNtuiting

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP

There is nothing Judging about Si & Ni.

Those are processes of perception.

"The point" of J and P is nothing. It's the language MBTT uses to signify the extroversion of functions.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introvert or Extravert
I: Enjoy solitary activities (reading, writing, surfing the internet), can be reserved around people I don't know well.
E: Energized by the outside world, love social interactions, good at talking off the cuff, likes people and can't stand solitude for long.

Extrovert.

Sensing or Intuition
S: Very practical, cynical, interested in real-world applications, detail-oriented and plan to go into finance/accounting/marketing after college.
N: Very good at understanding abstract concepts and am interested in them (am a math major in college), creative, original.

I'd guess sensing, based on this. How are you creative/original?

Thinking or Feeling
T: Very logical, sometimes saying things which offend others without meaning to, strive for efficiency/reasonability when it comes to making decisions.
F: Care deeply for others, am considered to be a "nice guy" (More than one person has called me the most caring person they've ever met), loyal, will defend the people I care about and take unreasonable risks to do so.

I'd guess Thinking, based on this.

If you feel you are an extroverted perceiver (P), then that would make you ESTP. I wouldn't rule out ESTJ though. What temperament do you identify most with (SP, SJ, NT, NF - google it if you don't know)?