• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type walking tourist, part two

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hi Vagrant Farce,
I have read all of this information that you provided, and I think that IFP applies more than ITP.
The bolded is a good description of how I view the world. I really want everyone to be happy, to use their talents, and to to avoid retribution. Although I like to be take things and ideas apart to figure out what needs to be fixed, I also like joy and happiness and to accept people just as they are, without having the urge to change them.
I don't really know what this means in terms of my personality type but, right now, I am leaning toward isfp, rather than istp. I don't think that it's a different type altogether because I don't see myself as an "E" type or an "N" type.
I'd very much like your input.

Quote:
"For Introverted Feelers, life is a constant challenge to remain in harmony with an emotional ideal. To them the world is an ever-evolving torrent of unique, living things persuing their own emotional needs. As a result, Introverted Feelers have a naturally empathic worldview, and can easily assess whether a person's behaviour is emotionally congruent. They approach everything from an emotional standpoint - how can I relate to this emotionally? What need does this reflect that I can identify? This sort of non-judgemental thinking allows IFPs to easily empathize with anyone they come across, and they naturally favour mercy and forgiveness over retribution."

VagrantFarce

For what it's worth at this point, I wrote this a couple days ago:

OK, so I think the difference is ultimately where personal identity is assumed to emerge from:

Fe-types understand identity in terms of one's position in relation to others. From this standpoint, your identity is in jeopardy unless you accept others into your life - you are defined by the community that you choose to represent and be a part of. Until then, you're just an anonymous John or Jane Doe, that might be able to think, move and talk autonomously enough, but still not have a true sense of self.

[youtube=dnFsjuYuMvg]Fe[/youtube]

Fi-types understand identity as an internal, innate "guiding light" and they take solace in simply "being themselves". They don't do it to spite others like unhealthy Fe types - they're just trying to stay in touch with who they are as individuals. From this standpoint, everyone is unique - everyone has their own light that they must follow, and to betray it for arbitrary external reasons is to betray who you are.

[youtube=cufk6MMwd5o]Fi[/youtube]

Consider also how you deal with your "emotional" side. If given the opportunity, Dominant-Ti users may be more likely to suppress their feelings and just choose not to deal with them. I can only imagine that Dominant-Fi types are the complete opposite - if given the opportunity, they may be more likely to submerge themselves in emotion and ignore worldly responsibilities.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hmmm.
Interesting, but I am still clueless.
Although I don't really suppress my feelings, I really also prefer not to wallow in them and ignore my worldly responsibilities. I'd rather just experience them when they happen and then move on to something else.
I really don't know what this means in terms of my dominant function.
Is it Ti, Fi, or could it be Se???

For what it's worth at this point, I wrote this a couple days ago:

Consider also how you deal with your "emotional" side. If given the opportunity, Dominant-Ti users may be more likely to suppress their feelings and just choose not to deal with them. I can only imagine that Dominant-Fi types are the complete opposite - if given the opportunity, they may be more likely to submerge themselves in emotion and ignore worldly responsibilities.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just from reading the OP, ISFJ. You remind me of Hmm, the parrot, whatever her name is now. Same emotional texture.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hmmmm....
ISFJ... I'm not sure about the dominant Si part, but that's an interesting assessment...

Just from reading the OP, ISFJ. You remind me of Hmm, the parrot, whatever her name is now. Same emotional texture.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

EDAHN!!! You're back. *Squeezes you* So good to see you.:D

WalkingTourist, I still think you're ISFp. Not that I wouldn't love for you to join us ISFJ's but you seem so open-minded and flexible and not so J-like.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hi Giggly,
I am really pretty sure that I am some sort of SP. The only one that I believe that I am not is ESTP!
ISFJ is such a wonderful, friendly, and caring type! I just want to hug and squeeze all of my ISFJ friends! The suggestion that I too might be an ISFJ made me smile! But, no, ISFJ is probably not me:cry:
I've got far too much Se and not enough Si to be any kind of SJ. And, yes, whenever I take one of these personality tests, my "J" score is really, really low!!! I'd go to the personality store to buy some J but then I get distracted by a rainbow or a snowflake so... maybe tomorrow!!!
But... sharing a personality type with you, Giggly, that would have been soooo cool!!!
I hope that you're having a good day!

WalkingTourist, I still think you're ISFp. Not that I wouldn't love for you to join us ISFJ's but you seem so open-minded and flexible and not so J-like.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Does anyone know of a good Fi/Ti test that I could take?
Also can someone lend me some J so I can make a decision and stick with it??
Thank you!
Have a good weekend.

B

brainheart

seriously tourist- how can you say these things and not be an f. I don't get it. You are so stinking warm and fuzzy! You are a cozy old house on a snowy winter's day! I mean, come on...

Funny, I've been thinking a lot about isfj in the last 24 hours and when I was reading the description you popped into my brain. and then i click on to this post and xntp here is saying the same thing. I know you say no, but just saying. You seem very si+fe. But again, like i know.

Look at the post I just put on jeffster's whats my type and tell me which of those three you pick. I mean, if you want to.

I'm getting so ready to throw in the towel when it comes to this whole mbti goofiness. No one seems to be able to get a handle on their type. So silly...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi Giggly,
I am really pretty sure that I am some sort of SP. The only one that I believe that I am not is ESTP!
ISFJ is such a wonderful, friendly, and caring type! I just want to hug and squeeze all of my ISFJ friends! The suggestion that I too might be an ISFJ made me smile! But, no, ISFJ is probably not me:cry:
I've got far too much Se and not enough Si to be any kind of SJ. And, yes, whenever I take one of these personality tests, my "J" score is really, really low!!! I'd go to the personality store to buy some J but then I get distracted by a rainbow or a snowflake so... maybe tomorrow!!!
But... sharing a personality type with you, Giggly, that would have been soooo cool!!!
I hope that you're having a good day!

Thanks, WT. That's hilarious and very sweet. :hug: I agree with you that you have tons of Se. :yes: Se is my absolute favorite of all the functions! I love to see it and experience it in action.

I'm getting so ready to throw in the towel when it comes to this whole mbti goofiness. No one seems to be able to get a handle on their type. So silly...

lol

:yes:

I also think it's amusing when Walking tourist and Jeffster question their type.
They'll always be ISFP to me.