• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introspective Introvert is What? >__>

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
**Note: Please read title as "INTUITIVE Introvert".
I am a little bad at this.

I tested as an INFP when I was 9 years old. Since then, I have understood the test, and almost always gotten the same answer out of it, perhaps because of my preconceived notion of my personality type. But after more recently reading the type description, and analyzing myself, I am not so sure.

I am almost completely certain that I am an Introverted and an iNtuitive. I used to function more as an Extrovert when I was younger, but I am fairly certain that I prefer to get my energy from being alone.
Also, having grown up in a family that strongly favored N-ness, I, much to my chagrin, cannot function as an S at all. >___<

Here are some of my traits-
F/T
  • I am EXTREMELY sensitive (almost anything can make me cry)
  • I care a lot about other people.
  • I try to make everyone feel comfortable
  • People usually see me as being very sweet and friendly
HOWEVER
  • I am COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS to how people are feeling and am a TERRIBLE judge of character (E.g. my thought process - he is smiling so he must be happy.)
  • I don't usually pick up on social norms
  • I cannot write at all, I cannot evoke emotion through my writing, I cannot express myself through words. The only writing I enjoy is science fiction, and I am harshly judged for my lack of explanation in character emotions.
  • I prioritize logic largely over emotion, rarely even factor feeling into the equation
  • I am a strong math student, and prefer math to writing and literature.
  • I also enjoy science, almost anything that can be explained logically and has an exact equation and answer.
  • I look up random facts constantly, just for the sake of knowing. (This could also be a J trait.)

So what am I? A logical F? A sensitive T?

P/J
  • I enjoy hanging out with people spontaneously, (when it fits into my schedule.)
  • I prefer having made a decision than before
  • I like keeping my schedule open
  • I work better with deadlines
  • It doesn't take much to change my opinion about something.
HOWEVER
  • I love to plan things and write them on my calendar and I hate it when things don't go according to plan
  • I get stressed out when I am late
  • I get extremely stressed when people show up unexpected or there is a drastic change in a plan
  • I am adaptable on occasion but feel very disturbed if something unexpected happens (e.g. people show up at my house without warning)
  • when I focus, I really focus
  • I make so many lists every day, constantly organizing
  • I ENJOY organizing and cleaning
  • I come off as a "know it all" sometimes, without meaning to.

I can relate to the descriptions of INFP, INFJ, INTP, and INTJ, but none of them stand out strongly to me. I really want to know who/what I am, to better understand myself and others.

Maybe I am none of these? Could I be an E?

Also, although I am far from it, if I could be any type, I would be an ISFP. If someone could teach me this, I'd be eternally grateful. Is it possible to intentionally change your type?

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
I'm bad at life. >____<

I originally knew the difference but confused them this morning, thank you for pointing that out.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
I vote INFJ, just for the heck of it.

Actually, I think it's more likely that you're Ni dominant than Fi dominant based on your description. But, I'm wrong a lot.

Everyone has all the traits, just in different strengths, so it's pretty normal to identify with multiple descriptions.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Based on what you wrote I'm guessing NT over NF (if you really don't have a clue what people feel or express emotions through your writing, I think it's quite a strong indicator), but that's about all I can say :)

Edit: INTJ is my first guess.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ, for sure. Intuitiveness stands out pretty well. There was the odd trait you listed that had little to do with MBTI etc.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
From your self description, you sound like an INTJ... but somehow the whole feel of your post doesn't seem very INTJ to me.

I don't know. I'm bad at typing people >_<

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
From your self description, you sound like an INTJ... but somehow the whole feel of your post doesn't seem very INTJ to me.

I don't know. I'm bad at typing people >_<
That was what I thought too... :shock:
For once, I'll go with my gut feelings and say INFP. I see Fi and Te, maybe it's the Te that makes you enjoy planning. Fi seems preferred over Te.
Not being able to express your feeling on paper doesn't mean you don't prefer to use Fi, maybe it's just not that strong and typing isn't about how strong you are on functions, but what you prefer and enjoy using.

Edit: In hindsight, it's pretty weird for a type to enjoy using an inferior function, but my personal experiences tells me that I do enjoy using Ne. So.... :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She (assuming Caligula= female) seems to enjoy organising things and finding facts/knowledge and working with systems (like equations) a lot more than she seems to enjoy writing her feelings down on paper.

Also note that thinkers have a tendency to write things in terms of pros and cons, or in lists, exactly like that written in the opening post. It's also quite all over the place, but organized spontaneously.

Caligula, did you actually plan the structure of your opening post? Or did you just do whatever made sense at the time? Might be an INTP here. Well, definitely introverted, and definitely thinking, quite probably intuitive (I'll take your word for it), and wtf knows J/P but there's plenty of threads pointing out the details.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
I am indeed female.

And yes, I planned this post, I actually began thinking about it the night before and going over it in my head before posting it.

As a weird side note: My friend thinks I am a severely confused ISTJ who has some feeling of obligation to be intuitive from my family and now can't shake the idea. I'm not sure if the idea scares me or interests me, I might have to do some research.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Could you describe in what ways your family is so intuitive, and how that put pressure on you to be?

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
Writing this before school, so not extremely thorough.

I had an extremely strange childhood, but basically I grew up with my mom and stepfather, ENFP and INTJ. From a young age they were constantly talking about the MBTI. When I took it I came out as an INFP, and it became a fact. I am an INFP.

My mom and stepfather, both ranking high on the intuitive, once understanding the test took a somewhat typical approach - N's were better than S's.
I had that set in my mind so strongly from a young age. Not that being an S was bad per say, in fact overall we envied how they functioned. However, we always favored new thoughts and ideas over practical approaches to things, in my family.

People make fun of how unobservant I am, and how often I get lost in my own imagination. I guess I always assumed it meant I was an N over S. I have talked to them before about maybe being a different type, which they considered but usually disregard.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
The N stands for intuitive, not introspective (which is just another word for introverted).

David Keirsey says intuitive=introspective and he's got like 40 years of experience in MBTI and a some really successful books about MBTI.

VagrantFarce

David Keirsey says intuitive=introspective and he's got like 40 years of experience in MBTI and a some really successful books about MBTI.

Intuitives are not the only ones who can be introspective, let's not be stupid because David Keirsey did it first.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems fairly clear to me from the OP that you're using Fi and Te, rather than Fe and Ti - so that would limit consideration to INTJ and INFP. If you're INTJ, that would better explain your seeming balance of Fi and Te traits, since they'd be aux-tert rather than dom-inf.

I also think you've got more J in your J/P description than P, although you could be an anxious P, and that could confuse things a bit. Still, I think it's likely that you're INTJ with strong use of tertiary Fi.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
So far, I'm leaning more towards INTJ.
I've always had an easier time relating to INTJ's than INFP's.

...unless of course I'm secretly an ISTJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems fairly clear to me from the OP that you're using Fi and Te, rather than Fe and Ti - so that would limit consideration to INTJ and INFP. If you're INTJ, that would better explain your seeming balance of Fi and Te traits, since they'd be aux-tert rather than dom-inf.

I also think you've got more J in your J/P description than P, although you could be an anxious P, and that could confuse things a bit. Still, I think it's likely that you're INTJ with strong use of tertiary Fi.

I think so too.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
I don't think it's likely. Does INTJ fit in terms or you being more Ni-Se than Si-Ne?

For someone who has known about the MBTI for so long, there's still so much I don't understand. Is Ni-Se/Si-Ne based off of which one you prefer to function as? Could someone briefly explain this to me? Google isn't helping.

Thanks in advance.