• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introspective Introvert is What? >__>

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hah! That is interesting. :cheese: Want to do a trade?
I won't mind it on my side, it'll be a very different experience (and most likely an enjoyable one) but I don't think you'll enjoy my parents... Because they were like ":rules: or else :angry:"

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
I won't mind it on my side, it'll be a very different experience (and most likely an enjoyable one) but I don't think you'll enjoy my parents... Because they were like ":rules: or else :angry:"
That sounds...interesting. And looks a little painful. (Poor you!)
I think I would find it an educational experience at the very least.

My parents were like... :redherring: and :bananallama:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Caligula: Based on your first post, you sound INFJ.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
This will sound strange but... I've re-read your posts and you actually sound a LOT like my ESTJ boyfriend o_O (plus the sweetness and friendliness :cheese:) He actually tested as an INTP, INFP and INTJ as well, because he just "feels" like an INxx. But knowing him better, ST temperament fits him a lot better than NT (or NF...), and Te is his dominant function. I strongly advise you to look up and study the cognitive functions. Specifically, I find it a little suspicious that you say yourself you don't pick up on people or things intuitively, and that you're oblivious to people rather than things. That points to ST, in my opinion, although it's of course not a proof. Also, looking up random things for the sake of knowledge is pretty Si, and from your OP I'd guess you're a judger rather than perceiver. "I prefer to hang out with people spontaneously if it fits my schedule" is EXACTLY something my SO would say :D

Can I ask what exactly makes your friend think you're a closeted STJ? I'd say that people who are close to you will be able to tell your type better than people on this board. I don't count your parents though, because they seem to be extremely biased towards N.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
This will sound strange but... I've re-read your posts and you actually sound a LOT like my ESTJ boyfriend o_O (plus the sweetness and friendliness :cheese:) He actually tested as an INTP, INFP and INTJ as well, because he just "feels" like an INxx. But knowing him better, ST temperament fits him a lot better than NT (or NF...), and Te is his dominant function. I strongly advise you to look up and study the cognitive functions. Specifically, I find it a little suspicious that you say yourself you don't pick up on people or things intuitively, and that you're oblivious to people rather than things. That points to ST, in my opinion, although it's of course not a proof. Also, looking up random things for the sake of knowledge is pretty Si, and from your OP I'd guess you're a judger rather than perceiver. "I prefer to hang out with people spontaneously if it fits my schedule" is EXACTLY something my SO would say :D

Can I ask what exactly makes your friend think you're a closeted STJ? I'd say that people who are close to you will be able to tell your type better than people on this board. I don't count your parents though, because they seem to be extremely biased towards N.

Ha! That is bizarre. I've only met one ESTJ, (that I know of), and he is a little crazy but certainly a character. I actually realized today that ESTJ and I have a similar relationship with information, he loves looking up random facts on Wiki and learning everything there is to know. I would definitely lean more towards ISTJ than ESTJ, I cannot relate to the ESTJ description at all, and I doubt I am an Extrovert.

On the phone talking to my friend (a different friend, ISFP), and I was complaining how I had no idea of my type. I said that I knew I was definitely an "I" and an "N", but I couldn't relate enough to any of those MBTI types. He broke it down and suggested that I was an S, which I of course thought was impossible.
I asked what he would type me as, and he just blurted out ISTJ. I thought it was crazy but looked up the description and it was the closest thing to me I'd read in years.
(Portrait of an ISTJ)

I think that I might have been an ISTJ who favored tradition but learned to repress this about myself because of my family. Of all the IN types I definitely resembled INTJ the closest but I don't have that "classic arrogance", I lack confidence and I am more cooperative overall. Ergo - SJ?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Ha! That is bizarre. I've only met one ESTJ, (that I know of), and he is a little crazy but certainly a character. I actually realized today that ESTJ and I have a similar relationship with information, he loves looking up random facts on Wiki and learning everything there is to know. I would definitely lean more towards ISTJ than ESTJ, I cannot relate to the ESTJ description at all, and I doubt I am an Extrovert.

On the phone talking to my friend (a different friend, ISFP), and I was complaining how I had no idea of my type. I said that I knew I was definitely an "I" and an "N", but I couldn't relate enough to any of those MBTI types. He broke it down and suggested that I was an S, which I of course thought was impossible.
I asked what he would type me as, and he just blurted out ISTJ. I thought it was crazy but looked up the description and it was the closest thing to me I'd read in years.
(Portrait of an ISTJ)

I think that I might have been an ISTJ who favored tradition but learned to repress this about myself because of my family. Of all the IN types I definitely resembled INTJ the closest but I don't have that "classic arrogance", I lack confidence and I am more cooperative overall. Ergo - SJ?

You really do sound like an SJ to me, ISTJ being a strong option. If you identify with it so much, it is very likely it indeed is your type. You overall personality might be also "sketched-in" by your Enneagram type.

As for my SO, it was actually extremely problematic for me to type him - I went from an ENTJ to an INTJ to an ISTJ to an ESTJ, because at first I had serious trouble believing he's an S, he considers himself an introvert, and the ESTJ profile actually doesn't fit him at all that much. He's Enneagram 1w9, which makes him much more abstract and withdrawn than "your usual ESTJ", but the cognitive function order eventually became pretty apparent anyway.

Nevertheless, you don't really sound like a Te-dom to me, but I do sense certain "ST flavor" in your posts. I can also easily imagine how an ISTJ might type as an INFP in childhood. These two types are not so different; often they have a pretty similar "cover", but the thought process is different.

I don't know, but for me, your parents' example kind of illustrates how much can MBTI skew one's view on people if they're too much into it. I bet that if they didn't know anything about MBTI, they wouldn't find absolutely nothing "wrong" with you being a sensor. It looks like they didn't even notice, actually o_O - despite all their prejudice against sensors, which kind of implies that your parents don't even know what being a sensor really means. In my opinion, children often have enough problems being moulded into someone they're not even without a prearranged shape called MBTI... The extra pressure it puts on you is just absolutely unnecessary.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
You really do sound like an SJ to me, ISTJ being a strong option. If you identify with it so much, it is very likely it indeed is your type. You overall personality might be also "sketched-in" by your Enneagram type.

As for my SO, it was actually extremely problematic for me to type him - I went from an ENTJ to an INTJ to an ISTJ to an ESTJ, because at first I had serious trouble believing he's an S, he considers himself an introvert, and the ESTJ profile actually doesn't fit him at all that much. He's Enneagram 1w9, which makes him much more abstract and withdrawn than "your usual ESTJ", but the cognitive function order eventually became pretty apparent anyway.

Nevertheless, you don't really sound like a Te-dom to me, but I do sense certain "ST flavor" in your posts. I can also easily imagine how an ISTJ might type as an INFP in childhood. These two types are not so different; often they have a pretty similar "cover", but the thought process is different.

Yes! I thought so too, especially when Personality Page specifically called ISTJs "perfectionist", what I before thought was a strictly INFP trait.

I try my best not to be insensitive (sometimes I think I overcompensate) but I would definitely describe my thought process as being more T than F.

I don't know, but for me, your parents' example kind of illustrates how much can MBTI skew one's view on people if they're too much into it. I bet that if they didn't know anything about MBTI, they wouldn't find absolutely nothing "wrong" with you being a sensor. It looks like they didn't even notice, actually o_O - despite all their prejudice against sensors, which kind of implies that your parents don't even know what being a sensor really means. In my opinion, children often have enough problems being moulded into someone they're not even without a prearranged shape called MBTI... The extra pressure it puts on you is just absolutely unnecessary.

Correct - I see the MBTI as a good tool until people begin to discriminate against different types. Or unless they take it to extremes, as I have, and refuse to talk about anything else.
My parents certainly aren't bad people - far from it. But it did skew my perception for a while. My biggest problem was realizing that I absolutely couldn't stereotype in the MBTI. My ISFP best friend is one of the most intuitive, insightful, and deep people I know, but he is absolutely an ISFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with ISTJ.

Feeling doesn't equal emotions; it seems you aren't using Feeling as a reasoning function. Fi may be tertiary for you, meaning it's not mature and often comes out in ways like being sensitive or having a sense of duty to make people feel comfortable. It doesn't sound like your top judging function though.

I also don't hear anything about imagination, values, and other idealistic stuff INFPs usually talk about when describing themselves.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
I also don't hear anything about imagination, values, and other idealistic stuff INFPs usually talk about when describing themselves.
Ha! True that.

In retrospect, I was extremely imaginative until I was about 15. I never lived in the real world. But now I am a cold realist. I am more concerned with logic and practicality. D:

I certainly don't have those same "NF" values or ideals anymore, but I do remember what it was like, to a certain extent...