• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INTJ?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This describes me so well. I hated conflict when I was younger and was too scared to share my true opinions with anyone, especially if they saw things differently. I kept myself to myself. I didn't let people see the "real me". But now that I've learned to put logic before emotion, I'm able to be more vocal. I'm more self-confident and not afraid to express what I'm thinking.

So you'd say that your newfound use of impersonal logic is based on externally verifiable standards, and that's why it seems more reliable than emotion, since it's objectively demonstrable?

And also that this feels much more natural to you and seems to have drawn you out of your shell of privately emotional introversion and given you more control of your life?

Yeah, okay, that does sound more INTJ than INFJ. I'll amend my read to INTJ.

boats and birds

So you'd say that your newfound use of impersonal logic is based on externally verifiable standards, and that's why it seems more reliable than emotion, since it's objectively demonstrable?

Yep. Very me.

And also that this feels much more natural to you and seems to have drawn you out of your shell of privately emotional introversion and given you more control of your life?

God, yes. I feel more like myself than I ever have, if that makes any sense.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like the INTJs have claimed you as one of their own...and I'm inclined to agree.