• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I'm either ESFJ or ENFP. What are some differences between the two?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
is what I meant to say (goes to edit post).
that being said, I think your average ESFP is going to be more extroverted that your average ENFP
PS: you seem more STJ than STP to me
:yes:

I would have to agree on all of that. I would even suggest that ENFPs are about as socially extraverted as ISFPs. (Extraversion due to dominant e function is obviously a different story.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have to agree on all of that. I would even suggest that ENFPs are about as socially extraverted as ISFPs. (Extraversion due to dominant e function is obviously a different story.)

Since E is not a function but an attitude, could you please elaborate on that point?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Since E is not a function but an attitude, could you please elaborate on that point?

A function in an extraverted attitude is abbreviated as Xe (Je or Pe), so I just said e instead of Xe. I can't imagine it's that hard to interpret.

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
i was simply asking for clarification because I felt I had missed something, which proved to be the case. maybe you should take some time to consider people's motives before you comment :yes:

well you originally jumped in and just assumed im esfj because an enfp could never possibly think they were an esfj :huh:, so it seemed like were just being smart-alecky.

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
nope, too many blatant differences (detail oriented, physically coordinated, impatient with theory etc) but for the sake of the original poster, it may be a good idea to go into some of the similarities/differences of ENFPs and ISFPs

shared:
- usually ambiverted
- drawn to things that are aesthetically pleasing
- artistic/musical
- strong convictions
- adventurous
- reflective
- day dream prone
- zone out prone
- often wonderful with small children and animals
- likely to be 7s and 4s
- frequently looking for possibilities
- need lots of personal space
- impulsive
- naturally independent
- dislike controlling others or being controlled (this probably applies to most types though)
- excitement seeking

ENFP
- loves to talk
- theoritical
- Ne
- horrible with details
- verbally quick
- verbally graceful
- more intellectual

ISFP
- less talkative unless they know you well
- action oriented
- Se
- great with details
- physically quick
- kisynthetically graceful
- more instinctual

they seem to have much more in common than different.
PS: feel free to add to the list if you found this helpful :yes:

Hmm, I'm not really physical graceful although I do have a lot of energy for physical games once I get into it. I've also always tended to be kind of intellectual, but I think this has to do with the fact that I spent my whole life in gifted classes and what not. I don't really think its MBTI related since I don't believe that an ISFP or any other type couldn't be really smart or gifted.

I've also beent thinking about the whole gifted thing a lot lately. Its making me think of myself outside the realm of myers briggs stuff. I know that being a gifted kid/adult comes with a set of characteristics such as being very sensitive, being creative, seeing outside the box, etc. that makes it hard to figure out exactly where we belong or who we really are and can end up being somewhat problematic. <--those all sound like qualities of intuitive types, but they are very common for gifted kids/adults and like I said, I refuse to believe that sensors can't be gifted. I think this may contribute to not fitting into any mbti type solidly enough to accept it.

Oh, and I'm also shy, so talkative doesn't really fit me (from the description of ENFP above).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well you originally jumped in and just assumed im esfj because an enfp could never possibly think they were an esfj :huh:, so it seemed like were just being smart-alecky.

apologies, I worded that terribly (I have a problem of sounding 100% sure of myself when I'm making a guess). what I meant was that the information I had without reading the thread pointed to ESFJ, but of course, I wouldn't make an actual decision off of just that.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I'm not really physical graceful although I do have a lot of energy for physical games once I get into it. I've also always tended to be kind of intellectual, but I think this has to do with the fact that I spent my whole life in gifted classes and what not. I don't really think its MBTI related since I don't believe that an ISFP or any other type couldn't be really smart or gifted.

I've also beent thinking about the whole gifted thing a lot lately. Its making me think of myself outside the realm of myers briggs stuff. I know that being a gifted kid/adult comes with a set of characteristics such as being very sensitive, being creative, seeing outside the box, etc. that makes it hard to figure out exactly where we belong or who we really are and can end up being somewhat problematic. <--those all sound like qualities of intuitive types, but they are very common for gifted kids/adults and like I said, I refuse to believe that sensors can't be gifted. I think this may contribute to not fitting into any mbti type solidly enough to accept it.

Oh, and I'm also shy, so talkative doesn't really fit me (from the description of ENFP above).

shy correlates only very loosely with introversion. I used to think being shy was an extrovert thing (back when I thought all introverts were intellectual bad asses who didn'y care about what anyone else thought)

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
apologies, I worded that terribly (I have a problem of sounding 100% sure of myself when I'm making a guess). what I meant was that the information I had without reading the thread pointed to ESFJ, but of course, I wouldn't make an actual decision off of just that.

its alright.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A function in an extraverted attitude is abbreviated as Xe (Je or Pe), so I just said e instead of Xe. I can't imagine it's that hard to interpret.

I'm still not getting it. I understand the code used here. I'm not sure however that I can understand your point when you use the code in this way.