• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the heck am I?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the drawbacks to the MBTI type is that it measures your cognitive functions based on what you express, and sometimes the character traits you express might be learned versus instinctual. I notice this happening quite frequently whenever I take the MBTI surveys; some days I get Ni>Te, others I get Ni>Fe. The strange thing is that I tend to notice it in me too, my frame of mind is usually clearer when I'm in Ni>Te mode, and my heart is engaged more when I'm in Ni>Fe mode. The surveys are helpful for me to understand what temperament I am, but it confuses me further as to whether I'm a rational person, or if I'm an emotional person. Some situations I think call for rational thought to take precedence over my own emotional biases (for example, doing scientific research); other times I feel compelled to help others and push them to realize their full potential. So, am I INtJ or INfJ?

So, can you guys help me out here? I'm up for challenging questions to determine Fe or Te dom. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
both

------

I think the greatest difference with intj and infj is the latter really cares to understand the human beings around him. And he devotes massive amounts of time of his life to think about them.

I think that's all of the difference. If you go deeper you overcomplicate and as you said preference is blurry from the start.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Comparative. Jeez, obviously there's a time and a place for everything. What's more important?

Context, people.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, it would help a lot if I was given more of a situation-specific context. If the question is too general, you'll get a general answer from me. :D