• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FILL A VOID WITH YOUR INPUT (what am i game)

WHAT AM I?

• ENTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• Total voters

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Good day reader, I hope the title caught your attention.

After way too much deliberation, I have decided to hand off the decision for my MBTI type to the public. A close friend of mine (an enfj who lures me into a false sense of security in order to call me on all my shit and question all my life choices out of love) made me realize something recently.

I have been defining myself for what I do, and not what I am. I think the phrase she used was somewhere along the lines of "you are like light, you exist through travelling and action, but you have no mass." What she was getting at was that I define my life by what I do, what roles I slip into and what I accomplish, but that I'm unwilling to look deeper and find something because I'm afraid it won't live up to the expectations I have for myself.

So yes, overthinking has occured and I'm looking for some external feedback. Input appreciated! Hehe.

(even if it's not on type, just on the realization that you can't live only with your dreams in mind, and finding what existing in the present means)

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
why the fuck does this matter? why must a distinction be drawn? actions make up a part of "who we are." being is a process, not a static, pre-determined entity.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why the fuck does this matter? why must a distinction be drawn? actions make up a part of "who we are." being is a process, not a static, pre-determined entity.

Says he posting in the typology forum. :rolleyes:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think you are ENTP. You have some qualities that make me think ENFP, but you remind me of a few ENTPs I've met. They have a really good people quality to them. Get you excited about life and doing stuff. (Other option is that you are an ENTJ or something and I am miles off :)).

I have been defining myself for what I do, and not what I am. I think the phrase she used was somewhere along the lines of "you are like light, you exist through travelling and action, but you have no mass." What she was getting at was that I define my life by what I do, what roles I slip into and what I accomplish, but that I'm unwilling to look deeper and find something because I'm afraid it won't live up to the expectations I have for myself.

There is nothing wrong with aiming high; I wouldn't stop doing it. Just use your life aiming for what you really want, not what others might approve of. And I only say that because it is more satisfying. Also if you don't already, put a bit of yourself into everything you do. I used to adapt far too much to situations and my surroundings, and who I was became a result of where I was. I think it is an Ne thing. Thing is that for everything you do, there is someone else who can do, or will do it better. If you enter a situation adapting, you exist and are challenged on this level. If you enter a situation as yourself, it isn't really something that can be competed with. No one is going to push you out by being more you than you.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2

It matters because I question everything far too often for my own good haha.

I'm wondering though, and maybe I wasn't clear about it in the OP, how to find more self understanding through changing the perspective of self. I've always defined myself through things external to myself, how I am relative to everything else. This does not make me special, I think this is a common thing. I'm trying to stretch that mindset to include something seemingly unnatainable to me that some people seem to have, a holistic/organic/stationary/consistent undestanding of self. Something they know will never change.

I wonder if being so mercurial is unhealthy, or I'm missing out on something great by always adapting and never choosing a specific path. I want my life to be full of exploration and learning, though I question if I'm losing myself or what is authentically me through becoming so many different people so quickly, or if I can find something consistent in that adaptability.

Can someone define themselves by their ability to be undefinable? What other ways are there to look at this?

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I think you are ENTP. You have some qualities that make me think ENFP, but you remind me of a few ENTPs I've met. They have a really good people quality to them. Get you excited about life and doing stuff. (Other option is that you are an ENTJ or something and I am miles off :)).

There is nothing wrong with aiming high; I wouldn't stop doing it. Just use your life aiming for what you really want, not what others might approve of. And I only say that because it is more satisfying. Also if you don't already, put a bit of yourself into everything you do. I used to adapt far too much to situations and my surroundings, and who I was became a result of where I was. I think it is an Ne thing. Thing is that for everything you do, there is someone else who can do, or will do it better. If you enter a situation adapting, you exist and are challenged on this level. If you enter a situation as yourself, it isn't really something that can be competed with. No one is going to push you out by being more you than you.

This is very interesting Noigmn, I'm going to mull over this one for a while. Thank you! :hug:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The OP does sound kind of like an ENTP thing to say.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
You're an ENTP who'll live at mach 5 with your hair on fire all the time, and I think you should be more than happy to be so, as your dominant traits are an enviable combination in my opinion. There's merit and depth to becoming what you need to become to excel at a job, as vocation is a sovereign intention meant specifically for you. That you redefine yourself to such an extent in your work as to question your worth, maybe shows a lack of integral identity, but does nothing to diminish the person you already are or force you to redefine what makes you who you are. Maybe a better thing to suggest is to simply think about who you are apart from your skills and abilities. For me, that constancy of identity that you see in others, I've found in relation to Christ, in that I have worth and identity apart from any skill or ability, as my identity and consistency of worth relates to that which created me. Perhaps you've been too busy to think about it?