• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me with an important life decision!

I think pocket lint's type is...

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ENTJ

• ENTP

• INTJ

• INTP

• ESTP

• ESFP

• ENFJ

• ENFP

• o_O ?

• Total voters

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think of daydreaming as passing time by imagining out some kind of situation.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Very much so. Especially some sort of fantasy, something outside of "normal" reality.

My daydreaming tends to involve random fantasy stories, for example.

pocket lint

MBTI Type
isxp

It was difficult for me to answer your daydreaming question! I looked up the definition on wikipedia, and based on examples there... I think I do daydream sometimes (sometimes = throughout the day in five minute sessions maybe... but I'm not sure they'd be fantasies). I like to plan out what to do next with real life situations in my mind. Also, I can just "space out"... it's when I don't think of anything... a short break from any stress. Other times, I have random thoughts that just flow... most of these thoughts don't have words to go with them... some of them are feeling tones.

Very much so. Especially some sort of fantasy, something outside of "normal" reality.
My daydreaming tends to involve random fantasy stories, for example.
:D When you said fantasy, I immediately remembered my experience with playing DnD (Dungeons and Dragons), LOL. Last year, I went to four sessions of DnD with with a group of people who I now suspect are mostly Ns. I was amused at how they were acting out the roles and could stay hours in character, but when I played... it was extremely stressful because I had a hard time thinking in terms of this fantasy world they created. The next couple of sessions, I brought my ENTP cousin-- she loved the game and fit right in... but I was so bored that I just played with the dog for four hours. :rolleyes2:

Honestly, I don't think what I usually think about is that removed from "normal" reality.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha.
Now that we've gone through all of this, are you even going to make a blog anyway? :D

Not pressuring you... just, interested. :whistling:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes, where IS this magical linty blog I keep hearing rumblings about?? :D

pocket lint

MBTI Type
isxp
Haha.
Now that we've gone through all of this, are you even going to make a blog anyway? :D

Not pressuring you... just, interested. :whistling:

Probbbbably. I have been taking photos for a blog too! It's just that things have been chaotic since I have a bunch of projects to finish for my finals next week-- I'm working on them on computer, I swear! Oh, and I think my rep points might go way down since it seems like ppl no like fluff?... and I am Queen of Fluff :smile: !

yes, where IS this magical linty blog I keep hearing rumblings about?? :D
12/04/07 MBTI Central Statistics-- Threads: 2,836
It'll show up somewhere. It's invisible mode right now, but you can trade in your rep points to get the magical code to unlock it! :D

:doh: Oy, I can't believe all this reputation point system talk is getting to me too, LOL!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, let it go, let it go.
Free your mind of the reputation points.
Do not let them torment you. :hug:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was difficult for me to answer your daydreaming question! I looked up the definition on wikipedia, and based on examples there... I think I do daydream sometimes (sometimes = throughout the day in five minute sessions maybe... but I'm not sure they'd be fantasies). I like to plan out what to do next with real life situations in my mind. Also, I can just "space out"... it's when I don't think of anything... a short break from any stress. Other times, I have random thoughts that just flow... most of these thoughts don't have words to go with them... some of them are feeling tones.

Actually I can relate to this...I think it describes me fairly well! I'm either actively thinking about things/situations/my life, am having random thoughts/feelings and it's a flow, or I'm in total spaceout mode where I'm not really thinking about anything - more I'm just there in the moment.

I don't think I've ever met an ISFP in real life. Well, I know of someone my friend says is an ISFP, but I don't know that the woman in question has self-identified as one. Anyhow...I like photos, if you post photos on your blog I'll check it out!

pocket lint

MBTI Type
isxp
Yes, let it go, let it go.
Free your mind of the reputation points.
Do not let them torment you. :hug:
*chuckles* Sounds like some zen reading.
I was looking through all the emoticons... we don't really have any that look 'enlightened'.
These two combined = the closest I found: :rolleyes: :yes:

Actually I can relate to this...I think it describes me fairly well! I'm either actively thinking about things/situations/my life, am having random thoughts/feelings and it's a flow, or I'm in total spaceout mode where I'm not really thinking about anything - more I'm just there in the moment.
Yeah, it's kind of hard for me to tell what part of my thinking is daydreaming? Before I read that definition, I thought it was the same thing as having inner dialogue. I also thought that most introverts think to themselves/daydream? I rarely make up stories or an alternate reality, though... and it seems like that is big part of daydreaming? I mostly think about what I have to do, worry about the future, etc.... but it's all kind of in the back of my mind because it is likely that I'd get distracted by something moving in front of me, end up doing something else or just forget that I was thinking about something and end up 'spacing out'-- like how you described it. *Repeat* :eek:uch:

I just showed the definition on wikipedia to my ESFP friend, and he said that he daydreams too...

Anyhow...I like photos, if you post photos on your blog I'll check it out!
Don't expect anything special, lol! I just like to use any pictures to help show people what I see... otherwise, I'll be crippled with only words :cry:!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, it's kind of hard for me to tell what part of my thinking is daydreaming? Before I read that definition, I thought it was the same thing as having inner dialogue. I also thought that most introverts think to themselves/daydream? I rarely make up stories or an alternate reality, though... and it seems like that is big part of daydreaming? I mostly think about what I have to do, worry about the future, etc...

I don't think I've ever 'made up' stories or an alternate reality either. At least not in daydreaming. Real dreaming, yeah. But I'd imagine everyone does that.

But I do spend the majority of my time in my head, thinking about stuff (like you said - this is something all introverts would do?)-- either my life and people/situations in my life, past/present/future (that would be my only 'daydreaming' - imagining possible future scenarios in my life, or things I might do; or sometimes I'll fantasize about stuff I'll never actually do), or else general concepts/patterns of existance - world issues, cultural stuff, philosophical musings, ect. With ripples of feelings interwoven through all of it, depending on my emotional state at the time.

Well hey, if you do a blog, great! Just have fun w/ it. I don't think you can go wrong.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Don't expect anything special, lol! I just like to use any pictures to help show people what I see... otherwise, I'll be crippled with only words :cry:!

I like photo-oriented blogs. Why write all of that stuff when you can just press the shutter button a few times? :D

Maybe I'm not looking enough, but I haven't seen many fluffy posts by you. Even if it is fluff, it's your blog, so I don't think anyone would neg-rep you for that. Besides, you might consider it fluff, but others might find your observations and comments interesting and humorous, and your photos very good and artistic. That's my prediction based on everything you've posted so far. :)

Edit: Plus, I enjoy reading SP blogs. :D