• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I?

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
-I can be quite moody.
-My favourite music styles are black metal, death metal and post-rock.
-My favourite genres of Film & TV are drama, comedy and horror.
-I prefer to organise people for a mutual goal.
-I can be very pedantic.
-I find it hard to make new friends, and tend to stick to a few friendships for a very long time.
-I suffer from insomnia occasionally.
-I do not enjoy sports and practical activities, I much prefer theoretical and academic ventures.
-I am not very creative, but greatly appreciate and enjoy others' creative efforts.
-I am very interested in alternate realities and supernatural beings.
-I am seeking to become a film critic when I'm older.
-I very much enjoy structuring and organising my life and environment, but on the contrary I'm usually fairly flexible and laid-back, and like to take things as they come.
-I get very emotional about films or music that I enjoy thoroughly; I have been known to cry during movies on quite a few occasions, because I can become very attached to the characters.
-I have a very emotional outlook on life and am deeply hurt when something bad happens to someone that I (truly) care about.
-My main interests are listening to, collecting, observing and critiquing music (I write reviews for a site called rateyourmusic.com, here's a link to my reviews: Midders's reviews - Rate Your Music), posting in Internet forums and observing nature.
-My favourite (musical) artists are Sacramentum, Death and Carcass. I do not have favourite actors, singers, writers or otherwise entertainment-affiliated individuals.
-I am described as weird, opinionated, obsessive, caring and intellectual by others. I would describe myself as idealistic, perfectionistic and obsessive.
-I am fairly shy when meeting new people, but not overly anxious or reserved.
-I can be quite a social animal. I can be very talkative, initiating and outspoken when I need to be.
-I'm very perfectionistic and borderline OCD about many things, namely the tidiness of my room and computer area, and the order in which I listen to albums or watch films. Other wise, I am pretty laid-back and flexible.
-I can be very emotionally sensitive, either contemplating conflict in a depressed way for days after the conflict situation, or bursting out randomly and irrationally in expressions of bad temper.

My type on my profile is listed as INTP because I've tested as it on socionics.com, and because each trait is the closest to me that I believe it is. This doesn't change the fact that I am incredibly doubtful of my type, and would very much appreciate a second opinion based on what I have written. Please feel free to ask any additional questions as required.

Cheers.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, first of all, I think Socionics INTp is MBTI INTJ.

However, I think you're an INFJ.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most socionics INTp's are INTJ in MBTI terms.

Your self-description sounds INTJ to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most socionics INTp's are INTJ in MBTI terms.

Your self-description sounds INTJ to me.

I thought INTJ...except for how emotional this person insists s/he is. Wouldn't an INTJ downplay that, even if it were true?

What don't I get?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought INTJ...except for how emotional this person insists s/he is. Wouldn't an INTJ downplay that, even if it were true?

What don't I get?

Come to think of it, he is awfully aware of his own emotions for an INTJ.

Maybe INFJ is a better guess.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, first of all, I think Socionics INTp is MBTI INTJ.

However, I think you're an INFJ.

For your first statement, on socionics.com it says that people that have trouble distinguishing between T and F (definitely me), are p type on both sides, which is why I don't believe I'm MBTI INTJ. If I'm a thinkint type, I'd say I would be an INTP on both ends of the scale.

Your typing of INFJ is interesting though, I'll look into it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Come to think of it, he is awfully aware of his own emotions for an INTJ.

Maybe INFJ is a better guess.

But the bolded...sounds like Fi. I actually contemplated Fi in the statement he made "people I (truly) care about." Fi is always making little distinctions like that.

So to the OP: this emotional awareness you possess...is it easy to express it to others, or is this mostly when you are alone and/or thoughts you hold inside?

I've read INTJs as describing themselves as feeling certain things that they were sure other people were aware of, only to realize that those other people, in truth, had no idea how INTJ felt because INTJs expressions were so subtle.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

What don't I get?

If the INTJ downplaying is true, then that isn't me, because I like to talk about feelings and emotions and enjoy revealing my emotional side.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If the INTJ downplaying is true, then that isn't me, because I like to talk about feelings and emotions and enjoy revealing my emotional side.

INFJ.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
But the bolded...sounds like Fi. I actually contemplated Fi in the statement he made "people I (truly) care about." Fi is always making little distinctions like that.

So to the OP: this emotional awareness you possess...is it easy to express it to others, or is this mostly when you are alone and/or thoughts you hold inside?

I've read INTJs as describing themselves as feeling certain things that they were sure other people were aware of, only to realize that those other people, in truth, had no idea how INTJ felt because INTJs expressions were so subtle.

No, I find it quite difficult to actually explain my emotions correctly and succinctly. I am very much up for it and by no means afraid of it, but a lot of the time I find that I did it in an incorrect or irrational matter. I'm much more comfortable with expressing my logical thoughts. It's not that I prefer to, just that I seem to be better at it.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For your first statement, on socionics.com it says that people that have trouble distinguishing between T and F (definitely me), are p type on both sides, which is why I don't believe I'm MBTI INTJ. If I'm a thinkint type, I'd say I would be an INTP on both ends of the scale.

Your typing of INFJ is interesting though, I'll look into it.

Sorry, I made a big mistake here. On socionics, it says that if you are confused between T and F, then you are socionics xxxp, which means that I am either INTx or INFx (on socionics), and since I'm pretty sure I'm a perceiving type on socionics-wise, that would mean ON SOCIONICS, I am INTp or INFp. And that in turn means that on MBTI, I am INFJ, INTJ, INFP or INTP.

Given the results on this thread, it seems to be leaning towards the INFJ. But I would love to hear any other people's opinions.

Thanks.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Nah, that doesn't have to be Fi. INFJs are quite aware of how they feel about things and they place more importance on it than do INTJs. The only difference between Fi and Fe is the source of the feelings--internal or external standards.

I will agree with INFJ for the time being.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm guessing INFP. I wouldn't settle for INFJ that easily; I don't quite see it. From the description, you could be any type. Read type descriptions on the net for INFP and INFJ, or wait till Black Cat gets here and gives you some good links :).

Some questions that might help:
- What drives you or motivates you in life?
- What is your idea of perfection when you be a perfectionist?
- Where is your focus when you make decisions?
- Do you care more about being decisive and having a decision made, or making the right decision even if it pushes the deadline?

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm guessing INFP. I wouldn't settle for INFJ that easily; I don't quite see it. From the description, you could be any type. Read type descriptions on the net for INFP and INFJ, or wait till Black Cat gets here and gives you some good links :).

Some questions that might help:
- What drives you or motivates you in life?
- What is your idea of perfection when you be a perfectionist?
- Where is your focus when you make decisions?
- Do you care more about being decisive and having a decision made, or making the right decision even if it pushes the deadline?

- My drive/motivation is that life is beautiful, and it is a gift. Good times with friends and the beauty of nature also motivate me.
- My idea of perfection is a perfectly planned life that is in keeping with my idea of the 'perfect day' (hard to describe), and managing to achieve well in my academic work in this perfectly structured life.
- My focus when I make decisions is weird. I use a mix of logic/emotion, usually succumbing to the emotional decision (basically, which one I feel would make me happier), but I can be very logical if need be. I make a lot of my decisions based on logic as well, but emotion is the more natural driving factor.
- The latter for your last point, definitely.

I'll read some descriptions and get back to you.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I read the descriptions on typelogic.com, and the INFP sounds more like me than the INFJ. We'll see what further results by some other posters yield, and for now I'll change my type to INFP until further notice.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Try some other sites like these. Typelogic isn't that clear.

For your working style:
INFJ
INFP

For general:
INFJ
INFP

For personal:
INFJ
INFP

The combination should give you some idea of which one is more like you.

- My drive/motivation is that life is beautiful, and it is a gift. Good times with friends and the beauty of nature also motivate me.
- My idea of perfection is a perfectly planned life that is in keeping with my idea of the 'perfect day' (hard to describe), and managing to achieve well in my academic work in this perfectly structured life.
- My focus when I make decisions is weird. I use a mix of logic/emotion, usually succumbing to the emotional decision (basically, which one I feel would make me happier), but I can be very logical if need be. I make a lot of my decisions based on logic as well, but emotion is the more natural driving factor.

I think this sounds more INFJ, but not sure. See what other's think also.

The last point was J vs P. You chose the P one, but INFJs can lean that way. Generally, J types like to close decisions because it is more comfortable to have an answer and move into action. P types like to keep the decision open until there is a definite answer and sometimes never get around to putting things into action. Loving theory without application is very P.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Try some other sites like these. Typelogic isn't that clear.

For your working style:
INFJ
INFP

For general:
INFJ
INFP

For personal:
INFJ
INFP

The combination should give you some idea of which one is more like you.

I think this sounds more INFJ, but not sure. See what other's think also.

The last point was J vs P. You chose the P one, but INFJs can lean that way. Generally, J types like to close decisions because it is more comfortable to have an answer and move into action. P types like to keep the decision open until there is a definite answer and sometimes never get around to putting things into action. Loving theory without application is very P.

INFJ for the first one.

I've had a lot of experience with personalitypage.com, in fact, I think it was the first MBTI site I ever went on. I'm definitely an INFJ by their descriptions, absolutely no doubt.

For the personal growth, INFJ one is more me as well.

Huh. I myself am pretty heavily leaning towards the INFJ for me atm. :cheese:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP

I'll read some descriptions and get back to you.

You seem to already have decided (for now.:D) But just wanted to agree, you sound more INFJ than INFP to me.