• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wait...no...wait..

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, previously I've considered myself an INFP with ADHD, though I've always considered that I might be particularly socially dysfunctional ENFP with ADHD, but less likely.

I retook the cognitive functions test and got:
**************Ne
*************Fi
*************Si
*************Ti
***********Ni
*********Te
*********Fe
*****Se

The test says "you may be INTP ....or INTP"

I'm not an INTP. I am VERY effusive. No poker face *waves hand in front of face*.
However, isn't NeFi ENFP?
How did they get the other answer? And, these scores still indicate an INFP?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
INFP have Fi as their dom, and Ne as their auxilliary, so from this test it looks like you could be ENFP or ENTP (Ne-Ti).

MagnifaSnail

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
INFP have Fi as their dom, and Ne as their auxilliary, so from this test it looks like you could be ENFP or ENTP (Ne-Ti).
This is true, but INFP's also have Si and Te as tertiary and inferior functions respectively. Which kinda fits with his/her function order except. INTP could also fit as briochick seems to have pretty strong Ti and Ne and a relatively weak Fe. briochick has the top three functions of both INTP and INFP at roughly an equal level and the inferior of each type at an equal level too.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
briochick is most definitely a her. :smile:
So, the test indicates INTP or INFP? Not ENFP at all? If I can assure you that I'm not an INTP does that mean I'm an INFP with Ne as the dom function? Is that *possible*?
As I recall this isn't the first time I've scored Ne dom...

VagrantFarce

Stop relying on the cognitive functions test, it does nothing but confuse people. :)

Be honest, how much do you identify with Ti? By comparison, how much do you identify with Fi? What are your understandings of these two functions?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fi is self-understanding, right? Knowing exactly how you feel and think and drawing conclusions from your ethics?

Ti...I'm a bit fuzzy on that.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
ok, went back and read some definitions of both Fi and Ti. I'd like to think I relate a bit more to Ti but that very well may be learned. I happen to know that when I was a child my parents would use me as a lie/character detector for people they'd just met because apparently at age six I was pretty good at telling whether or not the person in front of me was a good person or not. Also, was a cutter, went through therapy, and have learned not to trust or rely on my feelings nearly as much as I did, as they obviously drove me to a very dark place where I'd rather not return.

Also, the Fi description didn't make much sense.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Briochick, I'm going to be honest.

Whenever I read any of your posts, I get ENFP. And more recently ISFP. You may just be a 4w3 INFP which can appear like ENFP or ISFP, but my initial vibe from you was definitely one of the two of the latter.

But really only you can confirm what type you are. You know how you think and you know yourself better anyone on this forum, so it'll just take some introspection and a look at function descriptions and how the functions for a type work in tangent to help you figure out which one you are.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ok, went back and read some definitions of both Fi and Ti. I'd like to think I relate a bit more to Ti but that very well may be learned. I happen to know that when I was a child my parents would use me as a lie/character detector for people they'd just met because apparently at age six I was pretty good at telling whether or not the person in front of me was a good person or not. Also, was a cutter, went through therapy, and have learned not to trust or rely on my feelings nearly as much as I did, as they obviously drove me to a very dark place where I'd rather not return.

Also, the Fi description didn't make much sense.

It's mainly about how you prefer to make decisions. Do you look at the pros and cons before you do something? Or do you do things because your 'gut' tells you that it is the right thing to do?

VagrantFarce

Quotin' from the bible:

Lenore Thomson said:
Although Introverted Thinking and Introverted Feeling both prompt us to reason perceptually, as a situation is happening, they preside over different areas of Judgement. Introverted Thinking is dispassionate and impersonal, prompting an interest in systemic logic: the probable consequences of immediate choice. For example, if we drill new holes into our shelf groove, will we have to compensate at other points in the process?

ITPs, for whom Introverted Thinking is primary, are usually creative technicians of one sort of another who reason literally in terms of patterns and emerging variables. Paul Simon, for example, talks about the constant evolution of a song as he exploits its structural potential, incorporating a snatch of Bach here, a gospel chord change there, each decision affecting the whole, creating new consequences and possibilities.

Introverted Feeling focuses our attention differently. It encourages a personal relationship to an evolving pattern, a will to guage the situation by an experiential ideal. For example, if we use Introverted Feeling to make a good spaghetti sauce, we won't follow recipes or measure ingredients. We'll sample the sause as we're making it: gauging its taste, smell, and texture by their ideal outcome and adjusting for circumstantial variables so the emerging pattern stays on track.

Although this process might be called aesthetic judgement, it doesn't operate on the basis of artistic principles. Its basis is living, breathing, firsthand experience. If we've never encountered a decent spaghetti sauce, we wouldn't use Introverted Feeling. We'd turn to objective judgement: acquire a recipe (Extraverted Thinking) or ask a friend for advice (Extraverted Feeling). We might even use Introverted Thinking and experiment. To invoke Introverted Feeling, however, we have to know the difference between a good outcome and a bad one - know with our senses, in our bones.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
how about (lol, and this is a quote from my mother, who happens to be standing over the computer waiting for me to get off it) "You look at the pros and cons and then go with you gut"? :D

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
how about (lol, and this is a quote from my mother, who happens to be standing over the computer waiting for me to get off it) "You look at the pros and cons and then go with you gut"? :D

Fi with a high T :)