• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am probably an INTJ. Or am I?

What type is Jesus?

• INTJ

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Neither, please explain further.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OH NO JESUS WE LOST YOU!!!!!

Well I always thought you were unusually high on Ni, Fi for an ENTJ!

Well. No you didn't, darling :D I still love you, you know :hug: :)D)
But yeah, I don't think like an ENTJ.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Well. No you didn't, darling :D I still love you, you know :hug: :)D)
But yeah, I don't think like an ENTJ.

Certainly not, with that display!

But anyways Jesus, I'd go back to the descriptions and not worry too much about the functions. If you find INTJ "fits" a little bit better, then that's what you probably are. Also, VagrantFarce's threads are typically very good.

For whatever it's worth, I've always found you to be ENTJ, just not in any sort of extreme. Although that's mainly because you used to sing in vent :cheese:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OH NO JESUS WE LOST YOU!!!!!

Well I always thought you were unusually high on Ni, Fi for an ENTJ!

Certainly not, with that display!

But anyways Jesus, I'd go back to the descriptions and not worry too much about the functions. If you find INTJ "fits" a little bit better, then that's what you probably are. Also, VagrantFarce's threads are typically very good.

For whatever it's worth, I've always found you to be ENTJ, just not in any sort of extreme. Although that's mainly because you used to sing in vent :cheese:

Oh, it's just JustHer making me all emotional. Light of my soul, etc.

Well... It sort of does. I am way more into knowledge than actually doing stuff, for one. Theorizing is definitely my strong point.
As for the whole leadership thing...
I only step in and do something if - as the descriptions say - I can do it better or if nobody else is up to it.
Sure, I like power, but the responsibility and time spent babysitting people is often not worth it.
And of course the matter of me needing to spend time alone a lot.

Yes, I used to sing when I had a microphone :D I do enjoy singing... That could hardly be type-related.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for the whole leadership thing...
I only step in and do something if - as the descriptions say - I can do it better or if nobody else is up to it.
Sure, I like power, but the responsibility and time spent babysitting people is often not worth it.

Sounds like the ENTJs I know, who are much more laidback than type descriptions would have you believe. You vibe as more of an extravert to me, you have an outgoing energy rather than withdrawing. You could just have strong Ni that's making you believe you're introverted, but I see E > I.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Honestly, you could be either. I find it very difficult to type people without being able to "observe them in the wild," so to speak.

Though I don't doubt your own observations, It's entirely possible that you have an atypical function like Ni. For example, I have a strangely strong Ti (then again, it's possible that I'm confusing certain elements of Ni for those of Ti).

That being said, the behaviors you have described here would certainly point at INTJ. In which case, welcome to the club!

Oh yeah, and concerning the humor issue, I think that's normal. I goof around like an ESFP a lot, but ONLY in the company of my closest friends, and typically when drunk. My guess? Blame it on the shadow. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you live for?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you live for?

Knowledge, guns, fine food, beautiful women (look below).

I'm pretty sure he lives for conversations with me.

Yes, and if you read the above statement, you are not only beautiful but also witty and slightly odd, which makes it fun and intriguing. :nerd:

:)hug:)

Usehername

On a mission
I've posted before that I'm highly (near-completely?) skeptical of someone who doesn't know they're INTJ from the get-go.

It seems to be the most common characteristic of INTJs--they know, and they know immediately, their type. The INxJ individuals on the forum didn't start with another type before concluding INxJ (though lots of non-INxJ people flirt with the idea of being an INxJ for a little while).

You give off an ExTx vibe to me; other than that, I'm not sure (especially because I don't know much about your cultural norms to ground your personality).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Guys, guys, I already confirmed he's an INTJ. We can all go home now. ;)

He's so...openly social, though. INTJs usually have this vibe, even on-line, there's this feeling...like...I don't know, he doesn't have that vibe.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
When you come up with a great new way of doing things, are you content in writing it down somewhere, to be presented if necessary, or do you feel your work is not done until the plan has come to fruition?

Fecal McAngry

When you come up with a great new way of doing things, are you content in writing it down somewhere, to be presented if necessary, or do you feel your work is not done until the plan has come to fruition?

Which heartless bitch do you most easily relate to--Hillary Clinton, or Dr. Laura?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Nowhere near as dry as most INTJ's are online, I didn't for a moment doubt you were ENTJ. But I would have to know you offline to say, as perhaps more than any other function I ahve always thought the I/E axis doesn't really need much analysis, and is just about empirical observation of someone's sociability, and so is pretty hard to tell online, if it can be told at all.

But maybe I'm just vulgarizing Jungianism...:tongue:

Btw I voted for my ill-ingformed jsut for the pleasure of participating in electoral farce (what we need is a "dictatorship of the Ni" to really establish the truth ;))

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's so...openly social, though. INTJs usually have this vibe, even on-line, there's this feeling...like...I don't know, he doesn't have that vibe.

You mean like... Extremely closed off and afraid of people? No, I do not suffer from agoraphobia or anything like that.
Hardly no one is 100% either this or that.

The question is, what the hell really makes me an extrovert in the first place?
I don't do stuff all the time. I'm highly intelligent and very, very lazy and unmotivated.
Also slightly - or very - silly.

Also to tcda:
Yes... Dictatorship. All these very, very enlightening replies makes me into a reactionary tyrant, it seems. :jew:
I remember this particular slow grinding of the axis (nazi reference) from other previous times when I have changed type.
People seeing what they have always seen, until they've become used to a new idea.

Not to offend anyone, but it is a little thing I have thought of before :D
...And how INTPs hardly ever see a problem with changes if there is a thread of logic through it.
Also cool to see a few homemade rules and such. I'd like to see them explained further in detail. Preferably with some shreds of logic weaved into it, however unlikely it sounds that someone should just be able to know their type instantly.

The problem, if you are versatile like me, is that you have several sides of being.
With life being a goddamn role play, and I aware of it, it doesn't become easier finding the true self.
You could say that I have a core which I am unearthing a little at a time, and a whole bunch of wigs and costumes which I find entertaining or useful.

I know enough to know that someone will scream "INTP!!! Chameleon! They do that!".
No, no and time again no. If I am a perceiver, then the real Jesus was born out of a llamas rectum on Hawaii on the 14th of June, 1972.
I mean, the seventies was one big giant haze, but nobody is slow enough to think me a Perceiver if that person ever met me in real life.

As for an explanation of this, i'd simply like to state that Darwin said something about "survival of the fittest", meaning adaptation.
I adapt a hell of a lot without trouble. Simple as that.
It works really fine. Not like some square stereotypical gargantuan who never realizes the proverbial spoon in "there is no spoon, it is only you that is bending" is what it is.
As long as shit works, i'm happy.

As for my cultural roots, Usehername, I am Swedish. It's much the same as american. We're fed american culture night and day, and we weren't much different to start with...
But yeah, we don't like libertarianism and such. We're social democrats, protestants and we watch a whole lot of TV.
You could compare us to "depressed Midwest" middle class democrats. That's Swedish in a nutshell.
We eat cheeseburgers, celebrate Christmas one day too early, we have a strange festival in the spring and we raise may poles and dance strange dances around it at midsummer.
The similarity in culture can be measured in how well most swedes communicate in English, because of media, political and trade related influence.
I am not some provincial spear-hurling barbarian or the like ;)
And we don't have polar bears. Honest to God.