• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I truly an ISFP?

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really relate to ISFP's I know. They seem to have a low self esstem, and not i'm not exactly quiet. Don't be put off by all the function tests below, I am puting a little description of myself below it, if you prefer to type people that way.

My function results:

Cognitive Process (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************************** (40.1)
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.7)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.7)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.5)
Extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.3)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.7)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.9)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.1)

Result: ESFP
Others to consider: ISFP, ENFP.

Another time
sgsk0g.jpg

Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: ESFP

Again I took it, just for more of an understanding. I got ESFP as a result again.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.7)
limited usee
xtraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good us
eintroverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use

But thing is, I don't exactly relate to ESFP's either.

A bit about me:
The trouble is, I find it hard to describe myself, I condrict myself quiet often. I can be warm, but cold for example. I find it hard sometimes to hurt people though, I know how it would effect them, I know people well. Then again, I am reckless with people, and will tell them how I feel, no matter the outcome. I know what people want to hear also.

I am good at improvising, and getting what I want, without manipulating people. But i'm a good manipulator though. I normally get comments that I am strange/werid/I live in my own world. When I feel i'm quite in touch with reality, and I am probably just eccentric at times.

I'm not exactly quiet around people I don't know. My mum would say I always want my say in, even if i'm in the background. If I feel a connection with the person, I can instantly become their friend, I don't feel I should go out of my way to make friends though, they just come naturally. In a social event, I do stick to my friends, but when friends, of friends come into the situation I can talk easily to them also. With strangers, I would never approach them, unless they come to me first. Then I can normally find something to talk about with them. I don't really go out often, I dislike clubs, I prefer an atmosphere like a pub, where I can talk/discuss ect:, not dance. Or I like being in a house enviroment. I wouldn't say I need to be alone to get energy, or be in situation with people to get it either. I am always told, and I agree that I am full of energy anyway, and that I can be hyperactive, but not like i'm a child on E's.

I've got a good head on my shoulders, but i'm pretty messy, and don't get things done of time, unless they interest. I also worry about silly things, but I know the truth, but I imagine the worst, so I won't be let down. I do have diffiicluty with what to for a future career, I'm stuck between art subjects, like fashion design, or graphic design, or psychology, and journalism. I'm not good at maths. I have taken IT, and Media Studies, and passed both. Although I had trouble with some of the tutors, and it effected my work.

I love myself, but i'm not vain about it. I know where my opinon stands on things, and if I really belive in something, I will have my input. The only thing I dislike about myself is my apperance. I think i'm pretty, at times, and then other days, I don't. I don't understand people who dislike themselves, and people who are over emotional. I dislike people who always look for attention, and I am scared that I would turn into someone like that. I cannot stand needy people/ clingy people, and I am put off by them.

I love to laugh and joke, but I know when to be serious. For my hobbies, I enjoy reading fiction, and sometimes theory books, creating stories, watching television, and photomanipulation.

I don't really know how to end this so... there.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose you could decide between sfp and nfp by thinking through your temperament. Try this thread A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type.

Interaction Styles. They are:

* Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding). With patience and a calm, quiet style, they focus on understanding and accommodation to lead the team to the best possible result. (ISFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP)

* Artisan/Improviser (Concrete and Pragmatic): Want the freedom to choose the next act. Seek to have impact, to get results. Want to be graceful, bold, and impressive. (ISFP, ISTP, ESFP, ESTP)

* Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative): Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. (INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)

I relate to those. I can see ISFP coming close, but why can't I relate to ISFP's I know? I previously thought I was an ENFP, and got along with them very well. But my functions don't fit that way.

Thanks for your help.