• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me if you're bored enough

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not entirely sure very many people will have an opinion about my type, and I'm not sure why I'm making this thread, but for some reason I am. I'm curious what someone else might think that my type is based on my posts and whatnot. I guess I'm curious how other impressions fit or contrast with my own.

Qre:us

toonia, I find your posts to be one of the most thoughtful, and insightful contributions to this board. I rarely say anything because it'd usually be something lame along the lines of, "wow, I completely agree"....which hardly seems equivalent a response to the insights you provide.
:doh:

It reads to me like it's dripping with Ni; my Ne finds it quite intriguing, while other types of Ne-tinged thoughts doesn't evoke the same awe and intrigue (in difference).

Your responses to social or relationship questions, I especially find that you don't just stick with one perspective, but offer how what you propose would be taken in by all the players involved, and even grander social implications. You see social dynamics quite globally. This leads me to think Fe.

So, I would lean more towards NiFe, although I can't be sure because there's this calm detachment, aloofness to you, and how you interact, 'hiding away in the woods', away from the cacophany of human bs. A privateness about you, which I want to respect and not overstep, because it's subtle, strong, and self-contained, yet, not selfish or defensive. This need/want for your own space. So, it almost makes me feel like I'm defiling something poking too deep in.....so, in a way, I'm content to not know more. Yet, at the same time, this distance I feel is quite gentle and welcoming all at the same time. Weird paradox. This, for me, speaks of a very matured handle on Fe by an introvert.

So, from the little that I'm lucky to have seen on this forum, it speaks NiFe to me.

Although, I kind of like the idea of you being INFx....able to move with ease between INFP and INFJ. The ability to navigate between all those "opposing" functions with ease. A preference being moot, kinda.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^That was an incredibly thoughtful thing to say. Thankyou greatly.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're an INFJ I'd say.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Undeniably INFJ.
You leave a long lasting impression on me with the way you express your thoughts, well thought out and the ideas are accomplished.

S

Sniffles

You do seem to have an INFJ vibe to you toonia. Sorry Im not able to go into details about it - but Q above did a pretty good job.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have always related very much to your posts and way of thinking/viewing things.

I think your desire to see all facets of a situation (which can lead to inability to commit to any one) is a strong indicator of Ni, and I also think there is a lot of Ti - more of a calm, detached, thoughtful, analytical bent - to your posts. Breaking things down, as well as a strong desire for rationality and an urge for reason.

I know we discussed, long ago, about the various cognitive functions, and how we both relate to elements of Fi, and it was a source of confusion in deciphering between INFP/INFJ. For myself, I have concluded it's simply a byproduct of my extreme introversion...it's not surprising that having spent so much time in my head, analyzing things as well as myself, that I'd go into Fi-land. haha. I've realized over the past year, however, that even if I utilize Fi in some ways, it's quite different from embodying Fi as a dominant process and mode of being. It's not my primary mode of being, nor do I utilize Ne, really at all, even though I had relatively high Ne when taking those tests. I've realized I lack Ne when I compare myself to Ne-dom's, and even Ne-aux's, in real life: I am in no way, shape, or form, like them. :) I might intellectually understand what Ne entails, and utilize pieces of it as a tool/method depending on the situation I am in, but I don't embody Ne - not by a long shot, haha.

Sorry I'm typing more about myself at this point. I just know cognitive functions were one of the areas you couldn't easily reconcile; and even to this day I strongly believe that beyond your first couple of functions, which define type (as type is defined), anything goes after that, based on life experience as well as other psychological factors. I think there are a lot of contradictions amongst the various mbti theories, as well as how it is applied (one person relying most on one theory, another person another, and different typing's being the result), and I think people can make it way more black-and-white than it is.

But when you view mbti as a human-created framework - 16 general personality 'modes' - I think you fall into INFJ best.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ.

You and Fidelia read very similarly to me. It's the ability to see things from all angles, know how to communicate in an appropriate manner with people based on context, + the tertiary Ti underlying your explanations.

(Sorry this comes off sort of impersonal, I'm pooped...!)

R

Riva

If this is a IxxP vs IxxJ battle I would easily select IxxJ for you.

The reason being you do IxTPs tend to run off in an argument to prove their point of view for proving a Ti point sake and IxFPs tend to run off in an argument to prove their point of view for Fi sake.

OR they (INxP) try to prove 1,000 points in one post and fail to convince.

You,
Do not have any of the above traits. Infact you never have one sided argument (I haven't seen). You cover so many points of views from different angles. Which is a INxJ trait.

--------------------------------

Spooky toonia... ;)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a bit new here but have read a number of your posts and think I agree with INFJ consensus. To be honest, the first time I started reading one of your posts, I was scanning through things quickly as I often do and then, well, was stopped a bit dead in my tracks - went back and read it more carefully, and then read it again. Your insight, depth of perspective, analytical mind, and the way your emotions flow into your writing - it is all a bit astonishing. Very humbling. You are a very beautiful person. :hi: