• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

questioning my type

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
im not sure if im just a girly, romantic entp
or just a perceptive and practical enfp
or if its just a flaw in the system

when it comes to my default, i do use my T function over my F

when it comes to romance, i tend to get very romantic and idealistic although i dont lose sight of my reason. im also very girly and i do get my feelings hurt by potential suitors or my s.o, especially when ive chosen to expose them. i can be pretty vulnerable and delicate sometimes.

im always dreaming and am very affectionate. i can be loving and caring but all of these things dont come too naturally to me...i cant be like this all the time although i want to. i also have to have a deep connection with someone or else it feels fake and just not right and i get "grossed" out.

when i read the "Quick Guide" i was kind of torn between these

Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative): Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. (INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)

Rational/Theorist (Abstract and Pragmatic): Want knowledge and to be competent, to achieve mastery. Seek expertise to understand how the world and things in it work. (INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ)

when im in a relationship with someone or with my family, i want to be the idealist/catalyst with them and i usually kind of am to a certain extent.

personally, i do find myself as a theorist/rationalist

although i do sympathize with people's situations and i place myself in their shoes, i dont give any advice that is altered by feelings. i see their problems from different angles and always give the best advice i can.
i actually LIKE to hear people talk about their concerns but its more because im interested in their SITUATION, not necessarily them although helping them progress is an added bonus. i like figuring out the "bigger picture" of their situations and coming up with different conclusions.

i dont know...

any ideas/opinions/theories

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i'd like to practice switching my J and P back and forth fast. maybe thats what u are doing with ur N and T.

too bad there's no switching skill measurements. lolz

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
you mean switch between F and T? :p

hm...that could be a possibility.

i wonder how many do that :huh:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
woops, i meant f and t, u are right. >_<

people do it unconsciously all the time... i think as i get older, i def. am not answering those personality questions in the same way vs. 10 years ago... even tho so far my basic type has stayed the same...

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I'm somewhat girly and romantic too. I think all ENTP girls are. When they want to be...
But then again I realize that even though F is nice, romantic and warm, it kinda sucks when you have to make the best out of controversial situations. So when making important decisions I prefer using my T, because as my experience shows it usually leads to a greater success.
I think you're an ENTP with a strong F.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting, you come across as SP online to me, buuuuut as an ENTP I can relate quite a bit to what you wrote.

Relationships are a major cause of confusion for me, I can be idealistic but in order for it to be authentic there is an element of vulnerability which is very uncomfortable.

If this is why you think you're an ENFP then I'd say not.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'd say you're an ExTP that has no problems going into and operating under Pe-Fe mode.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mitzy,

A killer question... you are seeing someone and you figure out that you are not totally seeing a future with them

Typically do you keep or dump? How difficult would be it be to dump them, even if you liked that person a lot....

A T typically would dump them even if it was hard... they want to be in relationships with future and F type would struggle big time.

Being T doens't mean you have no F.... I have a pretty good F but my T is still a LOT bigger.....:)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Mitzy,

A killer question... you are seeing someone and you figure out that you are not totally seeing a future with them

Typically do you keep or dump? How difficult would be it be to dump them, even if you liked that person a lot....

A T typically would dump them even if it was hard... they want to be in relationships with future and F type would struggle big time.

Being T doens't mean you have no F.... I have a pretty good F but my T is still a LOT bigger.....:)

I don't think it's always so cut and dry like this. If anything Feelers can have a much better idea of how they feel in regards to a person and how the relationship will go, leading to a better ability to make interpersonal and relationship decisions.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think it's always so cut and dry like this. If anything Feelers can have a much better idea of how they feel in regards to a person and how the relationship will go.

I do agree that it's not always clean cut... go and look at both the threads which I started in late summer.... in the MBTI section, F truely had major issues dumping, T's much less so.

I apprecaite the keep or dump dicotomy is not always clean cut, but it gets you closer quicker... as a person with a fair bit of F myself, I do make major decisions based on T thinking. I also shop like that too ;)

Look at the narative not just the pole results, the F's were really funny
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-other-personality-matrices/21883-testing-t-ness.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-other-personality-matrices/21884-testing-f-ness.html

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I do agree that it's not always clean cut... go and look at both the threads which I started in late summer.... in the MBTI section, F truely had major issues dumping, T's much less so.

I apprecaite the keep or dump dicotomy is not always clean cut, but it gets you closer quicker... as a person with a fair bit of F myself, I do make major decisions based on T thinking. I also shop like that too ;)

Okay, I see what you mean now.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
Mitzy,

if i dont see a future with someone im seeing, i break up with them regardless of how deeply we feel for each other. it is hard for the first few days but usually im up on my feet again within a week lol. sometimes i feel bad for how quickly i recover, but im just not the type to sulk around for days and im not afraid to carry on with my life. sometimes decisions like that are just necessary.

anyway, thanks for all of your answers, it was really helpful! maybe im just like that sometimes because im a pisces :newwink: