• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Completely Confused

Yzzi94

I have done the MBTI test quite a few times, but keeps getting different answers (INFJ, ISTJ, INTJ) and, now, I really have not got a clue what I am. Is it all right if you guys help me out? I'll just say a few things that may help (sorry if it's to vague D:)

I am a huge fan of dry humor, mostly political satire. I am a pushover; but only things that I find trivial. Like, could you get me a drink. Fine. Get the ball (every two minutes) Fine. But, if it goes against my morals, there is no way in hell I'm going to do it.
Usually, I am extremely quiet, and perfer at home just me time. But, I like hanging around extroverts at school (properly becuase I don't really have to say anything at all.) But, when I do say something, it is really random (and it is usually a question and is very blunt- *when do the leaves come back on the trees?*) Becuase I am usually on a different wave length, alone in my own little world. That is usually with a group of people. But, when it's one on one or with a really quiet person, I get really chatty.
I really try to help others, and it annoys me when people blunty make hurtful comments on people. Especially if it's only to do with appeances, or it's on the web (to much is said that you would never say to them face to face.). But, sadly, sometimes I sometimes point something out that may offend them *you have big ears...* but, sadly it is more of an observation , not meaning to offend (i am tactless)
I get paranoid easily about what people think of me, and is the worse verbal fighter in the world (unless, it's something like dabating). I can not lie even if I want to. People just know it's lying first thing.
I love music that is catchy, and ones that remind me of certain things. I daydream a lot. Umm, people usually don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I usually have a smile on, and look on the brighter side of life and you only live once are really good mottos.
I don't really get angry, and I don't shout. Usually, when I am pissed off, I try to be quiter then usual or go somewhere else. Just so they don't have to deal with me when I am pissed (save a headache for people)
I don't like people looking through my stuff, but they can borrow anything they please (only if they give it back)

That's it. If you need anymore info, just tell me.
(I am so sorry if this post stuff's up, I really still don't know how to do these things... and sorry if it's to long!)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love music that is catchy, and ones that remind me of certain things.

^^^ I hate that feeling, I don't trust it and I avoid that music... that's likely Fi lol

I daydream a lot. I usually have a smile on, and look on the brighter side of life and you only live once are really good mottos.

^^^ You're probably an enneagram 9, especially since you've pointed out that you don't get angry. There's a chance you might be a seven (which are scattered) or a two (which love to be loved) though, those three types have a similar attitude.

Check this: 9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker
If it's no good, look at the other types.

All I got so far is that you're an introvert and you (probably) use introverted feeling, which could be ISFP, INFP, ISTJ (tertiary), INTJ (tertiary).

Not being on the same wavelength as others could either be a result of introversion or intuition, it depends on what causes it: do you jump to random ideas/conclusions? or do you live in your own world of experiences... or is it a combination of both?

The thing is, to type yourself (which is the most accurate method), you must become able to see your thoughts from outside of yourself, and know what they are. Read up as much MBTI as you can, start with descriptions, then move on to functions.

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I get a bit of the Fi feeling king-of-despair mentioned. I'd probably look at INFJ and INFP. Read some descriptions of each and see if either fits.

Yzzi94

I get a bit of the Fi feeling king-of-despair mentioned.

umm *chuckles awkwardly*, sorry if I misunderstand this, but, are you saying i'm a bit 'wallow in self pity?' If thats the case, I'm actually really happy all the time...

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I would say INTJ.

- Off in your own world, daydream
- Usually blunt, tactless.
- Believe in morals (tertiary Fi in INTJs)
- Quiet around many people, but chatty in one-on-ones

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
umm *chuckles awkwardly*, sorry if I misunderstand this, but, are you saying i'm a bit 'wallow in self pity?' If thats the case, I'm actually really happy all the time...

:). You've been reading too much Typology Central.

p.s. I'm voting INFP at the moment.

Yzzi94

Ahh, thank you everyone who replied back to this post. It means a lot!
I am most likely to be an INFP :alttongue:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Well, Fi in its definition is about personal values and making decisions based on them. Nothing to do with "wallowing in self pity" at all...

I do have to agree though that I can relate to many of your points, especially the pushover in things I consider trivial, and the self-questioning portion where I'm worried of what others would think of me. It doesn't seem to jive with the tactless part though, if you are worried about what people think of you.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahh, thank you everyone who replied back to this post. It means a lot!
I am most likely to be an INFP :alttongue:

Do you see through time? All INFPs have this power of course, you can't be one without it :coffee: