• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Verify my type?

flybynight

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey guys:
My name is Peter, and as you can see, I have typed myself as an INTJ. However, I have had mixed results from different tests. So, I think it would be cool if I could talk about myself and you guys could type me.
1. I am in school, and run a 4.0 GPA. I especially enjoy math and the sciences (esp. Chemistry).
2. I tend to associate with others who share passions. I am a member of math and science clubs, for example. However, I spend most of my time in front of my computer alone.
3. I play a musical instrument and study music theory at school. I must always have music or some noise (TV etc...) on when I am working.
4. I am a Christian (apparently most INTJs aren't religious), but I dislike organized religion (so, I don't go to church very often).
5. When someone tells me an idea I typically try to find counter-examples and flaws. I'll argue sides I don't believe in just for the sake of testing an idea. I love a good debate, as long as the person I am debating isn't dumb.
6. I tend to think a lot before I say things, when I meet someone at first I am rarely "real" with them, it takes awhile to actually know how I am.
7. I don't watch TV much, the news tends to bother me, I like comedies (esp. the Big Band Theory) and documentaries.
8. I tend to be a leader and someone people respect.
9. I take things personally at times.
10. I like to learn things, how and why things work. I love to understand esoteric things and methods just in case I see them somewhere. But, I tend not to follow through (thus, I about "half-know" some half dozen languages).

Hope that's enough to go off of,
Thanks,
Peter

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Welcome, Peter! :)

I'd say you're an INTJ, you definitely don't sound like a P.

VagrantFarce

Hi Peter! :hi:

Make sure to take a look at this thread when determining your type:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html

If you want us to really take a stab at determing your type for you, try to focus more on your own behaviour and how you tend to interact with the world, rather than just your general interests. :) That makes it easier for us to determine what functions you prefer, and thus narrow down the types you're most likely to be.

flybynight

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I looked at the guide for double checking (I've lurked for awhile, so I've read a good deal). One thing that throws me off though is that, at least from what I'm reading, Ps leave options open and have something like a "fear of commitment." I am definitely indecisive, but when I make a decision, I am typically going to go that way without changing.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I looked at the guide for double checking (I've lurked for awhile, so I've read a good deal). One thing that throws me off though is that, at least from what I'm reading, Ps leave options open and have something like a "fear of commitment." I am definitely indecisive, but when I make a decision, I am typically going to go that way without changing.

I think Ni as the dominant function can make INxJ's pretty indecisive at times...or takes a while to make a decision..you know, gathering all sorts of information or weighing various options can take time. But yeah, once I decide something, I pretty much always stick to it, such that I am really bothered with myself, can get irritated/angry, and think it's a bad trait the few times I do change my mind. :)

VagrantFarce

Think of it in terms of outward behaviour. Once you've set your eyes on a target, do you find it easy to waiver? If you don't, this gives the outward impression of decisiveness and, sometimes, stubborness. Ps find it easy to waiver or neglect their tasks, and so outwardly seem indecisive or unfocused. :)

The truth is, Ps are governed by introverted judgement, and so their outward behaviour gives the illusion of an indecisive or irrational mind. The truth is the complete opposite! A P's mind is extremely rational and ordered. So because Ps rely so much on irrational behaviour to interact with the world, they easily regard outward structure with contempt. If you want to get on a P's bad side, tell them off for "acting irrationally" or "acting like a child". :)

Js are the opposite; on the outside, their behaviour seems extremely rational and focused. This is because they interact with the world using extraverted judgement. Their mind, however, is governed by introverted perception, and as such their thoughts are completely irrational and unstructured. So Js love structured environments, and love being "in control", where they're able to apply their thoughts in a way that everyone can make sense of. If you want to get on a J's bad side, tell them off for being "too controlling". :)