• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or quiet, plotting, closeted ENTP?

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I have a hard time telling which one I am.

I frequently test as an XNTP, with a high perceiving element, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm leaning towards the INTJ direction.

When I first took the MBTI in 10th grade, I tested as an ENTP, and this made oodles of sense. My heroes were already Richard Feynman and other scientists, and I was a brilliant improvisational public speaker (but a failed school politician), I was horny and witty and programming and game playing and all over the place. Superlatives used to describe me included "quirky", "creative", and "smart kid but bad student". The years before that, I could imagine

Some incidents in my life have caused me to look at it more seriously. This year, I'm taking the IB (International Baccalaureate, for those of you who don't know. It's the closest to hell a high schooler can get to), and now it's becoming less and less viable for me to go on an improvisational spree that I was so good at before. Now it feels like I forgot how to ride a bike. The teachers are a bit more strict so voicing off my ideas is less plausible; it's all about analysis. I'm good at analysis, but I've always learned best when I debated and percolated in my head. But now I find it hard to talk to people, and I've lost the enthusiasm that is so signature of the ENTP, and the creativity that accompanied it. I've lost confidence in my ability to talk to people that I feel like I've earned. My girlfriend left me; my mum has breast cancer, so now my family is kind of hard to talk to. It kind of shook my roots.

Now I'm really sarcastic and not giving a damn, when a part of me wishes I was a bit more considerate. I'm very serious, very emotionally neutral and hard to excite. I've been directing a lot of insults at my sister, and I've been very critical of a bunch of stuff. I've been making future plans. It's all very INTJ.

An INTJ to me sounds like a quiet ENTP who schemes. If that's what I am or becoming, then great, but I'd like to have some peace of mind.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
To me, it just sounds like you were an energetic young teenager and now you've had to deal with some hard stuff, and are older and thinking about your future.

I can't discern your type from this.

sleepy

An INTJ to me sounds like a quiet ENTP who schemes.
Oh no, totally different animals...All these stuff points to Ne. Seems your Fe is challenged and unbalance you. ENTP sounds fine, maybe slightly on the shadow side. INTJs would not care about these things, they are the closest thing to a robot.

What are your function preferences?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

VagrantFarce

ISTJs are programmed by other people
INTJs program themselves :devil:

but nonetheless, ROBOTS!!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :D guess you're right.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no, totally different animals...All these stuff points to Ne. Seems your Fe is challenged and unbalance you. ENTP sounds fine, maybe slightly on the shadow side. INTJs would not care about these things, they are the closest thing to a robot.

What are your function preferences?

I am not certain that you understand INTJs very well.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I frequently test as an XNTP, with a high perceiving element, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm leaning towards the INTJ direction.

When I first took the MBTI in 10th grade, I tested as an ENTP, and this made oodles of sense. My heroes were already Richard Feynman and other scientists, and I was a brilliant improvisational public speaker (but a failed school politician), I was horny and witty and programming and game playing and all over the place. Superlatives used to describe me included "quirky", "creative", and "smart kid but bad student". The years before that, I could imagine

Some incidents in my life have caused me to look at it more seriously. This year, I'm taking the IB (International Baccalaureate, for those of you who don't know. It's the closest to hell a high schooler can get to), and now it's becoming less and less viable for me to go on an improvisational spree that I was so good at before. Now it feels like I forgot how to ride a bike. The teachers are a bit more strict so voicing off my ideas is less plausible; it's all about analysis. I'm good at analysis, but I've always learned best when I debated and percolated in my head. But now I find it hard to talk to people, and I've lost the enthusiasm that is so signature of the ENTP, and the creativity that accompanied it. I've lost confidence in my ability to talk to people that I feel like I've earned. My girlfriend left me; my mum has breast cancer, so now my family is kind of hard to talk to. It kind of shook my roots.

Now I'm really sarcastic and not giving a damn, when a part of me wishes I was a bit more considerate. I'm very serious, very emotionally neutral and hard to excite. I've been directing a lot of insults at my sister, and I've been very critical of a bunch of stuff. I've been making future plans. It's all very INTJ.

An INTJ to me sounds like a quiet ENTP who schemes. If that's what I am or becoming, then great, but I'd like to have some peace of mind.

I doubt that you have changed type. It sounds like you've had some difficult things going on. Give it some time and try and be nicer to your sister.

Fecal McAngry

I would give you a 95% probability of being a depressed, stressed ENTP.
A 4% probability of being a depressed, stressed INTP.
And a 1% probability of being something else--ESFJ, large white fluffy bunny, can of tomato soup, etc.

Let's focus on the obvious:
You are under a buttload of stress with nobody to talk to about said stress. As a result you feel ungrounded and are questioning things you previously took for granted...

Find people to talk to. At least one good ear. Ideally, someone or some people who can provide some detached objective perspective on your life, as well as offering moral support and encouragement.

The problems you are currently facing will pass. You will then be faced with new ones, but hopefully they will be more enjoyable;)