• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTJ vs ENTJ

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What types of things differentiate ESTJs and ENTJs? I have a close friend who I am trying to figure out which of these 2 types he is. He's taken 2 tests, the first gave ENTJ and the second gave ISTP, which is completely wrong. The big problem I am having is that he seems to be a sensor although the descriptions of ENTJ fit him slightly better than ESTJ.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
What makes you feel like he's a sensor? (wondering if I can match his sensorish behavior with mine)

R

Riva

What types of things differentiate ESTJs and ENTJs? I have a close friend who I am trying to figure out which of these 2 types he is. He's taken 2 tests, the first gave ENTJ and the second gave ISTP, which is completely wrong. The big problem I am having is that he seems to be a sensor although the descriptions of ENTJ fit him slightly better than ESTJ.

He could be an Extroverted ISTP. They are quite different from ESTPs.

And remember ISTP have Ni Se which is what ENTJs have as well.

So I guess he could be a 'social' ISTP who appears to be an ENTJ.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
He's detail oriented. He works very much on specifics. He is very impulsive. He announces his ideas to the world raw. He does change his approach based on the situation. We both use plenty of analogies in our arguments. I find he often fixates too much on a particular analogy as part of the argument rather than just a tool of demonstration.

He basks in social interaction. He has little need of alone time. I know some people that are outgoing introverts but I don't think this friend is one of those.

The function preference test gave Te > Se > Ti > Si if you want some extra information.

R

Riva

He's detail oriented. He works very much on specifics. He is very impulsive. He announces his ideas to the world raw. He does change his approach based on the situation. We both use plenty of analogies in our arguments. I find he often fixates too much on a particular analogy as part of the argument rather than just a tool of demonstration.

The function preference test gave Te > Se > Ti > Si if you want some extra information.

Sounds like a ISTP actually.

ISTPs could appear to be Te uses when they are getting things done. They become extremely focused and hard to move.

And he seems to have Ti Se from the analog example you provided.

Ti wants to put things in order. So when you use one, he must be (Ti) trying to find out where it fits. Happens to ISTPs all the time.

Ti - "wait a sec! what? where did that come form""

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How else would an ISTP look like a Te user? I'm curious because He is among the most focuses people I know in terms of achieving a goal. He has a very dominating presence to most people.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Would it be possible that my friend is an ENTJ but just one that is dealing with the development of his tertiary Se? Just a possibility I realized.