• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who still thinks I'm ISTJ?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I've gotten the impression that there's a fair amount of people here that think ISTJ is my best typing. While not necessarily here to question my self-typing or the typing skills of others, I'd like to inquire as to why the ISTJ typing has a slight bit of popularity.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have noticed your style from time to time, and you haven't given off a vibe of anything else but INTx.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Why did you think you were ISTJ?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You're not ISTJ, at least I don't think you are. You seem INT_.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
make a video and post it here.

I second this. I'm guessing people who wondered about me being ENFP don't wonder anymore after seeing my dorkalicious video.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah Matthew...

Is your current "INTj" type under your pic talking about socionics or a low "J/P preference"? I'm guessing socionics...

Anyways, what makes you doubt Myers Briggs INTP?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I second this. I'm guessing people who wondered about me being ENFP don't wonder anymore after seeing my dorkalicious video.
i never wondered. i think extroverts come across more accurately than introverts online.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, I think most people were able to pick up what I'm really like. <3

Make a video yet matthew?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm not going to take advantage of the video option simply because I don't want my face on the internet.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm not going to take advantage of the video option simply because I don't want my face on the internet.
lol. you sort of remind me of zergling. maybe it's your voice. he struck me as an istp. to be fair i haven't had a lot of interaction with you so i'm not sure what type you are.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Why did you think you were ISTJ?

The first online MBTI test I ever took yielded ISFJ. After reviewing what that meant, I felt a revision to ISTJ was in order. ISTJ didn't feel like an exact fit, but it seemed plausible. I felt and still do feel that I have some traits that might indicate an Si-dom: Great memory, general awareness of surroundings, (combined, those two creating an ability to notice subtle change) and a general attention to details. I've had a psychologist state that I'm afraid of change; however, I attribute that observation to my annoyance when others (usually, parents or anyone that feels to be an authority figure) change what I have explicitly set.

I don't deny having a healthy dose of Si, but the ISTJ hypothesis fell apart by my general inability to relate to most of the Te descriptions.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The first online MBTI test I ever took yielded ISFJ. After reviewing what that meant, I felt a revision to ISTJ was in order. ISTJ didn't feel like an exact fit, but it seemed plausible. I felt and still do feel that I have some traits that might indicate an Si-dom: Great memory, general awareness of surroundings, (combined, those two creating an ability to notice subtle change) and a general attention to details. I've had a psychologist state that I'm afraid of change; however, I attribute that observation to my annoyance when others (usually, parents or anyone that feels to be an authority figure) change what I have explicitly set.

I don't deny having a healthy dose of Si, but the ISTJ hypothesis fell apart by my general inability to relate to most of the Te descriptions.

How about ISFJ then? You don't appreciate when others change what you've set in place? Golly gee that sounds awful familiar... sounds like Si getting pissed at others' lack of caring for Ti's logical consistency. This happens to me quite a bit. Have you evaluated the possibility of Fe?

Either way, you sound like you use lots of Ti and Si. So you could still be INTP, it just depends on which one takes higher preference (assuming this is valid).

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
How about ISFJ then? You don't appreciate when others change what you've set in place? Golly gee that sounds awful familiar... sounds like Si getting pissed at others' lack of caring for Ti's logical consistency. This happens to me quite a bit. Have you evaluated the possibility of Fe?

Either way, you sound like you use lots of Ti and Si. So you could still be INTP, it just depends on which one takes higher preference (assuming this is valid).
I've considered ISFJ, but Si seems more subservient to Ti, appearing most when under stress, rather than vice versa.

Qre:us

I do.

And, my biggest reason is the evidence of your Ne. The "Ne" I see in you, seems like a mix of functions trying to achieve/emulate Ne. It doesn't give off a vibe of a pure Ne-stream.

I cannot explain it better, just that sometimes your mix of "Ti-Ne" emulating is kinda....off. Kinda...flat. And, not flat in the dry sense that I see in INTPs.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/966709-post59.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/966725-post5.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/938046-post28.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/958387-post7.html

I think you being an INTJ is more plausible than INTP. I just don't buy your brand of Ne, but, that could also be my bias of what I expect out of Ne. Which doesn't seem to square off with what I see in you.

0.02 cents

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do.

And, my biggest reason is the evidence of your Ne.

I do as well, except I don't see much Ne at all, and more what appears to be Te and Si.

I think a huge reason why you might believe you are INTP and others might as well is because there is this is belief that ISTJs are not able to discuss abstract topics or don't like to do such, and are not as intelligent. I work with many ISTJs who I'm sure if they were a part of this forum, people would say they are INTx because they are able to discuss abstract topics with ease. The main difference between them and the INTx is that the INTx makes many intuitive jumps while the ISTJs build their arguments up point by point. The INTx, especially the INTP, will tend to bring in loosely related points into the discussion, where the ISTJ will stay on topic. There is also a difference in Te vs. Ti type thinking in that Te is very clear cut whereas Ti is more sprawling, if you understand what I mean.

There's also the other reasons I and others have stated in your other type threads, if you'd like to look them over.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I do as well, except I don't see much Ne at all, and more what appears to be Te and Si.

I think a huge reason why you might believe you are INTP and others might as well is because there is this is belief that ISTJs are not able to discuss abstract topics or don't like to do such, and are not as intelligent. I work with many ISTJs who I'm sure if they were a part of this forum, people would say they are INTx because they are able to discuss abstract topics with ease. The main difference between them and the INTx is that the INTx makes many intuitive jumps while the ISTJs build their arguments up point by point. The INTx, especially the INTP, will tend to bring in loosely related points into the discussion, where the ISTJ will stay on topic. There is also a difference in Te vs. Ti type thinking in that Te is very clear cut whereas Ti is more sprawling, if you understand what I mean.

There's also the other reasons I and others have stated in your other type threads, if you'd like to look them over.
So then you main input here is that you perceive my arguments and/or posts to be built up point-by-point rather than utilizing a few intuitive leaps?

The problem with accepting your post as outlined above is that it makes the assumption it is trying to prove. Namely, it explains the phenomenon of me having INTx-like traits if I were an ISTJ. It's a valid deduction given the input, but it can't be used to justify said input. Your interpretation would be a consequence of me being ISTJ, not vice versa.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you fallen in the trap of N = intelligence, and intelligence = N?

Come to the dark side. You know you want to. :vader1:

Qre:us

So then you main input here is that you perceive my arguments and/or posts to be built up point-by-point rather than utilizing a few intuitive leaps?

The problem with accepting your post as outlined above is that it makes the assumption it is trying to prove. Namely, it explains the phenomenon of me having INTx-like traits if I were an ISTJ. It's a valid deduction given the input, but it can't be used to justify said input. Your interpretation would be a consequence of me being ISTJ, not vice versa.

No, you missed her point. She's saying that the perceived INTx traits (on this board) are really stereotypes (they talk about concepts, theories well, while sensors possibly couldn't).......so whether it applies to you, or not, is inconsequential, and shouldn't be used as a measuring stick.

And, then she outlines something of yours that should be focused on...how you build the thoughts in your posts. (i.e., not what it's about)

The above post of yours was a desperate attempt to utilize Ti (prolly to give example of how 'well' your Ti is) but again...off.