• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Typing My Best Friend

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
How does your friend respond when someone else is upset (not upset at her, but upset about anything else)?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You're being a troll by jumping into threads calling people idiots without even considering what their replies are based off of.

Also, I fail to see how a Sensor would reply YES to "imaginative" but not YES to "detail oriented". The vagueness of the test swings both ways. I'm not saying test results are always accurate but for SOME people here, a consistent N and P is not something they would just ignore or that they should ignore either.

MBTI tests are not indicative of functional order, MBTI types are. What I am saying is that if you're an ENTP then your primary function is Ne. Which basically leaves us with the fact that if people are certain that she fits each part of each dichotomy, it is entirely plausible for them to think that it logically flows that she is an Ne dom.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Why seemingly an intuit? I don't see anything that screams N to me...I was gonna say more ESxx than anything.
Which is what I asked, and someone just pointed me to the test scores. :huh:

You're being a troll by jumping into threads calling people idiots without even considering what their replies are based off of.

I didn't call anyone an idiot (excluding you, but that was a clear and obvious exaggeration on my part) for thinking ENTP, I was just curious why.
Also, I fail to see how a Sensor would reply YES to "imaginative" but not YES to "detail oriented".
But, how exactly is being "imaginative" related to Nx? The questions gear towards what they see as obvious signs of an intuition preference, not any particular function.

MBTI tests are not indicative of functional order, MBTI types are. What I am saying is that if you're an ENxP then your primary function is Ne. Which basically leaves us with the fact that if people are certain that she fits each part of each dichotomy, it is entirely plausible for them to think that it logically flows that she is an Ne dom.

Obviously, the point is it doesn't fit in what was said about her by the OP, in my opinion, which is why I asked for others' opinions, and you just pointed to the test scores. My question was, what in the OP's description indicates Ne dominance? By telling me people/you based it on the test scores being consistent with NP, it just sounds incredibly stupid.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Really, is this what we're going to do?

How are you other guys typing people? It's embarrassing.

There's no universal method for typing, but there's surely bad ones.

Okay you're clearly missing the point.

You had not indicated in which way your typing method was better than everyone elses, yet you proceeded to insult the typing methods being used. Test results are as much a typing method as your own interpretation of the functions. What the hell do you add to the thread by telling people their interpretations are "emabrassing"?

Coming into random threads and randomly insulting people's opinions is trolling.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Actually, that was in response to

Everyone can be typing people as they please, because MBTI is not science and therefore there's no universally approved method.

I wasn't implying with that second comment my method of typing was better than anyone's. Also, your post specified I was calling people idiots (that's what I denied, not trolling), not trolling. Just to make that clear, I'm not sure you're able to follow your own posts.

You had not indicated in which way your typing method was better than everyone elses, yet you proceeded to insult the typing methods being used. Test results are as much a typing method as your own interpretation of the functions

This implies the two people who posted before based their typing on the test results, just so you know.

What did that add to the thread? It added character, I'd guess. LOL, just to say, I edited it out, but by that time, it was already quoted, so ... meh, I don't see the big deal.

Thinking you see the bigger picture doesn't mean you do. :whistling: - or maybe better worded, it doesn't mean you do to the extent that an N would. It's not like S's are incapable of seeing the bigger picture...but these are the kinds of questions the more generic mbti tests ask to determine N/S.

The fact that she tested as INTP and would self-describe herself as such, compared to the descriptions of what this girl's actually like in the OP, just makes me want to disregard the test results completely. There's nothing in the OP that remotely suggests INTP, nor anything that points towards N. That's cool - whatever- if she sees herself as such and answers the questions in that way, but it doesn't really mean she is one. Mbti testing tests self-perception, which works for people who have accurate perceptions, and doesn't work so great for people who don't. (or, they very well may utilize the functions or traits, but not in the way that people who have them as a dominant or aux process actually utilize them)

*closing can of worms*
Basically, which was my point, but test results > descriptions, apparently. Very nice job of explaining that, btw.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This tells us that this girl sat down and answered basic questions about herself. Assuming that these tests were even remotely related to MBTI, her replies imply that she thinks that she sees the bigger picture and has a preference for abstract thought . How is this not a character description? How is the fact that she "sometimes procrastinates" more of a character description than the fact that this girl will flat out tell you that she sees connections between ideas?

Thinking you see the bigger picture doesn't mean you do :whistling: - or maybe better worded, it doesn't mean you do to the extent that an N would. It's not like S's are incapable of seeing the bigger picture...but these are the kinds of questions the more generic mbti tests ask to determine N/S.

The fact that she tested as INTP even once, and would self-describe herself as such, compared to the descriptions of what this girl's actually like in the OP, just makes me want to disregard the test results completely. There's nothing in the OP that remotely suggests INTP, nor anything that points towards N. That's cool - whatever- if she sees herself as such and answers the questions in that way, but it doesn't really mean she is one. Mbti testing tests self-perception, which works for people who have accurate perceptions, and doesn't work so great for people who don't. (or, they very well may utilize the functions or traits, but not in the way that people who have them as a dominant or aux process actually utilize them)

*closing can of worms*

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, I fail to see how a Sensor would reply YES to "imaginative" but not YES to "detail oriented". T

SP's wouldn't at all say YES to detail-oriented, and most probably would say they were imaginative (because most are - and hey, the SJ's can be too!). Many of the S questions on dichotomy tests will slant towards SJ's/Si (i.e. detail oriented), although obviously there will be some that address the Se slant of S. But SP's could easily test as N's, imo.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thinking you see the bigger picture doesn't mean you do :whistling: - or maybe better worded, it doesn't mean you do to the extent that an N would. It's not like S's are incapable of seeing the bigger picture...but these are the kinds of questions the more generic mbti tests ask to determine N/S.

The fact that she tested as INTP even once, and would self-describe herself as such, compared to the descriptions of what this girl's actually like in the OP, just makes me want to disregard the test results completely. There's nothing in the OP that remotely suggests INTP, nor anything that points towards N. That's cool - whatever- if she sees herself as such and answers the questions in that way, but it doesn't really mean she is one. Mbti testing tests self-perception, which works for people who have accurate perceptions, and doesn't work so great for people who don't. (or, they very well may utilize the functions or traits, but not in the way that people who have them as a dominant or aux process actually utilize them)

*closing can of worms*

Okay, once again - it swings both ways, it's not like there is an intuitive bias. How many intuitives wouldnt say they like to have fun? Or that they are adventurous? This has nothing to do with N vs S, what I am saying is that you can't call someone stupid for choosing to accept a test result as a typing method. I'm also not assuming that THAT is even what the other posters did, I am simply pointing out that there are infinite possibilities as to why people interpret this person being discussed as an Ne dom and that you can't just assume you know why they did it, and that it was a shallow reason.

The characteristic descriptions that were provided are HARDLY more indicative of type when they point out so many general non-type related traits, and are also just as BIASED as the girl's own answers would be since they are coming from the OPs specific perspective. Like, if the OP was extremely reserved, they may consider someone who parties a couple of times a year as "really outgoing", that wouldn't mean jack shit.

My point, once again, is that this kid should really stop going to threads and calling random people stupid with nothing to back it up.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
How does your friend respond when someone else is upset (not upset at her, but upset about anything else)?

She's acted rather motherly towards me when I'm upset, and if she think she knows the solution she'll be straightforward with it and tell you what to do.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The characteristic descriptions that were provided are HARDLY more indicative of type when they point out so many general non-type related traits, and are also just as BIASED as the girl's own answers would be since they are coming from the OPs specific perspective. Like, if the OP was extremely reserved, they may consider someone who parties a couple of times a year as "really outgoing", that wouldn't mean jack shit.

LOL, we work with what we're given by the OP, you can't assume the OP's perceptions are wrong without any evidence. Plus, majority of what the OP said was factual.

My point, once again, is that this kid should really stop going to threads and calling random people stupid with nothing to back it up.
This is, again, false.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
LOL, we work with what we're given by the OP, you can't assume the OP's perceptions are wrong without any evidence. Plus, majority of what the OP said was factual.

.. This is painfully slow.

I did not assume anything about this person or the OP or even bother guessing a type. PAY ATTENTION. All I said was quit trolling.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You make no sense - you claim I should stop going into this threads and then calling people stupid because of their opinion, this isn't true, so you're not making sense, and I'm telling you why. It's simple.

I did not assume anything about this person or the OP or even bother guessing a type. PAY ATTENTION. All I said was quit trolling.

Word your posts correctly then.

The characteristic descriptions that were provided are HARDLY more indicative of type when they point out so many general non-type related traits, and are also just as BIASED as the girl's own answers would be since they are coming from the OPs specific perspective.

If you're not talking about the OP, what the hell are you talking about?

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm about to say 'Just screw it.' :huh:

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I believe she's an SLE (ESTp) from what you've provided. Didn't you say you were going to write more information?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure how I missed this but I'm agreeing with Tyrant. Some sort of ES_P.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
She actually filled out a survey on FaceBook yesterday so I'm gonna post some of her answers. That should help a bit, I think.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Here

1. What is more difficult: looking into someones eyes when telling how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they tell you how they feel?

It's easy for me to look someone in the eye when I'm speaking. I am a very opinionated person, and I feel like I'm right more often than I should. However when someone is complimenting me I cannot take it well at all. I blush, stammer, and find it really hard to believe.

2. Think of the last time you were angry. Why were you angry?

In the car with my mother and sisters. They are the most annoying creatures in the world. SO SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CRIED LAST NIGHT WHEN TALKING TO DAVID BECAUSE I MISS THEM? WTF.

3. You will die in three minutes. Last call?

A minute and a half for my grandmother and a minute and a half for David. They're the only people I really call.

4. If you could do anything OR wish anything, what would it be?

Not have to work a shitty job. I'd still be productive (probably way fucking more), but it would just make me happier doing things I felt like I was good at.

5. You can have one of the following two things: trust or love.

Trust, because I probably can't love those I can't trust. (Kat said this and I agree :/)

6. You are walking to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss told you if you are late one more time youre fired. Do you save the dog?

Save the dog. If my boss didn't understand that situation, it's not someone I want to work for.

7. Would you or have you ever blackmailed someone?

My sisters and I used to blackmail each other all the time into doing each other's chores xD;

8. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give one year of your life. Do you do it?

No. They'd panic and it would be horrible watching them cry when they realized they were going to die again.

9. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?

YES. BECAUSE I LOVE TO ARGUE AND THEN I COULD ARGUE WITH MYSELF. AND I'D LOVE ME BECAUSE I'D HAVE FABULOUS TASTE IN MUSIC.

AND I WOULD KNOW EVERYTHING I'M GONNA SAY.

AND I WOULD KNOW EVERYTHING I'M GONNA DON'T.

10. Does sex=love?

No, but sex is only fabulous with someone you love. The other times it's just there.

11. Are you old fashioned?

Fairly polite, yes ma'am, no sir. I love tattoos and piercings, and I'm very liberal, but I still believe in ethics and values :3

12. Would you marry someone if they were unable to have sex?

I don't believe in marriage, but that shouldn't matter. Not at all.

13. What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or that you do not love them back?

Harder to tell someone I don't love them back. I would feel terrible.

14. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up?

My friends. I'm quite attached.

15. Romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them?

Today.

16. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, if you HAD to, even if you have "no regrets" what would you change?

I don't want to change anything, I think.

17. Imagine. It is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?

Someone really tall ._.;

18. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?

Yes.

19. You are holding onto your grandmother's dying hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other which one would it be?

I would want to be selfish and drop the baby. I'm a fairly selfish person. But I know my grandmother would hate herself for it, and I know I'm going to hate myself regardless. And /logically/ it's fucking ridiculous to even think about it. I would have to save the baby. And I would bawl the whole time.

20. When and how was the last time you told someone how you REALLY feel?

I'm not sure, really.

If You had three months to live:

21. Do you tell anyone or everyone you are going to die?

I might tell everyone about a week before, if I know. Just so they could say goodbye. They'd be pissed if I didn't.

22. What do you do with your remaining days?

Not work, fuck that. Visit my family. Cry a lot. Hug my friends. Do a bunch of silly things I've always wanted.

23. Would you be afraid?

That I didn't produce something beautiful.