• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Typing My Best Friend

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
She's taken the unofficial versions of the MBTI test three times and has gotten ENFP, INTP, and ENTP. Despite that, I just can't seem to really figure her out. Help please?

- Responsible, but still procrastinates from time to time.

- She has a kind of 'Indie' look about her, but dotes on her appearance horribly.

- Very smart when it comes to computers and literature. She wants to be a writer.

- Doesnt want to offend those she loves (on purpose), but LOVES to debate. She'll even jump into a stranger's conversation just to 'tell it like it is'.

- Loves to throw parties and attend them. She hates being alone.

- Never backs down from a dare or challenge; likes to try and experience new things.

- She can be pretty fucking elitest sometimes, ESPECIALLY when it comes to music. Her music is the best and you're going to hear about it.

- She can be very considerate as far as cleaning and buying things for people goes, but can pull shit like playing her music loudly on the computer while me and our friends are watching tv, or sometimes she'll just talk loudly on the phone.

- If you want her to watch or look at something, she'll poke around and may never do it, but if SHE wants you to, you have to do it NOW, no matter what you're doing. (ex. guilting our friend to stop in the middle of a movie and read this HELLA LONG fanfic online, even though our friend really didn't want to).

- She can be so pushy at times. She'll drill and question me about why I just won't try weed or get drunk. Even if I say that I'm uncomfortable, she'll just prod at me with reasons as to why it's dumb and all that other shit.

- She has to freakin' question EVERYTHING. I might be especially INFP one day and say something odd and she'll just give me give me this 'Are you stupid?' face and tell me to explain.

- Seems to know how to get ahead. When she was in school she figured out how to keep a passing grade in English by how many assignments she could miss. Her teacher took her to the office almost everyday because he was sick of her not working to her potential, but since she knew she as right, she didn't budge and would just argue back her point.

- As far as feelings go, she's very compassionate when it comes to animals. Used to pick them up all the time. She's a vegitarian and sometimes works at the animal shelter.

- Gets WAY gushy over boys. I mean, it's sickening and annoying. She keeps doting on her stupid ass ex boyfriend (a bastard), even going as far as saying he could move in with her and her room mates (our friends) without asking. Hell, she just TOLD them that he would, probably knowing very well that we font have a high opinion of him. She can be so fucking blinded by love sometimes. It's like she needs to be needed.

I'll have to think of more later.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Sounds like a bossy ENFP to me... But it's mostly just a hunch. I'm currently living with an ENFP who's very much like that.

But I suppose you would have to mention more thinking or feeling qualities to make it clearer.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, all I really know her as is having a seemingly thinking sensability. It's tough to pin-down your friends when you've seen so many sides to them.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Possibly ENTP. Definitely Extroverted, and seemingly an Intuit.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'd guess SLE (ESTp, this is Socionics, btw) - Her assertiveness, her comfort with direct behavior with complete strangers ("telling it how it is), and her will power (towards the teacher, and other comments) seems largely Se related. Of course, SEE (ESFp) would be my second guess.

How are you other guys typing people? It's embarrassing.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
How are you other guys typing people? It's embarrassing.

Everyone can be typing people as they please, because MBTI is not science and therefore there's no universally approved method. Just as Sky is BLUE! said, it's the magic of it. ;)

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh, please, come off it. If you think someone is an ENTP because they LOVE to debate, and they're oh, so smart, you're an idiot. There's no universal method for typing, but there's surely bad ones. Fuck magic!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh, please, come off it. If you think someone is an ENTP because they LOVE to debate, and they're oh, so smart, you're an idiot.

Is someone getting their forum etiquette lessons from Jaguar?

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Jaguar keeps it REAL, man.

Where do people see this Ne dominance in those descriptions?

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Possibly from the consistency of NP in her test scores? :blink:
That actually doesn't make any sense - I asked from the descriptions, not test scores, perhaps you have a hard time with reading comprehension. Why would you type some based on test scores, anyway? She definitely sounds like an INTP .... unofficial MBTI tests are usually shit, btw, and they score based on dichotomies, so it tells you nothing about Ne, or any other function. So, not only does your post show your lack of reading comprehension, but your inability to type people with appropriate methods, and your idiocy. DO I KEEP IT REALZ NOW!?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
plus they tested based on dichotomies, so it tells you nothing about Ne dominance.

Did you miss the part of your MBTI tutorial that explained how your dichotomy results are indicative of your functional order? If she was (with as much certainty as MBTI would allow) an ENTP, that would be indicative of Ne dominance. That is a valid assumption, as far as MBTI is concerned. Can you prove that typing by functional order (by "seeing" a function in a person lawl) is more accurate than typing by dichotomies?

That actually doesn't make any sense - I asked from the descriptions, not test scores

It makes sense if you give it a little bit more thought :), try to INTUIT a connection. Here is part of the character description we obtained about this person:

She's taken the unofficial versions of the MBTI test three times and has gotten ENFP, INTP, and ENTP.

This tells us that this girl sat down and answered basic questions about herself. Assuming that these tests were even remotely related to MBTI, her replies imply that she thinks that she sees the bigger picture and has a preference for abstract thought . How is this not a character description? How is the fact that she "sometimes procrastinates" more of a character description than the fact that this girl will flat out tell you that she sees connections between ideas?

Also, while I'm asking you questions, why are you such a troll?

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Why am I such a troll? Saying I didn't keep it real really struck home ...

How exactly are MBTI test indicative of functional order when they score based on dichotomies? I don't get you.

Answering questions like "are you imaginative?", "do you daydream often?", give you a prefer for N, it doesn't really mean anything, nor does it imply she has a preference for abstract thought.

How is the fact that she "sometimes procrastinates" more of a character description than the fact that this girl will flat out tell you that she sees connections between ideas?

That would imply a type that didn't value Ne, or any sensor couldn't see connections between ideas.

Can you prove that typing by functional order (by "seeing" a function in a person lawl) is more accurate than typing by dichotomies?

Functions manifest themselves differently in very specific ways, whereas typing people by dichotomies is only based on superficial observations.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Possibly ENTP. Definitely Extroverted, and seemingly an Intuit.

Why seemingly an intuit? I don't see anything that screams N to me...I was gonna say more ESxx than anything.