• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am tired of my threads

T

ThatGirl

turning into a debate of my type.

Say it now, be prepared to defend yourself, or forever hold you peace trolls.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
turning into a debate of my type.

Say it now, be prepared to defend yourself, or forever hold you peace trolls.

*...turning

* now:

* your

*, trolls.

Type: Non-grammar interested type, aka NGIT. Actually, that sounds cool. It should be pronounced ni-jit. Like midget with an 'n'.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thread derailment is fun.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe TG is an ENTP trying to fool us into thinking she thinks she's ENTJ. Like it's all a big experimental game to her.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ENTJs I know IRL rarely have much of a "you" focus. They're totally capable of being around people and joining conversations, but what they talk about isn't "you". It's systems and processes, and there might be stuff in there about you or what you should do, but it's more like a corollary than anything else. As you'd expect from a Te dom.

So I don't much recognise this people focus you've got going there ThatGirl. You sure it's not Fe?

More like Se dom. The immediate and impersonal "sizing up" of people is characteristically Se+Ti. She used to have ENTP listed as her type and decided that didn't quite fit (which I agree with), but she changed the wrong letter.

ESTP and ENTJ are sometimes confused due to their aggressive and domineering styles, but ENTJs are quite opposed to "looking like idiots." They'll usually have their shit researched and figured out before making a spectacle.

Everything TG wrote in the original post screams ESTP.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RagingK said:
Maybe TG is an ENTP trying to fool us into thinking she thinks she's ENTJ. Like it's all a big experimental game to her.

I sorta thought this a while back, not specific to this thread though. Although I don't know that she's ENTP either; just that she seems to be trying to 'play' or take on the ENTJ role for kicks. But on the other hand, if she really thinks she is one...more power to her. It's just that nothing ThatGirl's said has remotely resembled the 4 ENTJ's I've known throughout the years (2 females, 2 males), as to their motivations and thoughts they've expressed to me. As to behaviors in social settings..yeah, doesn't resemble them either.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sorta thought this a while back, not specific to this thread though. Although I don't know that she's ENTP either; just that she seems to be trying to 'play' or take on the ENTJ role for kicks. But on the other hand, if she really thinks she is one...more power to her. It's just that nothing ThatGirl's said has remotely resembled the 4 ENTJ's I've known throughout the years (2 females, 2 males), as to their motivations and thoughts they've expressed to me. As to behaviors in social settings..yeah, doesn't resemble them either.
Yes, that could be true. But we have to look at this at different angles such as:

- She thinks she is an ENTJ
- She is trying to act out as an ENTJ as an experiment and failing
- She trying to act out as a non-ENTJ as ENTJ in her type as an experiment
- She is seeing whether we think she thinks she is an ENTJ as an experiment.
- She is an ENTJ trying to act out as a non-ENTJ as an experiment
- She is an ENTJ who thinks that the way she acts is ENTJish so she acts that way and not her norm.
- She chose any type randomly and stuck by it.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yes, that could be true. But we have to look at this at different angles such as:

- She is an ENTJ who thinks that the way she acts is ENTJish so she acts that way and not her norm.

ENFP flexing her Te. Fits every one of those categories.

Edit: and from my experience, the ENTJ isn't the overbearing commander that the stereotype suggests. It's more subtle - ENTJs are the first ones to naturally take leadership upon themselves as soon as there is any uncertainty in the structure of authority. They're content to live and let live when everything is functioning smoothly and everyone has a sense of what they're supposed to be doing. However, as soon as this balance is upset, or a means for improvement recognized, there is no hesitation to step in and correct the problems as understood.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:smile: Oh yes, so many possibilities.

Jaguar

I don't exactly agree with Thatgirl, but Jag - you're again trying to give as your "solution" that someone's not an ENTJ. Wonder why you're so stuck with that routine.

If I don't think she is, that's my opinion. It's not a "routine."

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP flexing her Te. Fits every one of those categories.

Edit: and from my experience, the ENTJ isn't the overbearing commander that the stereotype suggests. It's more subtle - ENTJs are the first ones to naturally take leadership upon themselves as soon as there is any uncertainty in the structure of authority. They're content to live and let live when everything is functioning smoothly and everyone has a sense of what they're supposed to be doing. However, as soon as this balance is upset, or a means for improvement recognized, there is no hesitation to step in and correct the problems as understood.
Well, I'm not sure if the F preference fits TG though. She's not necessarily the feeling type judging from what I've seen of her in the past.

:smile: Oh yes, so many possibilities.
Yes, but only one can be correct.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Well, I'm not sure if the F preference fits TG though. She's not necessarily the feeling type judging from what I've seen of her in the past.

Neither is Happy Puppy, by first glance - but after a while, you begin to realize that the two extraverted functions often constitute the public face of an NeJi user.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Neither is Happy Puppy, by first glance - but after a while, you begin to realize that the two extraverted functions often constitute the public face of an NeJi user.
You are saying an ENFP would act out a different type for a lengthy period of time. I doubt such would happen. TG would be branded far from the Fi function if she were to do this.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
You are saying an ENFP would act out a different type for a lengthy period of time. I doubt such would happen. TG would be branded far from the Fi function if she were to do this.

Haven't you noticed that the NFs are the ones who shift their claimed types the most? Particularly the xNFPs?

Fi is rather ineffable, and incomprehensible to the external world.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If I don't think she is, that's my opinion. It's not a "routine."

Okay. I can respect that. She doesn't particularly look like an average ENTJ to me neither, but I haven't thought of a more fitting type. Then again, people find their types here all the time, and I usually wait some time for the characteristics to express themselves. There's this finding-oneself-time with one's new type. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes a miss. Of course we're here to help with it!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't you noticed that the NFs are the ones who shift their claimed types the most? Particularly the xNFPs?

Fi is rather ineffable, and incomprehensible to the external world.
I doubt an xNFP would go through the trouble of putting themselves down as an ENTJ for experimental purposes. They are just the ones who are confused with their own types but I highly doubt they would be confused to the extent of ENTJ. Plus Fi would show them their values and unless they take with great value tricking other people into thinking they are a certain type they would not do it. It wouldn't matter if it was ineffable or incomprehensible externally.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I doubt an xNFP would go through the trouble of putting themselves down as an ENTJ for experimental purposes. They are just the ones who are confused with their own types but I highly doubt they would be confused to the extent of ENTJ. Plus Fi would show them their values and unless they take with great value tricking other people into thinking they are a certain type they would not do it. It wouldn't matter if it was ineffable or incomprehensible externally.

ENTJs have Dominant Te and Tertiary Fi. ENFPs have Auxiliary Fi and Tertiary Te. Why would it be hard to confuse the two types? Particularly when the differences between Ne and Ni are so hard to quantify, and the public expression of Ne is often frowned upon?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thatgirl hasn't given off this vibe to me, but I've found some of the most in-your-face Te -users have been ENFPs.