• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HELP AN eNTx IN NEED.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
First of all - I know it's impossible to be borderline J/P. I'm just confused as to which I am.

Second of all - I'm pretty sure I've made this thread before. I think I did it better this time though.

I've been harboring some suspicions that I may indeed be ENTJ, due to some misinterpretations I may or may not have had about Te, Ni, Ti, and Te. I shall whip up a list of why or why not I am ENTJ, and YOU shall interpret them in the context of Te,Ni,Ti,Te since CLEARLY I am not as good at this as I might have thought.

(p.s. I am almost DEFINITELY an NT and PROBABLY an E, so i only included information that--probably--discerns me between ENTJ and ENTP.)

WHY I AM NOT an ENTJ:
-I'm really messy/disorganized/P/you get it.
-I have been known to be rather indecisive and I sometimes leave things open-ended.
-I am SUCH a procrastinator, and i'm very lazy.
-I love people and having fun and being girly and romance movies (in decent amounts).
-I hate the idea of authority--at least, where it's not deserved.
-I got a crazy xNxP math teacher once. She went totally out-of-the-book when teaching concepts. It was great because she taught math the way I teach myself math. I got an A+. All the other students HATED her because they were so used to SJ math.
-I see connections between things really easily.

WHY I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE an ENTJ:
-I can be really bossy if I'm put in charge of something and I deem it worthy of my efforts.
-I envy other ENPs I meet because they're crazier than I am.
-I have been accused of being an overachiever and I hold myself to high standards.
-I'm really good at traditional math & science courses. In fact, there's not a single subject in high school I've ever truly been "bad" at.
-I hate it when people see connections that AREN'T THERE. Sometimes there is a wrong answer.
-I have minions.
-I dream big. I want to be rich and powerful in 10 years.
-Morality is a social construct. It is my enemy. So are stupid people and bad music.
-I can really relate to most supervillains.

OTHER THINGS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT IDENTIFY ME AS EITHER TYPE:
-I love finding one perfect equation or formula or strategy that applies to EVERYTHING and then using it again and again.
-Both abstract science principles and linear mathematical principles are easier for me to understand than for most people.
-I always wanted to be a detective. And an inventor.
-I like to draw and write and all that.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
You uh...really need to find better ways to define type :) None of those things suggest that you are one or the other. ENTPs can be driven and motivated, and ENTJs can like girly things and not respect undue authority (and on and on with most of those examples).

The big differences between J and P come out more in terms not of whether or not you CAN be decisive, but whether or not you need things to be decided 99.9999% of the time. P's can take things as they come and don't like excessive structure, J's need to know what's going down, when, where, and structure their time accordingly (even if they just do it mentally).

There is probably someone more qualified than me to elaborate on all the Te/Ni Ne/Ti differences...

Personally you seem ENTP to me, but that's just my impression.