• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone help on my MBTI????

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
okay, so I started off by doing the test (humanmetrics.com) and got ISFJ, then I though it was too people-pleaser like and did the same test again and got ISTJ, then I kept getting ISTJ, then I thought that I was not as much 'into order' as the ISTJ is, so I did the MBTI test on personalitypathways.com - where you only have to choose I/E, S/N, F/T & J/P,

and I did it honestly and got 'INFJ', - I then did the MBTI test on humanmetrics.com, again(with complete honesty) and got 'INFJ', I was pretty confident up until the point where I saw some of my traits in, INFJ, INFP & INTP.
- though after a while, I came to the conclusion that I was an INFj because INTP's are too strong in thinking and INFP's are overly emotional - INFJ's are just right in my opinion. -

so, out of curiosity I did the MBTI test (humanmetrics.com), one more time with complete honesty in most questions, while having the questions answered by looking at what I'd do in a relative real-life situation, - and I got 'ISTJ', again.... :huh:

62%
Thinking
38%
Judging
22%

WHAT THE HELL AM I ???!?!??!! :steam::

Last edited:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I could help you, but I'd need to know about you, not your test results. Tell us about yourself. What do you do and what motivates you?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
???

I could help you, but I'd need to know about you, not your test results. Tell us about yourself. What do you do and what motivates you?

That's actually a very hard question... well...I'm motivated by a lot of things, I guess the first would be trying to get somewhere in life, I'm very quiet and a reserved person, I guess I do things that I can't even explain, and I don't know myself as much as I should, I know it'll get too confusing to try & figure myself out - probably the main reason why I'm a very quiet & reserved person - I'm trying to find out my MBTI , so I can be confident with what I got, but I keep running into other types and I keep relating to them.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you use the past to predict the future, or do you disregard the past and go with what your head/heart tells you? I've found that this trait is a great divider between S/N types, for example, a sensor will notice that his mate davey suddenly became loud, crazy and gregarious, and then suddenly became a drug addict. So when the sensor sees his other mate stevie becoming loud, crazy and restless, he gets worried that he's going to become a druggie. Hope that helps somehow :)

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I did the MBTI test on socionics.com and got INFJ, lol.

Strongest to Weakest are;
I
N
f
j

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do you use the past to predict the future, or do you disregard the past and go with what your head/heart tells you? I've found that this trait is a great divider between S/N types, for example, a sensor will notice that his mate davey suddenly became loud, crazy and gregarious, and then suddenly became a drug addict. So when the sensor sees his other mate stevie becoming loud, crazy and restless, he gets worried that he's going to become a druggie. Hope that helps somehow :)

Past to predict future, always, but my past is affected by what my heart/head has told me - if that makes any sense.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is what I thought first but when I come to really think about it, in a real-life situation, I'd accept the fact that they are two completely different people, and just because my other idiot friend did drugs, doesn't mean anyone that acts like him would .

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
That's actually a very hard question... well...I'm motivated by a lot of things, I guess the first would be trying to get somewhere in life, I'm very quiet and a reserved person, I guess I do things that I can't even explain, and I don't know myself as much as I should, I know it'll get too confusing to try & figure myself out - probably the main reason why I'm a very quiet & reserved person - I'm trying to find out my MBTI , so I can be confident with what I got, but I keep running into other types and I keep relating to them.

You say you are a quiet person. What sort of things do you spend your time thinking about? Do you just daydream, or are you busy considering questions of some sort?

What would you say were the largest flaws in your personality? Do you over endulge? Ignore people? Panic when stressed? Jump to conclusions too quickly?

ElusiveRain

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you focus on what's here and now, or do you focus on what could be or was?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You say you are a quiet person. What sort of things do you spend your time thinking about? Do you just daydream, or are you busy considering questions of some sort?

What would you say were the largest flaws in your personality? Do you over endulge? Ignore people? Panic when stressed? Jump to conclusions too quickly?

I actually do both, sometimes I even day dream about questions/decisions I'm going to make in the future... I'd say the largest flaw in my personality would have to be not being able to understand myself much. I do get panicked when stressed, but I know how to handle it as well, and yep, I jump to conclusions a lot(through feelings etc,) but later I'd put them into thought, and try to gather as much facts as possible, for validation, so I can act on them.

I ignore people when they've done me wrong, and I usually have thought things through to ignore them, or I would be currently thinking things through - or the person would just be plain annoying - by being superficial, big-headed, jerk, seemingly evil etc.

I don't OVER-endulge... it depends I guess....facebook?..... yes.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do you focus on what's here and now, or do you focus on what could be or was?

I'd say both, but I lean more to the side of what could be or was - compared to other people...I sometimes while listening to people, what they say gets blurry , but thats weird cause I've got INFJ twice, and INFJ's are usually good listeners and INFPs are the daydreamers that tune out sometimes - so thats why, I said I have a weak 'J' preference.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I actually do both, sometimes I even day dream about questions/decisions I'm going to make in the future... I'd say the largest flaw in my personality would have to be not being able to understand myself much. I do get panicked when stressed, but I know how to handle it as well, and yep, I jump to conclusions a lot(through feelings etc,) but later I'd put them into thought, and try to gather as much facts as possible, for validation, so I can act on them.

I ignore people when they've done me wrong, and I usually have thought things through to ignore them, or I would be currently thinking things through - or the person would just be plain annoying - by being superficial, big-headed, jerk, seemingly evil etc.

I don't OVER-endulge... it depends I guess....facebook?..... yes.

How old are you? I ask, as the types develop with age.

An inability to understand yourself is indicative of a weak Fi function. That makes the idea of you being an INFP seem unlikely. It could be a third place, inferior or a shadow functions, but I'm leaning towards a shadow function, as you say that you can panic understress which would indicate a weak Te function as well (there are methods of avoiding panic other than Te, but if you had a strong Te you wouldn't need them). This raises the question: What methods do you use to cope with this stress panic? An answering that question will give insight into your concious functions.

If Fi/Te is shadow, then Fe/Ti is conscious. Which would you say you spend more time thinking about, logical problems or social problems? Do you spend more time thining about how facts fit together into a logically consistent whole or how people fit together and interdepend upon each other?

ElusiveRain

MBTI Type
INFP
You know, Facebook actually has a type indicator test. I took it once, so I know it's there, but I couldn't tell you how to find it...Sorry.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
You know, Facebook actually has a type indicator test. I took it once, so I know it's there, but I couldn't tell you how to find it...Sorry.

Just do a search for applications:

One is called My Personality (accurate)

Also there is Keirsey (but I disagree with its results).

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
How old are you? I ask, as the types develop with age.

An inability to understand yourself is indicative of a weak Fi function. That makes the idea of you being an INFP seem unlikely. It could be a third place, inferior or a shadow functions, but I'm leaning towards a shadow function, as you say that you can panic understress which would indicate a weak Te function as well (there are methods of avoiding panic other than Te, but if you had a strong Te you wouldn't need them). This raises the question: What methods do you use to cope with this stress panic? An answering that question will give insight into your concious functions.

If Fi/Te is shadow, then Fe/Ti is conscious. Which would you say you spend more time thinking about, logical problems or social problems? Do you spend more time thining about how facts fit together into a logically consistent whole or how people fit together and interdepend upon each other?

does age really matter?? , oh I never knew that, I'm pretty young.

Unclear on what you mean by this - "What methods do you use to cope with this stress panic? ", I'd probably won't let it out, cause I don't want people to think of me as 'weak', - but I'd try my best to keep it in - It'll be hard for me to express it without breaking myself down & crying or something.

"Which would you say you spend more time thinking about, logical problems or social problems?" - I seriously don't know, but honestly I think about both, I'd guess I think and complex over a social problem more if I had to choose between a logical problem and a social problem.

"Do you spend more time thinking about how facts fit together into a logically consistent whole or how people fit together and inter depend upon each other?" - I think about both, depends on what mood I'm in, if i'm sitting down with some friends chatting about facts, etc, I think about facts and their place a lot , If I've just had an argument, or stopped an argument I'd think about how people fit together.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Past to predict future, always, but my past is affected by what my heart/head has told me - if that makes any sense.

I think that's how intuitives think...

I'm guessing INTP right now, I could be way off mark though. Work out your enneagram, it's cooler :yes:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
does age really matter?? , oh I never knew that, I'm pretty young.

Unclear on what you mean by this - "What methods do you use to cope with this stress panic? ", I'd probably won't let it out, cause I don't want people to think of me as 'weak', - but I'd try my best to keep it in - It'll be hard for me to express it without breaking myself down & crying or something.

"Which would you say you spend more time thinking about, logical problems or social problems?" - I seriously don't know, but honestly I think about both, I'd guess I think and complex over a social problem more if I had to choose between a logical problem and a social problem.

"Do you spend more time thinking about how facts fit together into a logically consistent whole or how people fit together and inter depend upon each other?" - I think about both, depends on what mood I'm in, if i'm sitting down with some friends chatting about facts, etc, I think about facts and their place a lot , If I've just had an argument, or stopped an argument I'd think about how people fit together.

Yes, age matters. As a person gets older, their tertiary and inferior functions grow stronger. Because of this, it can be quite hard to type the very old correctly. I think the late teens are about the best time.

You seem to spend more time thinking on social matters than logical ones, so that makes me think Fe is placed above Ti. However, you do say as you spend at least some time considering the type of things that appeal to Ti, so I don't think Ti is inferior. It's probably tertiory, which makes Fe auxilary.

If Fe is auxilary, that makes your primary funtion introverted (consistent with your description of yourself as a quiet person) and a percieving function. That means either Ni or Si.

You use the past the past to predict the future. That could be indicative of an Si function, but I'd want a bit more evidence than that, so lets see what else is available. If you had primary Ni, you would have inferior Se, which is associated with periodic abouts of excessive sensory stimulation, such as over eating, vigorous exercise, watching movies for hours on end, binge drinking and so on. Not many INxJs would exhibit all of them, but usually at least some of them are present. You mentioned no excess, except for facebook, which is more of an Fe activity. This suggest Se is not inferior and thus Ni is not primary, which adds more evidence towards Si.

That you don't want to appear weak as your method of containing panic suggest you could be using be Fe (I don't want people to think less of me) or Si (you've learned that panic is unacceptable). An Ni reason would be more along the lines of "my vision of who and what I want to be does not include panic".

Overall, I'd suggest that you are an ISFJ, from what I can see. Perhaps, with further information, something might come up that changes that, but for the moment, that is my suggestion.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, age matters. As a person gets older, their tertiary and inferior functions grow stronger. Because of this, it can be quite hard to type the very old correctly. I think the late teens are about the best time.

You seem to spend more time thinking on social matters than logical ones, so that makes me think Fe is placed above Ti. However, you do say as you spend at least some time considering the type of things that appeal to Ti, so I don't think Ti is inferior. It's probably tertiory, which makes Fe auxilary.

If Fe is auxilary, that makes your primary funtion introverted (consistent with your description of yourself as a quiet person) and a percieving function. That means either Ni or Si.

You use the past the past to predict the future. That could be indicative of an Si function, but I'd want a bit more evidence than that, so lets see what else is available. If you had primary Ni, you would have inferior Se, which is associated with periodic abouts of excessive sensory stimulation, such as over eating, vigorous exercise, watching movies for hours on end, binge drinking and so on. Not many INxJs would exhibit all of them, but usually at least some of them are present. You mentioned no excess, except for facebook, which is more of an Fe activity. This suggest Se is not inferior and thus Ni is not primary, which adds more evidence towards Si.

That you don't want to appear weak as your method of containing panic suggest you could be using be Fe (I don't want people to think less of me) or Si (you've learned that panic is unacceptable). An Ni reason would be more along the lines of "my vision of who and what I want to be does not include panic".

Overall, I'd suggest that you are an ISFJ, from what I can see. Perhaps, with further information, something might come up that changes that, but for the moment, that is my suggestion.

thats funny cause, when I did the test on socionics I got IN as the strongest two and FJ as the weakest.