• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone help on my MBTI????

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
thats funny cause, when I did the test on socionics I got IN as the strongest two and FJ as the weakest.

Socionics functions are different to MBTI functions.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Though, I do do things to the excess when I'm engaged in them - I watch TV for hours if I start watching it for at least 8 minutes, but if I don't go watching it for a long time, - I'd probably not feel like watching TV at all.
- I do facebook for hours, if I'm engaged in it.

- I thought when you or someone else said that "Do you do things to an excess" I thought you were telling me if I did something particular to the excess.

- for example I'm currently hooked on this mbti forum...

@ Andy - thanks for helping out, btw.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My guess is that you're actually ISFJ. The only intuition (of any sort) that i see here is the desire to understand yourself more deeply. But even then, you mentioned wanting to feel comfortable with your type and know for sure! That is indicative of Si (your primary cognitive function as an ISFJ or ISTJ).

Here's some stuff to look for with Si:

- Do you have a good memory for details?
- When confronted with an important choice, would you rather go with what has worked in the past or try something new?

I can give you more later, but I've got to go! Hope this helps :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My guess is that you're actually ISFJ. The only intuition (of any sort) that i see here is the desire to understand yourself more deeply. But even then, you mentioned wanting to feel comfortable with your type and know for sure! That is indicative of Si (your primary cognitive function as an ISFJ or ISTJ).

- When confronted with an important choice, would you rather go with what has worked in the past or try something new?

Yeah I agree fully. A lot of ISFJs and Ss in general who score N probably score this way due to crappy ways of scoring S/N. I scored as INFP and pretty much any N when I would take the test when I first found out about this system. I don't get N from him at all.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

- Good memory for details - I don't remember details, sometimes when I hear a joke and try to tell it to people later, that also have heard it, I would not be as able to explain as clearly as they do.

When confronted with an important choice, would you rather go with what has worked in the past or try something -

depends on the situation, if I were to have had experience with this in the past(which I remember), I'd slightly refer to that, if I've had no experience with the decision, I'd probably have to think it through - but I'd usually make decisions in a rush, if I am aware of the time I've left to decide - if that makes any sense.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Just to make things clear;

Myers Briggs Personality Test MBTI Personality Types

I got I N F J - because(from the test options);

I/E -

* Regularly require an amount of "private time" to recharge batteries
* Prefer one-to-one communication and relationships
* Motivated internally, mind is sometimes so active it is "closed" to outside world

Uncertainties;
*I sometimes act, and then reflect later(cause of doing what I FEEL is right).

Lean more to 'I'.

S/N -

* Mentally live in the Future, attending to future possibilities
* Using imagination and creating/inventing new possibilities is automatic-instinctual.
* Best improvise from past experience.
* Some things I take in some things I don't(doesn't matter if it's facts or patterns/connections - if I feel I should).
* I try to find the meanings in fuzzy information, only if I feel/think it has a smart meaning.

Lean more to 'N'.

T/F -
* I balance out feelings/impact and facts/logic, If I were to make a timely decision.
* Naturally notices tasks and peoples reactions.
* I first seek peoples opinions (from all sides) and then apply my critical analysis.
* If the conflict were to have no clear reason, I'd be annoyed with it, otherwise I'd accept it - and possibly try to solve it.

- lean more to 'F'.

J/P:

* Plan many of the details in advance before moving into action, if I'd feel it is right to do so.
* Focus on task-related action; complete meaningful segments before moving on.
* Work best and avoid stress when able to keep ahead of deadlines.
* Instinctively avoid commitments which interfere with flexibility, freedom and variety

Lean more to 'J'.

- Just showing everyone how I got INFJ mbti on personality pathways.

I could possibly relate myself to Hermione's personality (cause somewhere it said she was an INFJ and another place says she's an ISTJ).

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I'm an introvert because I'm held back from doing what I want to do.
as in, I'd rather go to a party then read a book, once in a while, cause I want to hang out with friends - but I can't dance for shit.

Though extroverts talk a lot but I'm hard to approach, so that's why I'm pretty sure of an introvert.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Though, I do do things to the excess when I'm engaged in them - I watch TV for hours if I start watching it for at least 8 minutes, but if I don't go watching it for a long time, - I'd probably not feel like watching TV at all.
- I do facebook for hours, if I'm engaged in it.

- I thought when you or someone else said that "Do you do things to an excess" I thought you were telling me if I did something particular to the excess.

- for example I'm currently hooked on this mbti forum...

@ Andy - thanks for helping out, btw.

I think it would help id I give you a little help understanding Si and Ni. Perhaps then you will feel comfortable making te decision for yourself.

Si is a preference for information that is absolute or unequivocal. This means the primary Si has a dislike of things that are uncertain, hazy, or ill defined. Thus, when making decisions, the ISJ will show a preference for taking a rout that is well understood, rather then jumping into the unknown.

It is this prefernce for certainty that often gives the primary Si their backwards looking character. All things in the future are uncertain, and thus can never be known to degree satisfying to the ISJ. Only by looking into the past can the Si user see the how things have turned out before. Consequently, things of the past hold an appeal to the Si user. This sometimes manifests itself as a preference for the traditional way of doing things or a strong sense of nostalgia for events of the own life.

It is also this preference for absolutes that creates the Si users reputation for having a good memory. It isn't that being a primary si user intrinsically improves memory, but rather of the greater importance that they attach to solid, factual information. Because it is more important to them, they have a improved chance of remembering it.

Ni is almost the exact opposite of Si. It is an interest in potentiality and a lack of believe in absolutes. To the primary Ni meaning is negotiable, just one way of looking at an idea. The interest in potentiallity causes them to be interested in the future, because the past is rigid and cannot be changed. Only by looking forward can they find what interests them. A primary Ni may study history (I do) but is usually as means of understanding what is to come.

The INJs reputation as fortune tellers comes from this tendancy to consider things that don't yet exist, for all things in the future don't yet exist and so they Ni has a good chance of concieving of them ahead of time.

It is also this interest in potentiallity that gives INJs their characteristic "questing" character. The ability to concieve of the potential is accompanied by the desire to see that potential forefilled. Thus the Ni usually has some grand, long term scheme that they are working on.

I hope these descriptions help you .

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think it would help id I give you a little help understanding Si and Ni. Perhaps then you will feel comfortable making te decision for yourself.

Si is a preference for information that is absolute or unequivocal. This means the primary Si has a dislike of things that are uncertain, hazy, or ill defined. Thus, when making decisions, the ISJ will show a preference for taking a rout that is well understood, rather then jumping into the unknown.

It is this preference for certainty that often gives the primary Si their backwards looking character. All things in the future are uncertain, and thus can never be known to degree satisfying to the ISJ. Only by looking into the past can the Si user see the how things have turned out before. Consequently, things of the past hold an appeal to the Si user. This sometimes manifests itself as a preference for the traditional way of doing things or a strong sense of nostalgia for events of the own life.

It is also this preference for absolutes that creates the Si users reputation for having a good memory. It isn't that being a primary si user intrinsically improves memory, but rather of the greater importance that they attach to solid, factual information. Because it is more important to them, they have a improved chance of remembering it.

Ni is almost the exact opposite of Si. It is an interest in potentiality and a lack of believe in absolutes. To the primary Ni meaning is negotiable, just one way of looking at an idea. The interest in potentiality causes them to be interested in the future, because the past is rigid and cannot be changed. Only by looking forward can they find what interests them. A primary Ni may study history (I do) but is usually as means of understanding what is to come.

The INJs reputation as fortune tellers comes from this tendancy to consider things that don't yet exist, for all things in the future don't yet exist and so they Ni has a good chance of concieving of them ahead of time.

It is also this interest in potentiallity that gives INJs their characteristic "questing" character. The ability to concieve of the potential is accompanied by the desire to see that potential forefilled. Thus the Ni usually has some grand, long term scheme that they are working on.

I hope these descriptions help you .

I like certainty - the main reason why I'm doing this, but I don't live on certainty - there are many things in my life that I'd rather just leave unsolved, and many I can't keep unsolved, just because I like certainty doesn't mean I'm such a certain person - my personality even to me is very uncertain.

IF I have failed in understanding a situation, I'd jump straight into it though - but I won't be comfortable in doing so, but I'd always use, 'this won't really matter in the future, just get it over with', in a way of handling these type s of situations, if I could, I'd go back to it and correct my mistakes, but since the past cannot be changed I always take mistakes in my past as opportunities of understanding in the future, so I don't get it wrong in the future.
I've accepted that the future is unknown and is unpredictable,
but I'm interested in the future because of that, and because the past is unchangable, I don't refer to it much only unless it was so I could contemplate about my experiences or to acquire understanding which could help in my future. - the whole paragraph on 'N' applied to me, even the history part ,as I think, even if I did do history... it would be only to understand the patterns of people, and where everyone stands. - ever since I was really little I'd plan what I want to be in the future - I've stuck to it, with not a overly detailed plan but a 'big picture' like plan, so I can keep my options open - I have my goals but I don't care AS MUCH about my road to them - but I'm working on it.

I honestly think the only reason why I'm tested as a, in my eyes, 'people-pleaser' ISFJ, was because I was younger when I did that test, and didn't have much understanding and much experience to back up my answers in the test.:yes:

- this is a truthful as it gets, I guess.:coffee:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I like certainty - the main reason why I'm doing this, but I don't live on certainty - there are many things in my life that I'd rather just leave unsolved, and many I can't keep unsolved, just because I like certainty doesn't mean I'm such a certain person - my personality even to me is very uncertain.

IF I have failed in understanding a situation, I'd jump straight into it though - but I won't be comfortable in doing so, but I'd always use, 'this won't really matter in the future, just get it over with', in a way of handling these type s of situations, if I could, I'd go back to it and correct my mistakes, but since the past cannot be changed I always take mistakes in my past as opportunities of understanding in the future, so I don't get it wrong in the future.
I've accepted that the future is unknown and is unpredictable,
but I'm interested in the future because of that, and because the past is unchangable, I don't refer to it much only unless it was so I could contemplate about my experiences or to acquire understanding which could help in my future. - the whole paragraph on 'N' applied to me, even the history part ,as I think, even if I did do history... it would be only to understand the patterns of people, and where everyone stands. - ever since I was really little I'd plan what I want to be in the future - I've stuck to it, with not a overly detailed plan but a 'big picture' like plan, so I can keep my options open - I have my goals but I don't care AS MUCH about my road to them - but I'm working on it.

I honestly think the only reason why I'm tested as a, in my eyes, 'people-pleaser' ISFJ, was because I was younger when I did that test, and didn't have much understanding and much experience to back up my answers in the test.:yes:

- this is a truthful as it gets, I guess.:coffee:

Well, sit down and think on it for awhile. Look over a few other peopes descriptions of the two functions and the personality types in question, and then make your decision. There is no need to rush into things.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I believe that I'm an INFJ, - ISTJ's are too orderly, ISFJ's are too pushover-like, ISTP's are too energetic... INFP's are too imaginative, INFJ's are just right in my case. -

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/24501-infj-posers-really-2.html -
helped me confirm it, especially how one person said that INFJ's usually aren't bias when they aren't directly involved, and when they are, after they have cooled off, they start regretting... a lot like me.

That you don't want to appear weak as your method of containing panic suggest you could be using be Fe (I don't want people to think less of me) or Si (you've learned that panic is unacceptable). An Ni reason would be more along the lines of "my vision of who and what I want to be does not include panic".

- Panic is unacceptable because that is not who I am, or who I want to be(my vision), this is the reason why I try not to panic, - but, I can panic if I am directly involved that is - when I'm directly involved I guess I rush things, and don't do things like the way I'd want to or picture myself to, just like now - i think.

Thanks everyone for your help anyway(especially Andy)! =)

Last edited: