• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type,

What type am I?

• Total voters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
what time is it, what's going on, who am I and where am I? :confused:

For any of you who are familiar with me, what type do you think I really am?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever had an issue with your INFJ assignment.

Your J is very strong, though... at least online. (Are you as direct in person?)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I don't think I've ever had an issue with your INFJ assignment.

Your J is very strong, though... at least online. (Are you as direct in person?)
Yes, I think so anyway. I am polite and would never intentionally want to hurt anyone's feelings, but yes I can be direct. Here is an example; I was driving the kids to school this morning and only one lane was opened. The guy with the stop sign flipped it around (to "slow) and told me to go ahead. The road works woman at the other end started yelling and screaming out at him as to why he let the traffic through. She was really having a fit! I pulled my window down and said "What is the problem? Why are you screaming at him? There is no need to yell at anyone that way! The kids were asking me what her problem was and I just told them she was having a rotten morning and taking it out on the guy. She spit out some excuses and I said look I am trying to get my kids to school, you need to chill out and off I went.

The reason I asked about my type is that L and I were discussing it last night and he said that at times I am not very F and more T depending on how much sleep I've had or what time of the month it is. Sounds reasonable to me :) I still don't always understand myself, but I imagine that is the case with most people.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...The reason I asked about my type is that L and I were discussing it last night and he said that at times I am not very F and more T depending on how much sleep I've had or what time of the month it is. Sounds reasonable to me :) I still don't always understand myself, but I imagine that is the case with most people.

How long have you been married?

You are going to see some shift in your personality, as you start meshing and picking up each other's traits. (Marriage really either destroys people or expands them.)

L is INTJ, isn't he? So when you say "T," are you talking about Te (like your husband has), or is it a more principled T (Ti), i.e., developing logical support for your current values or to justify why you do what you do? Developing your tertiary would be very normal, at the stage in life you have reached.

[It sounds like your husband is suggesting that maybe all the "niceness/politeness" is more of a costume you have worn, but in tired/stressful situations you show more T?]

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
The reason I asked about my type is that L and I were discussing it last night and he said that at times I am not very F and more T depending on how much sleep I've had or what time of the month it is. Sounds reasonable to me :) I still don't always understand myself, but I imagine that is the case with most people.

I've noticed that a good amount of INFJs here hang out on the T/F line. Part of the reason may have to do with our need to set goals and accomplish them - thus leading us to prefer task a bit more than people when we're on one of our little projects.

I've asked this question to myself a few times, though. Do you feel comfortable with Fe and use it often? An INTJ will have Fi and Fe will be hanging out in their shadow functions. Same goes for Te & Ti.

As for the extraversion, INFJs can be downright social. I know I have my moments. I like to connect with people, but the difference between myself and say my ENFJ cousin or ENFP best friend is that I do not get energized by the social interaction. I always need recharge time afterwards. It's also very difficult for me to go out often because I get so tired. Do you feel you need recharge time & excessive socialization exhausts you or are you energized by other people? I can also be very direct & I WILL vocalize my needs especially at work when I am managing others. Honestly, I can be borderline demanding. But the point is that I can only do that when I have a goal to accomplish and I'm always absolutely wiped out after managing at work.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
How long have you been married?
9 years. :wubbie:
You are going to see some shift in your personality, as you start meshing and picking up each other's traits. (Marriage really either destroys people or expands them.)
I agree. I think L and I make a pretty good team. :yes:
L is INTJ, isn't he? So when you say "T," are you talking about Te (like your husband has), or is it a more principled T (Ti), i.e., developing logical support for your current values or to justify why you do what you do? Developing your tertiary would be very normal, at the stage in life you have reached.
Yes he is. :) I think his Te has rubbed off on me, but at times I am still a feelings person which is a bit confusing.
[It sounds like your husband is suggesting that maybe all the "niceness/politeness" is more of a costume you have worn, but in tired/stressful situations you show more T?]
He thinks that it's a caveat to typology because you can't type an X. They're borderline or well rounded depending on how you view it.
I've asked this question to myself a few times, though. Do you feel comfortable with Fe and use it often?
I suppose I am not comfortable, but will when necessary.

As for the extraversion, INFJs can be downright social. I know I have my moments. I like to connect with people, but the difference between myself and say my ENFJ cousin or ENFP best friend is that I do not get energized by the social interaction. I always need recharge time afterwards. It's also very difficult for me to go out often because I get so tired. Do you feel you need recharge time & excessive socialization exhausts you or are you energized by other people? I can also be very direct & I WILL vocalize my needs especially at work when I am managing others. Honestly, I can be borderline demanding. But the point is that I can only do that when I have a goal to accomplish and I'm always absolutely wiped out after managing at work.
I can also appear very extroverted, but I am extremely drained afterwards and need time alone to recharge or I am not a pleasant to be around! :yes: