• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or INFJ. I'm conflicted!

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
It's the P/J I just can't seem to find.

-I love to plan things ahead of time, but 84% of the time, I never follow them through.

-I am very flexible for the most part unless someone breaks a "personal" rule.

-I am a HUGE procrastinator when it comes to my homework, but I am very punctual when it comes to working on more "artistic" projects.

-I love keeping my options open, but at the same time I like to rush things through.

-I like closure with people, but I love open-ended literature, films, art-pieces and other interests...

-I'm applying for colleges now and I actually got things done early, but I still can't make a decision on what colleges I should go to and want more time.

What characterizes a J or a P?

Any good, personal examples out there besides posting boring links?

VagrantFarce

It's the P/J I just can't seem to find.

-I love to plan things ahead of time, but 84% of the time, I never follow them through.

INFP.

Don't question it, don't do anything else, just walk away knowing you finally figured it out. ;)

Seriously though, there's actually a whole site devoted to this problem that you're having, and I assure it is NOT boring:

INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Enjoy, and welcome! :hi:

[edit] OOH! OOH! Espeically this page: INFJ or INFP? a closer look
[edit2] Baaw! INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're an INFP. Like, text book.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
INFP.

Don't question it, don't do anything else, just walk away knowing you finally figured it out. ;)

Seriously though, there's actually a whole site devoted to this problem that you're having, and I assure it is NOT boring:

INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Enjoy, and welcome! :hi:

[edit] OOH! OOH! Espeically this page: INFJ or INFP? a closer look
[edit2] Baaw! INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Thank you! That's pretty perceptive that you saw I had only two posts, lol. Yes I am a noob, lol.

Oh also, I checked that link before, but after 7 pages of skimming, it felt like she was a beating around the bush and not giving me a good answer.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
You're an INFP. Like, text book.

But I always look at receipts!!!!!!!!!:wubbie: LOL.

I also make sure to read the fine print in things because I seem to love to poke holes in people's arguments or just want to know the extra knowledge.

Is it possible to reach a compromise with P and J? :doh:

VagrantFarce

Check those two specific pages I linked to, and see if you identify with them. :)

I also make sure to read the fine print in things because I seem to love to poke holes in people's arguments or just want to know the extra knowledge.

That's just your Si telling you to be careful before taking the plunge. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But I always look at receipts!!!!!!!!!:wubbie: LOL.

Is it possible to reach a compromise with P and J? :doh:

You really need to read those links he provided, seriously.

The bolded? That's an INFP trait, as far as I know.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks guys! Especially for the relative quickness ;)!

I shall give them a second shot!

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP!

I could have posted the exact same. In fact, I did post a thread here at one point questioning the same thing. Sometimes I still think "maybe I'm actually an INFJ/INTP etc." haha. But I know really I'm an INFP...I think. :D

My mum is an INFJ (she did the test a few times, and said it's deffinitel her and I agree), and there are definite differences. Some things I'm stupidly rigid about, and want the ends tied up. But when looking deeper at it, they are things that I feel very strongly about - the personal values. With other things I couldn't care less, and totalllllyy procrastinate on. When I'm rigid about something, it's different to the J's.

You have INFP stamped all over your posts. :D