• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Type

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
hello, i'm still just discovering socionics and am struggling to determine which type i relate to the most.

i've read that INTP (mbti) are usually a socionics INTp or INTj.

is this a rule?

could i be an ENTp? it doesn't seem logical unless the I/E definitions have changed.
im somewhat torn between the INTj and the ENTp, but so far i've felt more inclinded to the ENTp. if it is neither of these then it is the INTp.

i took a test and got a type that seemed ESJ to me: LSE. so i think i failed.

this is the website i've been reading: Wikisocion home - Wikisocion

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing to consider about E/I in socionics-

Introverts are concerned with fields.
Extroverts are concerned with objects.

That's apparently what they are usually thinking about.

And you're not an INTp. You're an Alpha NT, LII/INTj or ILE/ENTp.

LII - WSWiki

There's not an ILE profile on that website, but these are some of the best type descriptions out there I'd say.

Also more stuff-

The trademark quality of this type is the quest for new information and experience that stimulates the mind and opens up new possibilities for thought and for new endeavors. ILEs are typically drawn to things that are poorly understood or simply unknown, and to fundamental issues (needs work). They like to systematize their insights and experience and discuss them with others. Their friends know them as people who can’t help but share their insights and interesting discoveries and who always have some interesting topic on their mind.

In their service of all that is intriguing and intellectually stimulating in the outside world, ILEs typically neglect their physical needs and activities that bring pleasure and relaxation and emotional release. However, they are highly receptive to others’ attempts to help them in these areas. They gravitate most to people who are interested in hearing about their hobby topics and discussing their most frivolous insights, but who are also skilled at creating a relaxing and lighthearted atmosphere.

The trademark quality of this type is a focus on logical, structured thought and generating true assertions and views. LIIs are typically strict thinkers who are concerned that everything fits together in a logical way. They are skilled at understanding, generating, and criticizing logical arguments and instilling their views in the people around them. Their friends know them as people with well-organized thoughts and opinions who know what they think and can elucidate their ideas to others.

In their pursuit of logical understanding, LIIs typically neglect their external social interactions and activities that would help them lighten up and experience a connection with other people. They are receptive to others’ attempts to create these fun and lighthearted situations for them. They gravitate most to people who are interested in their opinions and understanding of things, but are also skilled at organizing social interactions and creating a sense of emotional unity.

Source- The Socionist

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always test ENFp in Socionics.

I sometimes test as INFP in MBTI.

I'm not sure what the difference is in the two systems.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4

You seemed happy, but you know? Betas are better than Alphas.

The way I type myself and others in socionics is to decide which functional pairs the person utilizes most proficiently and most frequently (the ego), then determine whether they're extroverted or introverted.

Here's a table for E/I:

Socionics :: Extraversion / Introversion

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
The way I type myself and others in socionics is to decide which functional pairs the person utilizes most proficiently and most frequently (the ego), then determine whether they're extroverted or introverted.

Here's a table for E/I:

wow, good one, thanks. now im quite certain im an E in socionics. it's not perfect but the E pursuasion seems strong.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seemed happy, but you know? Betas are better than Alphas.

Here's a table for E/I:

Lol I really doubt you're an ISTj. But it's a VERY good link, totally forgot about that.

Also to clarify about the fields/objects thing...

I guess introverts think of subjects more? And extroverts think of objects more.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh? :huh:

What did you think I am?

I always figured you were SLI. But if LSI fits you, then that's fine.

SLI - WSWiki If you're curious. Just my perception of you. Unfortunately LSI isn't finished on that site.

If I'm totally off then my bad. :)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Do you identify with this then?

ILE domain - Wikisocion

ILE

• You study theoretical mathematics or other equally abstract and impractical crap. CHECK
  • You have invented a bike with air-conditioning: interesting in design and construct, but more or less useless. CHECK
  • People are offended when you tell them that their new coat looks like it came out of a dog's rear end, and you have no idea why that matters to them. CHECK
  • You think about doing things more than you actually do them CHECK
  • Your IQ is one decimal place to the right of your EQ. CHECK
  • People shake their heads compassionately when listening to you. ?
  • You have added at least one point to this list.
  • You haven't added a point to this list-- you just love too many things about life (and yourself) to pick one. Or because you went off on a websurfing tangent and never got around to it.
  • You can give the logical basis for why socionics makes sense, but are obligated to create your own, better, system. CHECK
  • The phrase "Random Adventure" exhilarates you. CHECK
  • You can find at least 10 relationships between any combination of the words "orange," "muffin," "bow-tie" and "pineapple" CHECK
  • You are dangerous behind the wheel because you know how much more fun it is to figure out what mathematical relationships exist between the numbers on people license plates than to actually look at the road. CHECK
  • You appear alien to others. CHECK
  • You sometimes feel like you are an alien. CHECK
  • You wonder if there are aliens. CHECK
  • Maybe you really are an alien. CHECK
  • Maybe we're all aliens and the cockroach is the naturally dominant inhabitant of Earth CHECK
...or you found that joke funny CHECK

Yes, i mentioned in the OP that this is the site i've been reading. i relate to the ILE domain... except for that kitty picture, i dont approve at that at all.

my problem is that i also realte to the LII domain (and find the ILI quite interesting also)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I always figured you were SLI. But if LSI fits you, then that's fine.

SLI - WSWiki If you're curious. Just my perception of you. Unfortunately LSI isn't finished on that site.

If I'm totally off then my bad. :)

Hmm, interesting. But no, I'm not a robot. Did you read my blog? I really don't think an SLI can do that.

(And I love arguing wayyy too much)

There are many of them in the SP forum though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, interesting. But no, I'm not a robot. Did you read my blog? I really don't think an SLI can do that.

There are many of them in the SP forum though.

Yeah I was just curious. :tongue: I was mainly looking at the PoLR... Ne doesn't seem to be a weakness for you. But whatever floats your boat.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
my problem is that i also realte to the LII domain (and find the ILI quite interesting also)

ILI utilizes Te, that's very different from Ti. Usually, people who utilizes Te does not like formal logical arguments or long explanations. They work directly with the merits of the conclusion. They are the ones that have strong convictions about doing something the best (as in efficient) way but cannot give details as to why when you ask them.

Yeah I was just curious. :tongue: I was mainly looking at the PoLR... Ne doesn't seem to be a weakness for you. But whatever floats your boat.

Ne is a weakness, actually :x. I fear INTjs. That thing you saw, it was Ni (there is a traceable history to the connection). And I only can read them when they're directed at me, and I'm bad at creating them myself...

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
LII

(underlined what i can relate to. what's ify is in italics)
--------------------

The Confessions of a Socially Retarded LII

Most likely to go online for Dating Tips, because we don't have a freaking clue how to interact with the "real world."
The only time we are the life of the party is at nerdy conventions and rigorous hours of heated seminars that for anyone else who be sheer torture.
May experience intense loneliness as a child and up till our extroverted feeling is developed more to hold stable friendships.
We are hopeless romantic dreamers when it comes to the concepts of love for anyone else but ourselves. We are doomed for all enternity until reality shows us otherwise.
LII's can handle themselves with social norms, as long a there is reasonable explanation or excuse for the occasion other than it is just a tradition, esp. if it contradicts their convictions.
We tend to be loyal to our friends for life, the few we have. Kind of like, man's best friend, a dog, and jimmity cricket(your conscience) fused together.
A bit confrontational because afterall, "the truth will make you free."
We will tell you the truth, because we care about you. If we didn't correct you, we consider you a lost cause, not worth our time and effort
Sometimes we fail to pick on others' body language, like flirting. Don't get offended if we don't respond.
[edit]What are some positive aspects about being an LII?

• Always seeking truth and perfection.
  • Knowing exactly what we think about any given subject, and being able to justify it.
  • Being straightforward, saying truths that very few would say.
  • Having our own moral/philosophical systems, not submitting unthinkingly to laws or norms, but rather analyzing them skilfully.
  • Being constructive and fair in conflicts, without getting emotional or physical.
  • Having an high sense of justice, i.e. what others deserve or not.
  • Being able to easily recognize what is superfluous.
  • Being able to see logical inconsistencies that many others overlook
[edit]What are some negative aspects about being an LII?

• Being high-strung, nervous and thinking restlessly on random useless things.
  • Getting frustrated when dealing with difficult or inconvenient situations.
  • Lacking motivation for getting into action.
  • Being talkative, but saying things that are very hard for others to understand. (not completely MBTI/socionics related)
  • Appearing too detached, dissociated from the Real World.
  • Being perceived as rigid or narrow-minded to some easy-going people (we have very high standards).
  • Complaining about things but being unwilling/unable to change them.
  • Having problems dealing with people on an emotional level
LII humor includes making jokes as the result of taking things over-literally <- im alwasy doing this.

Last edited:

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
see? it's a tough call isn't it. maybe im just deluded about parts of my personality.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
see? it's a tough call isn't it. maybe im just deluded about parts of my personality.

Another way of telling the difference is to see which function is your creative. The creative function is sort of like a helper for the dominant function. Your motives are usually based first on the dominant function, it's naturally turned on at all times. So it's a matter of whether or not you find Ne the most exciting, fun, or what have you, or Ti. That's as far as I can help, I don't really know much about intuition.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Another way of telling the difference is to see which function is your creative. The creative function is sort of like a helper for the dominant function. Your motives are usually based first on the dominant function, it's naturally turned on at all times. So it's a matter of whether or not you find Ne the most exciting, fun, or what have you, or Ti. That's as far as I can help, I don't really know much about intuition.

what's the difference between Ne and Ti in socionics and Ne and Ti in MBTI. if i thought Ti was my creative and Ne was the dominant, would that make me more of an ENTP in mbti?

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
what's the difference between Ne and Ti in socionics and Ne and Ti in MBTI. if i thought Ti was my creative and Ne was the dominant, would that make me more of an ENTP in mbti?

Actually I never could make sense out of the function system in MBTI. That's why when I have to make judgments based on functions I always re-type the person in socionic terms.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think you should do some more research on your own. On other qualities of type and function placement specifically.

And based on our conversations I could see you as a dual. :)