• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My enneagram?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Oops, I'm sorry.

Wait, is the fact that I apologized about that further evidence that I'm a nine?

Oh, absolutely. If you were a 4, you would feel a great sense of rejection by my admonition and see your own rule-breaking as further proof of your inability to conform to someone else's standards. This feeling would be followed by a sense of uniqueness and superiority: rules simply weren't made for me. ;)

B

brainheart

I was kind of joking but I keep reading 'go with the flow' when it comes to nine and that is a phrase which describes me ridiculously well. One exception: if I think a rule is stupid or I'm feeling anarchic I'm all about tearing it up and rebelling. That's what's confusing to me and why I've thought 4w5. But at the same time, I feel a little bad about being rebellious and anarchic, like "well, they're just doing their job..."

B

brainheart

And I haven't been able to complete my novel I'm writing because I don't want to ruffle any feathers or hurt anyone's feelings. 'Not wanting to let my parents down' has paralyzed me for years.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I was kind of joking but I keep reading 'go with the flow' when it comes to nine and that is a phrase which describes me ridiculously well. One exception: if I think a rule is stupid or I'm feeling anarchic I'm all about tearing it up and rebelling. That's what's confusing to me and why I've thought 4w5. But at the same time, I feel a little bad about being rebellious and anarchic, like "well, they're just doing their job..."

That, my friend, is the thought process of a 6 - the most universally detested type on the enneagram. My type. You think it's tough having to let go of those 4w5 musicians you relate to? Try being told you share a personality type with Richard Nixon. Just what everyone wants to hear.

Seriously though, the tug between rebelling and complying is a definite 6 trait. 9s are more indifferent to authority. They may go along to get along without mentally or emotionally investing in what they are doing.

B

brainheart

Seriously, 6? I don't think I've ever tested high on it. Hmmm. I'll have to look into it-
Isn't Woody Allen a 6? I could see that..

Uh, George W. Bush is a nine.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a post with the best enneagram profiles out there in my opinion-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/946761-post11.html

I just posted them all in the enneagram section, but they're all in that post in links. There is no confusion in these profiles, they are all very distinct. They even give comparisons to the types when you get confused between two of them.

B

brainheart

Thanks Black Cat. I read the six just now-

Ruthie, I never in a million years would have thought of myself as a six. Now I know you said I'm not supposed to do the wing prior to finding the base, but the 6w7... really resonated, especially...

"They want to be independent with a safety net."

I don't know though. Something else to think about!

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Seriously, 6? I don't think I've ever tested high on it. Hmmm. I'll have to look into it-
Isn't Woody Allen a 6? I could see that..

Uh, George W. Bush is a nine.

Yeah, Woody Allen is the quintessential 6. The tests really vary on how they score 6s. On some, I score 6 as the highest and on others, 6 is my lowest score. 6 is such a weird type and there are so many variations that I guess it's tough for the tests to read as well. I test low on the anxiety, vigilance and paranoia stuff (I have a lot of 9-laziness in me.) But my thought process is very much the 6. I always work to construct mental systems so the outside world makes sense to me. It ends up in this weird jumble of contradictory thoughts, so I keep working through the problem until the contradictions are ironed out.

I think the process is very similar to the way a 5 works, but with opposite motivations. 5s see a box or a mental grid and want to destroy it. They feel confident when they can de-construct all assumptions about "how things should be." 6s see chaos and want to create order. They feel confident when they can create a frame for the world and can filter all incoming information through that frame.

re: Bush. touche.

B

brainheart

I definitely have the weird jumble of contradictory thoughts, but I am ill-prepared and I am typically optimistic. I don't know... six seems more like where I would go to when I'm unhealthy vs how I usually am. Like I said, I'm very much go with the flow in many ways. But then again I have spent countless hours on personality stuff...

B

brainheart

Four and nine are definitely what come out highest on tests for me, no matter what, fyi.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Brainheart, it seems like ISFP's tend to be 9's a lot. I think that is a good thing, why I love ISFPs. They (in general, obviously), are so laid back and go with the flow. I love being with ISFPs.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
You broke the rules! No wing typing until conclusive core typing! :)

Rule-breaker... to think you considered yourself a 1...

:laugh:

What Myers-Briggs type are you closest to Ruthie?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ok, so far the nine description seems pretty accurate for me except for the "present in their bodies" thing. Is this similar to Se? Because I have virtually no Se.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, so far the nine description seems pretty accurate for me except for the "present in their bodies" thing. Is this similar to Se? Because I have virtually no Se.

You're a 9 then. If you don't relate to ONE trait in the profile... then it's fine.