• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

enfp vs entp

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
why do you care?

MBTI Type
ENTP
findthejake- In my experience, ENFP guys seem more T-ish than their female counterparts but are still distinctly NF more than NT. You don't give off an NT vibe at all, fwiw.

if that's you in your avatar, then you're an ENFP.
exactly what i was thinking

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
findthejake- In my experience, ENFP guys seem more T-ish than their female counterparts but are still distinctly NF more than NT. You don't give off an NT vibe at all, fwiw.

exactly what i was thinking

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
6 cents and badly placed emoticons

I'm entering into this discussion late, but I'm also an ENf/tP. I started out ENTP, am now ENFP and have been for some years. The T/F is almost a 50/50split similar to yours and the last test I took I was ENTP again.

Like you, in highschool I also played devil's advocate and loved debating and would do it with teachers as well as students. I was known for "thinking could out argue anyone" and other students would sometimes ask me to argue with the teacher about assignments or tests (basically to get out of them or get an extra point about something). Perhaps it's our borderline T that gives us that? Law student friends and those that deal with law have told me I 'think and talk' like a lawyer at least when it comes to covering my ass and I should consider law school.

I have to say though, I was surprised at how soft and huggy and non-assertive ENFPs on this forum seemed...I had no idea we were this easygoing and sappy! :tongue: Aw, you know I love you...which is to say I love me...:smile: (is this ENFP enough for you?) Though I take it with a grain of salt and understand how a forum can be a much welcomed place to unload and commiserate --truthfully, some ENFP comments did make me question the validity of my type...

Maybe I wish I were tougher than I am? :azdaja:

But when it comes down to it no matter how much people tell me I'm a 'nontraditional female' (opinionated, bossy, assertive, direct, etc.) or how strong I think my 'T' may be getting, at the end of the day I just really want people to like me and for everyone to get along and be the best they can be and everyone to be happy and reach their dreams.... and be entertained and warm and fuzzy!' etc. etc. etc. DEAR LORD. Even I am aware how sappy this sounds. :yes: And I like puppies and babies???? :yim_rolling_on_the_

Anyhow Jake, I think you get my drift. You may have a strong T or even a competing T to your F, but if your gut directive is to care about how people *feel* and you always want to be sensitive to feelings and warm fuzzies :wub:, you are probably predominantly ENFP. Also, at the end of the day if you are able to let things go even though you know you didn't get quite your fair share or you gave someone too many free passes or someone took advantage of your kindness just a tiny bit -- but you don't care and are more just very relieved and relaxed and happy that everything is over and relationships are harmonious and you breathe a sigh of relief -- you are probably an F.

Also, if you know any ENFPs or ENTPs IRL to compare yourself to, I think that's the most helpful. One thing that definitely colors my self-interpretation is that while I did NOT identify with either the 1 ENFP or 1 ENTP (also women) that I have met -- the ENTP annoyed the shit out of me. It was like she was a child acting out for attention and acted like she was either in competition with me or actively trying to embarass me in public. :duel: And I really did not want to aspire to her personality...(unless it's natural for ENTPs do dislike one another?) The ENFP? Even though we'll never be friends I can get along with her much better and I can see why she is a well-liked person.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a male ENFP who got a degree in electrical engineering, he's been doing the corporate thing for a while, but has always been pulled in a totally different direction, to be a teacher....and he's finally taking the plunge and actually quit the corporate job to do what his heart's been telling him to do for a while...

Anyway, he's got the intellectual side (obviously has kinda an NT thing going what with the previous electrical engineering career), loves to read all kinds of stuff, is quite the debater when it comes to any topic he's really passionate about (which can be quite a lot..and usually revolves around topics like education, religion, 'big' topics like that).....but he's *definitely* an ENFP. He's a softie. ;-P

Oh, the debating thing...the ENFP female I know will also talk up a storm on anything she's passionate about or has an opinion on - which, can be a lot. :)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm very close on the T/F scale, and in some ways I am more like an ENFP, but overall I consider myself ENTP. I use my T more often than F, but I tend to favor F on important decisions. So sometimes I test as an F depending on if the test questions talk about typical behavior, or what you consider most important.

There are other reasons why I think I'm more T than F. I have little trouble accepting criticism and actually welcome constructive criticism. I don't mind hurting the feelings of others especially if I think it will do them good overall. Also while I want people to like me, the behavior I end up projecting comes across more as "I don't care what you think". Overall though I use T more often and I think it is frequency that determines whether you are T or F, even though on important decisions I tend to favor F.

brazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I just noticed that I'm 60/40 with F/T-ness, which would explain why I like to argue and debate. I felt like I wasn't as "mushy" as others (haha babies scare me), but I definitely do care a lot about others' feelings and beliefs. It wasn't exstensive enough for me to doubt my ENFPness. I just wondered why I didn't quite fit the dislike of debate mold.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I just noticed that I'm 60/40 with F/T-ness, which would explain why I like to argue and debate. I felt like I wasn't as "mushy" as others (haha babies scare me), but I definitely do care a lot about others' feelings and beliefs. It wasn't exstensive enough for me to doubt my ENFPness. I just wondered why I didn't quite fit the dislike of debate mold.

so are you feeling better now?

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I would say if there's any question about it, you're probably ENFP.

NT's usually seem to just know when theyre NT. We're so weird and detached from the normal folks, and from a young age, there's never any question really.

There's times when I thought maybe I was an NF of some sort...maybe for a few seconds. but then Im like Naaaahhh no way.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It could just be that you're balanced. I'm pretty balanced in both E/I and S/N. That is to say that I've got ESTJ, ENTJ, INTJ and ISTJ on tests before. The only thing that's firm is TJ, although I've had ESTP, ENTP and even ENFP (the first time I took it). Just take it by the mean; the average; whatever. So do a variety of tests many times over, and if you get ENTP more, you're that. If you get ENFP more, you're that.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
lol....you seem pretty clearly enfp. I know ENFPs who are more ENTP-like than you. From the very limited number of your posts I've seen, anyway.

You can be on the line though, yes. I'm really close to the S-N line. It's probably more common to be fairly close to the line than it is to be an extreme of a trait.
I agree with Random. My son is ENFP and I always argue that he is ENTP. he debates like no other.