• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm NEW - What is my type?! Please help! (Negatives)

Problems:
--Cannot leave my work at home
--Always take the blame upon myself
--Change my opinion relatively easily and always re-evaluate priorities
--Have a relatively "extreme" "fanatic" or "outlandish" solutions (e.g. not practical)
--Think too much about others and not enough about myself
--Cannot follow through to conclusion on something that does not fully engage me
--HUGE problem with criticism, especially if it is not enveloped in the proper way, which means diplomatic (my understanding of the term)
--Shut out any ideas which do not make sense or fit in with my idea of things
--TOTALLY stubborn (oops)
--75% of people love me, the rest cannot stand my guts (25%)
--10,000% positive or 10,000% negative (his biggest criticism)
--Generally not practical
--Totally TERRIBLE spatial/math skills
--Completely inept at sports (I was born with a

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm NEW - What is my type?! Please help! (positives)

Good and sort of weird stuff:
--Creative ideas and HUGE amounts of imagination
--Make other people feel "comfy" and loved unless angry
--Take my commitments (e.g. work, home) very seriously when I am fully engaged
--Fairly intelligent
--Talent with languages
--Expressive and love public speaking
--Can usually fit in with others
--Great teacher
--Can empathize - a bit too well - with how people feel
--Blends in with her environment
--Energetic and enthusiastic but also quiet and contempletive
--Great verbal skills
--Simplify complicated stuff, complicate simple stuff
--I love weird stuff!!!
--When I first meet people, I am quiet and totally reserved then bubbly and effervescent

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Hi Carolyn!

Well, if I had to venture a wild guess based simply upon the things you've listed, I would say some kind of NF, possibly ENFP. However, that's just a wild guess, since I don't personally know you. It would be better if you could take one or two indicators (tests) and share your results here! Have you taken this one before? Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
What have the results been from any tests you've taken before? You could discuss your results here and see if they fit you.

autumn

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi Carolyn!

Well, if I had to venture a wild guess based simply upon the things you've listed, I would say some kind of NF, possibly ENFP. Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
autumn

Hi, thanks! I tried it, and got the following result:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) (22.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) (17.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (43.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (30.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (20.2)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (23.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (39.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) (43.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

Sounds like it corresponds to what you imagined. Any other ideas? Should I try another test, or are these results fairly conclusive?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oops - Forgot the Temperament Section!

Oh, by the way, I missed my temperament, which it catagorized as:

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.

OH MY GOSH - I JUST READ the explanation of an ENFP - and that is just TOTALLY ME!!! How exciting!!! Thank you very much!!!

Although, I just read the ENFJ and it seems to fit, too...probably because I have good use of introverted intuition and excellent use of extroverted feeling. But ENFP definitely fits 100%!!!

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Problems:
--Cannot leave my work at home
--Always take the blame upon myself
--Change my opinion relatively easily and always re-evaluate priorities
--Have a relatively "extreme" "fanatic" or "outlandish" solutions (e.g. not practical)
--Think too much about others and not enough about myself
--Cannot follow through to conclusion on something that does not fully engage me
--HUGE problem with criticism, especially if it is not enveloped in the proper way, which means diplomatic (my understanding of the term)
--Shut out any ideas which do not make sense or fit in with my idea of things
--TOTALLY stubborn (oops)
--75% of people love me, the rest cannot stand my guts (25%)
--10,000% positive or 10,000% negative (his biggest criticism)
--Generally not practical
--Totally TERRIBLE spatial/math skills
--Completely inept at sports (I was born with a

Sounds somewhat similar to me, only I somehow got an athletic gene & I'm good at math. Do other people stimulate you or exhaust you?

I'm saying ENFJ if you feel you're extraverted. I'd think an ESFJ would have more follow through on projects & stick to their opinion more often.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm... I could see both.

How important is closure to you? When you make a decision, do you feel better when the decision is made or do you feel better exploring all options & keeping the decision somewhat open ended?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!

Oh, man...now I am really confused!!!!!

But the ENFP/ENFJ really fit me super well. I mean, okay, I read an example of the ESFJ, and I can see why you guys might think that fits, but I do not think so for the following reasons:

1) I am NOT practical. Or I will come up with weird, bizarre ideas.

2) In addition, I have a huge imagination.

3) I love abstract concepts - like spirituality, philosophy, and things like that.

4) I hate partying - not to mention hosting. Blah. I have to actively remind myself to remember someone's birthday or I totally forget. It does not come naturally.

5) My "helping" is not practical - it is more about people sharing their feelings. My husband is more the practical helper.

6) I kinda forget to clean my apartment sometimes. My head is full of other stuff. Oops.

7) Granted, I like structure and order, but I do not blindly follow authority. On the contrary - I am very skeptical about authority and always ask "why" (my favorite question as a kid).

8) When I do things to respect authority, it is not because I love rules and structure, but because I want the other person to feel okay and "like" me. If it is totally unreasonable, I will defend my beliefs.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds somewhat similar to me, only I somehow got an athletic gene & I'm good at math. Do other people stimulate you or exhaust you?

I'm saying ENFJ if you feel you're extraverted. I'd think an ESFJ would have more follow through on projects & stick to their opinion more often.

Hmm, considering I got a critical email from my prof in university saying if I did not start being consistent with my projects that I would have serious problems in life, I'd say more ENFJ. :doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DOH!

Oh, man...now I am really confused!!!!!

But the ENFP/ENFJ really fit me super well. I mean, okay, I read an example of the ESFJ, and I can see why you guys might think that fits, but I do not think so for the following reasons:

1) I am NOT practical. Or I will come up with weird, bizarre ideas.

2) In addition, I have a huge imagination.

3) I love abstract concepts - like spirituality, philosophy, and things like that.

4) I hate partying - not to mention hosting. Blah. I have to actively remind myself to remember someone's birthday or I totally forget. It does not come naturally.

5) My "helping" is not practical - it is more about people sharing their feelings. My husband is more the practical helper.

6) I kinda forget to clean my apartment sometimes. My head is full of other stuff. Oops.

7) Granted, I like structure and order, but I do not blindly follow authority. On the contrary - I am very skeptical about authority and always ask "why" (my favorite question as a kid).

8) When I do things to respect authority, it is not because I love rules and structure, but because I want the other person to feel okay and "like" me. If it is totally unreasonable, I will defend my beliefs.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm... I could see both.

How important is closure to you? When you make a decision, do you feel better when the decision is made or do you feel better exploring all options & keeping the decision somewhat open ended?

Somehow I have problems making decisions, so I feel a definite need to make any decision just to decide. :blush:

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Here's a suggestion: How about just taking an online test and telling us what your type is? :glasses:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's a suggestion: How about just taking an online test and telling us what your type is? :glasses:

I did. If it were clear cut, I would not have to ask, now, would I!? :p

extraverted Sensing (Se) (22.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) (17.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (43.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (30.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (20.2)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (23.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (39.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) (43.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Stimulate. I was almost giddy after a private lesson that lasted 9 hours because the person loved learning, was extremely motivated, and picked up on things well. So it gave me a natural high.