• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is really no correlation between type and a profession, imo, no matter what the 'statistics' say.

so your position is unfalsifiable. Way to represent the NFs logic skills well :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It is about possibilities. I am a lousy typer. I do not want attention - as I said before, if people get annoyed and this conversation should be conducted in the private sphere, I'm more than willing to move it down to my blog...

It is private, no one has to click on the thread, right?

Are you actually a lousy typer of other people though? Or just see too many possibilities in yourself? Kind of like how it's hard to type someone really close to you?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would it help you to see a video I made in order to get a better impression of what I am? I mean, it really doesn't show you how I am in real life because everyone is different in front of a camera than they are naturally, but maybe that would give you a better perspective than my typed words.

If not, that's cool, too, and I'll spare you guys. :blush:

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
so your position is unfalsifiable. Way to represent the NFs logic skills well :D

The thing is, I really don't think that MBTI statistics are trustworthy, because as you can see (and from your own experience I guess), people can come up with more than one type in any of the tests, and therefore they can be put into a group they don't belong to at all, which makes the result of such statistics faulty. I confess I'm not a great fan of statistics in general, but if you make statistics based on something measurable like age or education, the result will be relatively objective; but MBTI type, imo, is definitely not objectively measurable, considering that even people here who are often into it for many years come up with different theories as to what 'type' really is.

Really, I could come up with my own statistics as to 'what type of person is more likely to do whatever', just according to my observations, imagination and common sense. But it doesn't mean the type of person really would choose the path that seems the most expectable. (I clearly don't believe that any career counseling based on MBTI is useful, for instance.)

And yeah, I'm really far from having awesome logical skills, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot. NTs are also usually far from Einsteins, I'd say.

(And by the way, could you explain to me the word 'unfalsifiable'? I might have misunderstood.)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, screw it - here's a video...but don't laugh - I have no makeup and I did not really plan it. :doh: :blush: But here goes nothing...

[YOUTUBE="9JMlCG4ZjMI"]Carolyn[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I get an exfj vibe from you or the way you talk and body language. I think you are correct in your typing of yourself now. I would say that you are a enfj. I think you might not be as dreamy and flighty and fluffy that most enfjs exudes from themselves. I was in a relationship with a selfproclaimed ENFJ and she was somewhat different from you. But I dont think that makes you less of an ENFJ.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow.

OK, some of you guys are taking the term "Teacher" a little too literally.

I wasn't talking about the literal profession of teaching.

I said she is more of a "Mentor/Teacher/ENFJ" than an "Administrator/Enforcer/ESTJ".

My use of the term is borrowed from David Keirsey and his book Please Understand Me.

My point was that ENFJs can be mistaken for ESTJs because they both use the "In Charge" interaction style (i.e. they can be "bossy").

Here's the link again, so people know I'm not just making this shit up:

ENFJ - ESTJ / ESTP / ENTJ

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow.

OK, some of you guys are taking the term "Teacher" a little too literally.

I wasn't talking about the literal profession of teaching.

I said she is more of a "Mentor/Teacher/ENFJ" than an "Administrator/Enforcer/ESTJ".

My use of the term is borrowed from David Keirsey and his book Please Understand Me.

My point was that ENFJs can be mistaken for ESTJs because they both use the "In Charge" interaction style (aka--they can be "bossy").

Here's the link again, so people know I'm not just making this shit up:

ENFJ - ESTJ / ESTP / ENTJ

I know what you meant, and I think what you said is really helpful. Since my profession really admires an ESTJ mentality, it could very well be that I have to develop my Te quite extremely. I don't do Te behavior as much in my free time, though, unless cleaning up and organizing my room counts.

Personally, the more I read about the whole Fe-Ni-Se thing, the more it makes sense. Then again, I might be talking out my butt because I don't know as much about typology as other people on here.

What do you think? I really do think I'm ENFJ. And the more I explore and read about it, the surer I am.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I know what you meant, and I think what you said is really helpful. Since my profession really admires an ESTJ mentality, it could very well be that I have to develop my Te quite extremely. I don't do Te behavior as much in my free time, though, unless cleaning up and organizing my room counts.

Personally, the more I read about the whole Fe-Ni-Se thing, the more it makes sense. Then again, I might be talking out my butt because I don't know as much about typology as other people on here.

What do you think? I really do think I'm ENFJ. And the more I explore and read about it, the surer I am.

Yeah, we've talked about this before LL, so I know you knew what I meant. :D

And yes, I feel very strongly that you are ENFJ. :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[...]I never said any one way of anything is all that has merit, and I don't have a system and never denounced yours. Unless you are talking about the system of being condescending and declaring yourself to be more knowledgeable than anyone who disagrees with you. Because if that's what you mean by your system, then yes, I do denounce it, because I hate that crap.

Hmmm... you can be pretty condescending yourself about this whole typology business. And seemingly antagonistic for no good reason. If we're all just being honest here, that's the way you come off to me (and others). I don't know if you're doing it purposely or not.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People, people, people, let's not make ad hominem arguments here....let's focus on the important stuff! :D

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I watched the video and I get a distinct ENFJ vibe. That is my final guess. You remind me a lot of one colleague from a bookshop where I did a part-time job two last summers, and the colleague was a clear-cut ENFJ. If your husband and your friends agree, I think it's a safe guess. :hug:

(By the way, I'm such an idiot. I always knew deep down that it was impossible to type somebody only according to how they feel like in writing, but I let myself get carried away...:17425: I'm sorry if I added even more to the confusion. Function theory is useful and helpful, but only if you know the individual in person, and the 'vibe' is always vital. It might not seem too scientific, but MBTI is also not scientific, so it seems to be the best way :devil: )

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm... you can be pretty condescending yourself about this whole typology business. And seemingly antagonistic for no good reason. If we're all just being honest here, that's the way you come off to me (and others). I don't know if you're doing it purposely or not.

No, I'm definitely not trying to do that. Sorry. :blush:

I just try to simplify things, and I get frustrated when I feel like people are needlessly complicating them. This happens in all areas of life, not just discussions about typology.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I just try to simplify things, and I get frustrated when I feel like people are needlessly complicating them. This happens in all areas of life, not just discussions about typology.

It really helps so much that you get down to the crux of the matter, like I said in my video! :) Thank you - I really appreciate it. :wubbie:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I watched the video and I get a distinct ENFJ vibe. That is my final guess. You remind me a lot of one colleague from a bookshop where I did a part-time job two last summers, and the colleague was a clear-cut ENFJ. If your husband and your friends agree, I think it's a safe guess. :hug:

(By the way, I'm such an idiot. I always knew deep down that it was impossible to type somebody only according to how they feel like in writing, but I let myself get carried away...:17425: I'm sorry if I added even more to the confusion. Function theory is useful and helpful, but only if you know the individual in person, and the 'vibe' is always vital. It might not seem too scientific, but MBTI is also not scientific, so it seems to be the best way :devil: )

Yes, I agree. The more I talk to ENFJs on here, the more I feel I can relate to them more than ENFPs as well.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People, people, people, let's not make ad hominem arguments here....let's focus on the important stuff! :D
I'm not making ad hominems, in fact I'm not arguing. Just giving my thoughts. I'm not trying to derail your thread, so you can continue.

I accept your apology. I don't know if people are trying to complicate things, as much as have someone understand and get familiar with the theory in-depth. It could prove to be useful if prior methods haven't been working out.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I know shit. ;) However, it's usually shit no one cares about. :coffee:

No, that's just a joke.

Well I'm not going to say, "To tell the future," if that's what you're looking for. According to the definition I found, it said:

If anyone argues that I don't use intuition, they're a fucking idiot. Period.

Now a lot of people argue that I primarily use extraverted intuition because I'm weird and shit and have a vivid imagination, which is also bullshit. But anyway.

I use the ability to grasp patterns and plans constantly as well as the ability to dissect complex information. Hell, that's what teachers do.

But I do not do it for itself. It is not an end. It is a means to an end, and that end is helping others reach their potential. To help them grow.

I'm a results-oriented person. I get very grumpy if my hard work does not come to fruition. But my results-orientation doesn't ring true with ESTJ because it's mostly people-based.

My talents lie in arts and humanities. They lie in discovering what people need to succeed and meeting those needs, in seeking what does not apparently 'meet the eye.'

Unlike an ESFJ, who is concerned with meeting people's physical needs and practical needs, I look towards something else that I cannot clearly define.

Perfect example:

I was on a class trip with a woman who I am pretty sure is ESTJ and a man who I am pretty sure is IXTP. You can imagine how much fun that was. :rolli: I knew from the first that this dynamic was going to be challenging - I literally felt it in my gut - my stomach was ill nearly the entire time.

Control freak meets lethargic lari-fari. Lovely. And guess who was the asshole in between. Yeah. Me.

The ESTJ constantly was controlling things. Me too. But we had completely different focus. She was all about the practical matters "She's not eating much. He is speaking German when he should be speaking English. She is tired. He did this. She did that."

However, I didn't even fucking notice these things were going on. Quite frankly, since it was my first time teaching the class, I was glad she was the Iron Lady so that I could focus on other things. She was controlling this. Controlling that.

On the other hand, I was developing ideas, planning, brainstorming. Thinking up cool activities for the kids. Making sure everyone was happy and satisfied mentally and emotionally. Making sure the kids had fun. Lifting them up, supporting them where I could. And YES, being strict when I had to.

But not like the Iron Lady, completely different. I wasn't scanning if Johnny ate his salad or if Sandra was on her skateboard outside the boundaries we set. I was making sure Katie was developing her English skills, that Michael was participating more and opening up. And if not, how could I re-work things to make the kids grow as much as possible?

Poor IXTP on the other hand was so constricted by Ms. ESXJ, that he was practically paralyzed. He couldn't think. He couldn't act. Besides, it is not his strong point to motivate the kids and act anyway, and her hounding him wasn't helping. I had foreseen that this would blow up eventually.

One evening, indeed, the two of them drastically EXPLODED. Accusations were flying left and right, and it was clear to me that if the fire department did not come quickly, the whole house was going to burn down.

I know my skills are not apparent on here, but using my what-the-hell-ever you want to call it, I calmed both of them down. I listened to each side, and once they were calm enough and saw their needs were being met, we managed to brainstorm solutions and get through the experience. Whew. God damn. My stomach was aching. I felt the tension, I felt the negative vibes. It made me very, very uncomfortable, and I would have loved to retreat to my room and let them kill each other. But I did it for the kids. I wanted to think about the kids. We found our common ground, which was making this shit work fairly well for the rest of the time, and went on from there.

I felt physically ill during this stressful time, but I kept my cool and made shit work. She liked me. He liked/tolerated me. They hated each other. I was kind of the glue that kept the whole shit together.

*sigh*

What pissed me off about the whole thing was that this dumb-ass bullshit distracted me from what I wanted to do most, which was dream up good ideas for the kids. Instead, I had to be a fucking kindergarten teacher keeping the bully from beating up the shy kid. Fuck a duck.

Great story!

Everything in here screams ENFJ to me. I'm glad you've more or less decided on that then.

Jeffster,

*long sigh*

XOXOXO,
~Incubustribute