• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh, the problem with everyone helping is that it just confuses things more. I guess a lot of people have already decided what type LL is (or which types she definitely isn't.

Well, okay, since this crap isn't helping, maybe we should do what you suggest.

Heh, I'm not sure he's suggested anything. That's probably the most helpful thing at this point though. I don't think a random group of internet strangers can help any more at this point. If you're going to figure out your type, then you'll probably have to do some personal research.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think I've ever had an INTP criticize me for wasting time on trivial games. Especially not someone who's poured as much time into "useless" typology analysis as you. Let's pull up some of your more long-winded posts, shall we?

My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is. The latter actually has internal coherence and is not undermined by people's personal idiosyncrasies and culture dependent phenomena like MBTI is. But don't you worry about it my friend, you'd be lucky to understand half of it. Go ahead and pull up my posts, but this would be a waste of your time unless you've already read Jung's psychological types and the philosophers Jung was influenced by. He particularly gives a great deal of credit to Schopenhauer and Kant. In short, if you want any genuine typological insights; or ideas about typology that aren't altogether trivial from the standpoint of understanding the world---you ought to make a commitment to philosophy. Are you ready for that?

In any case, I don't mean to spoil the party or to tell you that you're doing something you shouldn't be doing. Go, run along, have a great time with your friends. Folk typology is a valuable community after all despite the fact that its all complete non-sense. Very few topics of discussion can bring people together as easily as this one. How often do you see dozens of people trying to help one person with such earnest enthusiasm and kind regard? That is the true invaluable merit of myths, fairy tales and folk theories, they create great group cohesion and harmony.

VagrantFarce

this is like that House thread, isn't it? A consensus will never be reached and the thread will just spiral into infinity

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
this is like that House thread, isn't it? A consensus will never be reached and the thread will just spiral into infinity

Folk typology isn't supposed to reach any consensus. It's supposed to give our members something that they can enjoy doing together; and this, it certainly has accomplished admirably.

Jaguar

My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is. The latter actually has internal coherence and is not undermined by people's personal idiosyncrasies and culture dependent phenomena like MBTI is. But don't you worry about it my friend, you'd be lucky to understand half of it.

snob_01.jpg

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
okay, LL, Im giving you two choices:

ESTJ: My econ prof was a cool ESTJ. They dont use Si like a straight jacket. They use it to help relate concepts with examples from the past. They can be entertaining and non-boring by use of tertiary Ne.

or

ENFP: The forum member alexx has a signature with cog func results and she has off the charts Fe/Fi and close Ni/Ne in 3rd/4th place. She's still ENFP. Your inability to end this thread in under 40 pages is leading me to agree with some of the ENFP proclaimers.

These are your only options. This thread will not help you anymore. Te + Fi can look Fe. Fe + Ti can look Te. Si + Ne can look Ni! ad infinitum. Stop over complicating it. ;) (i can be such a hypocrite) Taking your behaviors over the entire course of your life will not help you anymore. Just pick the type you want to be, or figure out what type you were when you most happy over a course of at least a few months. Then you can go on about your life.

If there is one thing that my own type search revealed to me, it was that NONE of the actual members of the types (INTPs, ENTJs, ENTPs, ENFJs etc) fit the stereotypes to the "T". Yes, there was the occasional "jesus ENFJ" and "mini-philosopher INTP", but overall almost every person on this forum has something about them that "should" disqualify them from "their type". You have to decide if the thinking style fits you, not the stereotypes. At the end of the day, its your brain. No one else can see your thoughts and decide if its Te+Fi or Fe. No one else can read your mind and see if its Ne or Se + Ni... etc

ITS UP TO YOU! NOW GO INTROSPECT...WHEN YOU ARE DONE, COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE DECIDED. :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My typology isn't useless. Yours, that of Keirsey and MBTI in general is. The latter actually has internal coherence and is not undermined by people's personal idiosyncrasies and culture dependent phenomena like MBTI is. But don't you worry about it my friend, you'd be lucky to understand half of it. Go ahead and pull up my posts, but this would be a waste of your time unless you've already read Jung's psychological types and the philosophers Jung was influenced by. He particularly gives a great deal of credit to Schopenhauer and Kant. In short, if you want any genuine typological insights; or ideas about typology that aren't altogether trivial from the standpoint of understanding the world---you ought to make a commitment to philosophy. Are you ready for that?

In any case, I don't mean to spoil the party or to tell you that you're doing something you shouldn't be doing. Go, run along, have a great time with your friends. Folk typology is a valuable community after all despite the fact that its all complete non-sense. Very few topics of discussion can bring people together as easily as this one. How often do you see dozens of people trying to help one person with such earnest enthusiasm and kind regard? That is the true invaluable merit of myths, fairy tales and folk theories, they create great group cohesion and harmony.

:violin::chicken::BangHead:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
NO, this is NOT a good way how to distinguish J/P. This is like, the most unrealiable way ever. The only reliable way is to determine if one's dominant perceiving function is introverted (Si, Ni) or extroverted (Se, Ne).

BZZZZZ. And how would you go about determining that? A Ouija board? All of this complicated function babble is what has Linguist so confused in the first place! Wonka did a good job if simplifying, but an even better way is to forget the letters all together and just think of the intelligent roles I was talking about earlier.

Because she's an ESTJ.

I love simulatedworld. He's one of my favorite posters on here. But he's totally wrong here. And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.

I don't think you should even be considering ENFJ.

I think like others have pointed out you've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi. And the fact that a mere handful of days ago you were justifying how you have all of these cognitive functions, as an ESTJ, and really embracing ESTJ, says quite a lot. If you relate[d] THAT strongly to ESTJ at one point, that says something. The other little 'fact' of the matter is that most of your time on this forum you've considered yourself of the ENFP flavor. That says something.

I've seen very little evidence for Dom-Fe -- so nix the ENFJ, which IS dom-Fe!

Ugh. "You've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi" is about the same as saying "you have a light mauve aura with a twinge of raspberry essence." You can try to make it sound all scientific with function shorthand, but the fact is that you have no way to know what is inside another person's mind. You can observe behavior, and that is filtered through your own perspective, but any notion that you can determine whether someone is "dom-Fe" as if that's a provable fact is just guesswork.

Oh come on people, you've got to push harder. Flood this thread with more folk typology. Talk about your experiences and how your ESFJ dog is much more decivise than she is and how if someone likes to act out a lot they must be an ESFP. More anecdotes, chop-chop. You can do it! Convince her that she is an ESTJ! Haven't you had a grandpa who was just like her? Doesn't this mean that she just has to be this type, you can't lose this battle! Keep going!

:laugh: That might be your funniest post ever, SW. Nice job.

My ISFP great-grandmother called me "Jeffy" when she was still alive, so obviously Linguist is an ISFP. ;)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.

My sister spent about 10 minutes at it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love simulatedworld. He's one of my favorite posters on here. But he's totally wrong here. And I bet he won't take my challenge either. The challenge of finding any SJ that has spent more than 5 minutes worrying about their "personality type." You obviously didn't watch LL's video blogs, or you wouldn't even make the ludicrous suggestion that she's SJ.

Incubustribute is ISFJ and has spent quite a bit of time worrying about it. I know him in real life; we used to think he was ESFJ, then he considered INFJ for a while, etc. etc.

I'll see if I can get him to confirm this in thread, hold on.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Incubustribute is ISFJ and has spent quite a bit of time worrying about it. I know him in real life; we used to think he was ESFJ, then he considered INFJ for a while, etc. etc.

I'll see if I can get him to confirm this in thread, hold on.

Saslou also had some confusion, and she's ESFJ. That was just due to not really being fully educated though. It's still questioning it. :p

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
LL seems to have attention-whored a gazillion people on this thread by playing innocence in the decades-old "I don't know what my type is" game. It's all just a distraction as a part of her grand scheme to completely take over TypoC. Power-hungry NTJ ftw.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
BZZZZZ. And how would you go about determining that? A Ouija board? All of this complicated function babble is what has Linguist so confused in the first place! Wonka did a good job if simplifying, but an even better way is to forget the letters all together and just think of the intelligent roles I was talking about earlier.

Have you ever bothered to consider the origins of Myers Briggs?

:hi: Any dumbass who learns about MBTI and has even the most basic desire to understand himself more fully will analyze his own behavior for more than a couple days. The problem is that most SJ's don't value the intuition necessary for such self-analysis, so they often just take the online test results for face value. I am still bloody questioning my type, even though I've seen the ISFJ functions manifested in innumerable situations in my life. At times I seem more INTP, like online. At times I even can seem ENTP. I've considered thus far: INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFP, and INTP. If you cared to look into functional analysis, you'd see the reasons for considering alternatives of both ESFJ and INTP as well.

Ugh. "You've got Ne, Te, Si, and Fi" is about the same as saying "you have a light mauve aura with a twinge of raspberry essence." You can try to make it sound all scientific with function shorthand, but the fact is that you have no way to know what is inside another person's mind. You can observe behavior, and that is filtered through your own perspective, but any notion that you can determine whether someone is "dom-Fe" as if that's a provable fact is just guesswork.
:steam:
Come on, man! This is just laughably closed-minded and painfully ignorant. Getting on an MBTI forum and posting all the time without giving half a rat's anal cavity about Jung is like writing a book about the history of rock n' roll without mentioning The Beatles! Know your roots!

Jaguar

Come on, man! This is just laughably closed-minded and painfully ignorant. Getting on an MBTI forum and posting all the time without giving half a rat's anal cavity about Jung is like writing a book about the history of rock n' roll without mentioning The Beatles! Know your roots!

Rat's anal cavity? :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you cared to look into functional analysis, you'd see the reasons for considering alternatives of both ESFJ and INTP as well.

Nah, he'd rather just declare it all totally meaningless without bothering to study it in depth.

I'm sure he livens up parties like no other, though. :cool:

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nah, he'd rather just declare it all totally meaningless without bothering to study it in depth.

I'm sure he livens up parties like no other, though. :cool:

Seriously though, I picked up Jung's writings the other day in a Borders, and let me tell you: it pains me to see so many members on here dogmatically denying the usefulness of cognitive functions. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MBTI WITHOUT COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS!

:coffee:

I'll just get off the laptop and enjoy some hot chocolate now...it's rather cold outside...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
To all the people commenting on Linguist's type:

How much have you actually interacted with her?

Have you ever talked to her in person?

Have you talked to her in Vent, or have you only read her posts?

How much does just reading someone's posts really tell you about the person?

And how good are you at "reading people" in general, anyway?

You can disregard my opinion all you want, but I've interacted with Linguist a lot in Vent, which is much more than I can say for many of you.

And as an ENFP, I am very skilled at reading people I interact with.

That's not a myth. ENFPs really have a talent for that shit.

I don't claim to know for sure what her type is, but I've interacted with her in Vent and looked at this mystery from many angles --and I feel very confident that she is ENFJ.

All this wild speculation is pretty interesting, but at the end of the day, how much have you actually GOTTEN TO KNOW Little Linguist?

After all, its pretty ridiculous to TYPE a PERSON without actually GETTING TO KNOW the PERSON.......ISN'T IT?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've done her, dude. And she does it like an ESTJ for sure.