• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's another approach. What fictional character do you relate to LL? Then we will type that fictional character.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's another approach. What fictional character do you relate to LL? Then we will type that fictional character.

That's easy.

As a child (dare I say this?) Hermione Granger.

As an adult the teacher from Dead Poets Society, John Keating.

I'm not saying I AM them; just saying I RELATE.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know why I didn't notice your signature before: Overpreparing is so characteristically SJ. ("Going with the flow" is, by definition, quite the opposite of overpreparation.) This sounds like someone who is very routine-oriented but a little sensitive about being overdependent upon it, so choice of this quote suggests a desire to be more flexible, or at least appear more flexible to others. It suggests insecurity in the way others perceive parts of your identity, (as does your entire type crisis.)

But it's largely unconscious, which is typical for inferior functions...and if I'm right about ESTJ, this lines up perfectly with inferior Fi.

You consistently describe Te/Si as the obvious frames of reference from which everything is built, but you think from reading ESTJ descriptions that they're too boring and mundane to describe you, so you make a lot of extra effort to explain how much you enjoy fun detours into Ne and Fi. The ways you describe Ne and Fi use are particularly consistent with tertiary and inferior functional processes.

I really think you just don't want to accept the ESTJ label because ESTJ descriptions are generally poorly written and don't go into much about positive use of the tertiary and inferior functions. The descriptions you've read probably are too boring to describe you properly, but that isn't because you're borderline between 14 different types; it's because ESTJs are a poorly understood and poorly documented type.

The descriptions focus almost exclusively on the overbearing Te and Si aspects of hyper-authoritarianism, but neglect to mention much about well-balanced and intelligent ESTJs who make significant use of Ne and Fi as well. I'm guilty of this myself: I had instinctively typed an old girlfriend as ENTJ because I remember being so impressed by her wit and creativity, only to realize after she tested ESTJ that I'd just unconsciously equated "wit and creativity" with "N type."

I believe this is the root of your problem. You are ESTJ, but you mix in more of your tertiary and inferior functions (either that or are exaggerating how much you use them out of some desire to avoid being boxed into a "boring type") than most traditional portrayals of ESTJs would indicate.

Why am I thinking of Lucy from Charlie Brown?

Because she's an ESTJ.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
That's easy.

ENF--muthafuckin-J!

She practically has it branded on her forehead, people.:devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know why I didn't notice your signature before: Overpreparing is so characteristically SJ. ("Going with the flow" is, by definition, quite the opposite of overpreparation.) This sounds like someone who is very routine-oriented but a little sensitive about being overdependent upon it, so choice of this quote suggests a desire to be more flexible, or at least appear more flexible to others. It suggests insecurity in the way others perceive parts of your identity, (as does your entire type crisis.)

But it's largely unconscious, which is typical for inferior functions...and if I'm right about ESTJ, this lines up perfectly with inferior Fi.

You consistently describe Te/Si as the obvious frames of reference from which everything is built, but you think from reading ESTJ descriptions that they're too boring and mundane to describe you, so you make a lot of extra effort to explain how much you enjoy fun detours into Ne and Fi. The ways you describe Ne and Fi use are particularly consistent with tertiary and inferior functional processes.

I really think you just don't want to accept the ESTJ label because ESTJ descriptions are generally poorly written and don't go into much about positive use of the tertiary and inferior functions. The descriptions you've read probably are too boring to describe you properly, but that isn't because you're borderline between 14 different types; it's because ESTJs are a poorly understood and poorly documented type.

The descriptions focus almost exclusively on the overbearing Te and Si aspects of hyper-authoritarianism, but neglect to mention much about well-balanced and intelligent ESTJs who make use significant use of Ne and Fi as well. I'm guilty of this myself: I had instinctively typed an old girlfriend as ENTJ because I remember being so impressed by her wit and creativity, only to realize after she tested ESTJ that I'd just unconsciously equated "wit and creativity" with "N type."

I believe this is the root of your problem. You are ESTJ, but you mix in more of your tertiary and inferior functions (either that or are exaggerating how much you use them) than most traditional portrayals of ESTJs would indicate.

Because she's an ESTJ.

God damn it. We'll never figure this out. It's a waste of my time. I'm chasing my tail. Ferk.

I appreciate all this effort, really, I do. Please believe me. But damn it. When are we going to get an answer?

I feel like a mouse fart.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's easy.

Hermione - ISTJ

John Keating - ENTX more of a P I think

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, it was constructive. You post like her. And no, I wasn't being an asshole.

Correction: You didn't intend to be an asshole. ;)

Anyway though your Lucy read is spot on. ESTJ to a tee.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This was more helpful. It is a combination of this

f stress continues, ENTPs become distracted and their "can do" attitude is threatened. Feelings of incompetence, ineptness, and inadequacy take over. They need to escape situations that are associated with anxiety is more prominent for the ENTP than for any other personality type. Doubtful of whether they will have what it takes to accomplish a task, they displace their fears onto situations they can elude. Panic, fear, and anxiety then block the expression of their creativity. Defensive phobic reactions cause the ENTP to circumvent achievement in other areas and prevent the success they strive on.

Which I would give a 7/10 with accuracy and this:

Like all NFs, ENFJs will disassociate themselves from stressful situations in an effort to protect their sense of well-being and togetherness. The ENFJ, however, will repress the unpleasant side of life only to have to face it later in an intensified form when it explodes from its hiding place. It can manifest itself as fits of anger, sudden outbursts, or emotional explosions. Often the ENFJ's body will reflect pent-up stress by manifesting various physical symptoms that will erupt unexpectedly.

Which I would give a 9/10 for accuracy, regardless of type. My husband often complained about this, "YOU BOTTLE THINGS UP AND THEN EXPLODE!" When I was working five jobs, how did it manifest? Physically. I lost my voice. Got it. Lost it. Got it. Lost it. Then, I got bronchitis. I had a cut that didn't heal. Once I cut the job causing me the most stress, it vanished. I can also relate to the dissociation, which makes people think I am 'cold' or 'rational' when angry or stressed.

Muses: Maybe this is a bad time to analyze myself, as I'm in a pretty stressful working situation at the moment, which may be muddying the waters. I need to think about this.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENF--muthafuckin-J!

She practically has it branded on her forehead, people.:devil:

Help!!! *mouse squeak*

If it helps to know, I've read a lot of Keirsey recently and really relate to the rationals in part and the idealists nearly as a whole concept. :wubbie:

But am I being objective? Who the fuck knows?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
blah nobody knows how to type ESTJs. they're not all screaming in your face 100% of the time and they can be really interesting people.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll give you that much, Simulated. How can a bunch of Ns who cannot relate to ESTJs as a whole type an ESTJ? (In general, obviously)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTJs in their own words

Please please please read this. This site has firsthand descriptions compiled from real people describing their perspectives directly, not just how they appear to outsiders.

Jaguar

Correction: You didn't intend to be an asshole. ;)

Anyway though your Lucy read is spot on. ESTJ to a tee.

Yeah, but is it real or kneejerk? I say the latter.
An ISTJ posted to her: " You sure do post a lot of emoticons for an ESTJ."

Seriously, is this ESTJ?

:static::static::static::static::static:

When Ragingkat was talking about assassinating his ESTJ teacher,
(LOL) I don't think he had someone like LL in mind.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTJs in their own words

Please please please read this. This site has firsthand descriptions compiled from real people describing their perspectives directly, not just how they appear to outsiders.

Wow, that sounded really awesome with two major caveats:

- Practical, detailed nuts-and-bolts focus is a definite HELL NO by me.

- Lack of future focus is another definite HELL NO by me.

I'd agree with pretty much everything else.