• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it's just that you're not going to accomplish much when you list a bunch of characteristics that point to ENFP, and then everybody says ENFP, and then you say "OH BUT WAIT ACTUALLY I'M MORE LIKE THIS" and list a bunch of characteristics that point to ESTJ, etc. etc.

If you're having this much trouble with it, maybe you should just not worry about this and find a different hobby. It's really not that significant, honestly.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Eff it...I give up. For now. :doh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By the way, ENFJ is completely wrong. We've narrowed it down to something in the Si/Te/Fi/Ne quadrant, so you're almost certainly either xNFP or xSTJ.

You've shown very little evidence of Fe, Ni, Se or Ti at all, so I'd drop the whole "ENFx" thing. Claiming to be borderline ENFP/ENFJ doesn't make any sense anyway because those imply completely different function sets.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure where this question is leading, but allow me to follow an inspiration.

Linguist, do you believe that existence/the universe is inherently RATIONAL or IRRATIONAL?

I think there is a purpose. If that is what you are asking...

I don't think in terms of rational and irrational. I think in terms of purpose.

VagrantFarce

LL, My advice for you is to make a concerted effort to understand the differences between the 8 functions yourself, and how they differ in behaviour when placed in the various type orders. I don't think asking strangers on the internet to do it for you is helping anymore.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:( So I guess INTJ's off...

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Your long list above makes you sound more ENFP again.

I think you've gotten all the useful advice you're going to get out of us here. The more you emphasize one side of your personality the more people will say that one sounds likely, and then you emphasize a different side a lot more so people change their minds.

The unavoidable problem here is that none of us know you in real life so it's impossible for us to know when you're providing a balanced self-portrait and when you're not. At the end of the day, you're going to have to decide this for yourself. Our type reads are limited by the scope of information you give us.

I really think this is the key to all the typing that goes on on the forum. I've actually guessed that anyone who is an X (sorry!) just doesn't want to be labeled. I'm thinking that in their mind it makes it more of a guess as to who they are and less possible to "pigeonhole" them.

Saying this, I really was wanting to type myself the wrong way (after already typing myself enfp) until I found my professional test. I think that helped a lot, since I have an answer to what I was like at that point in my life.

I think a lot of people are probably off on the typing they do of people they know in real life, I don't trust their online typing much more than I trust their offline typing.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Geez.....

The J/P distinction is really not that hard to determine.

Linguist, which appeals to you more:

1. Setting specific goals and working hard to achieve them

OR

2. Following inspirations and taking life as it comes

For the love of GOD---TRY to make a choice, please----the two options are really pretty different!!!!!! :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Geez.....

The J/P distinction is really not that hard to determine.

Linguist, which appeals to you more:

1. Setting specific goals and working hard to achieve them

OR

2. Following inspirations and taking life as it comes

For the love of GOD---TRY to make a choice, please----the two options are really pretty different!!!!!! :devil:

Well, when you put it like THAT!!!!!!!!!!! definitely 1.

NOT 2.

AS in REALLLYYYYYYYYY NOT 2.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For P/J just ask yourself if internal or external organization is more important. Internal and you're a P; external and you're a J.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can I choose when I do both equally???

LL. This the problem. You see yourself as being so "i can do any function" that you dont differentiate yourself enough. This is why taking the cognitive function test as you would "during a time in your life when you felt most like yourself" should:
--feel easier
--have more distinct strengths and weaknesses
--be more accurate

You need to get in touch with a time in your life when you felt most like yourself, and then identify what functions were in action. If you try and take inventory of your entire life: you'll think you can do every function and end up in the mess you are in now...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
For P/J just ask yourself if internal or external organization is more important. Internal and you're a P; external and you're a J.

That makes sense, Simulated, but it's not that easy to determine.

I think Linguist needs some real serious back-to-basics kind of shit.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have recalled on several occasions that it is very important for my environment to be positive.

Perhaps you Fi-users can help me on this: But aren't you guys like rock-solid inside? Your values are stable, and you have a stable core no matter what goes on outside?

I'm pretty much the opposite. My environment shapes me. So if I'm in a good one, I have the best ideas, the greatest challenges, the most wonderful results....If I am in a bad environment, I can go from happy to completely depressed, from secure to completely bonkers, from results-oriented and successful to complete and utter disaster, and it's REALLY SCARY how quickly that can happen with me.

VagrantFarce

Well, when you put it like THAT!!!!!!!!!!! definitely 1.

NOT 2.

AS in REALLLYYYYYYYYY NOT 2.

OK!

SO!

You're very decisive, organised and goal-oriented! YOUR EVERY-DAY BEHAVIOUR REFLECTS THIS. YOU ARE NOW A J. THIS IS NO LONGER UP FOR DISCUSSION. SHUT UP.

You're extraverted, as in you think out loud and work more comfortably when with others rather than on your own. YOUR EVERY-DAY BEHAVIOUR REFLECTS THIS. YOU ARE NOW AN E. THIS IS NO LONGER UP FOR DISCUSSION. SHUT UP.

Is that ok with you?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK!

SO!

You're very decisive, organised and goal-oriented! YOUR EVERY-DAY BEHAVIOUR REFLECTS THIS. YOU ARE NOW A J. THIS IS NO LONGER UP FOR DISCUSSION. SHUT UP.

You're extraverted, as in you think out loud and work more comfortably when with others rather than on your own. YOUR EVERY-DAY BEHAVIOUR REFLECTS THIS. YOU ARE NOW AN E. THIS IS NO LONGER UP FOR DISCUSSION. SHUT UP.

Is that ok with you?

Yes, thank you.

***runs like a little mouse and squeaks back into her cave***