• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
See, in that way, I'm different. I'm only silly if I can relax....
Yea, I know about that one too.

I almost always feel relaxed. Do you find it easy to relax?

HAHAHA! Well, see, she gave it back to him in a practical way, right?
Absolutely, and he stopped putting prepositions at the end of sentences.

I should do the same thing every time my husband forgets to pay a bill ;).
Scandalous.:devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When the school holidays started, I would feel guilty. I felt like I should be doing work, and I wasn't.

Nowadays, it is easier for me to relax, but it is still not very easy. I usually overwork myself - like the time recently when I had five jobs. That was up until about 2-3 weeks ago.

Only after I had bronchitis that I never got over and got about 3-4 colds one after another did I realize that I should lower my workload. Then, I kept pushing, thinking, "Aww, hell, I'll get used to it." Then, my husband pulled me over and said, "I REFUSE to watch as you burn yourself out like this. STOP IT NOW." At first, I reacted rather childishly, but then I thought it out, reasoned it, and realized, "Crap, yeah, I have to." I was the only one expecting THIS MUCH of myself. No one else was.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Check it out:

BE HONEST!

It doesn't matter what others think, only what you think!

"I feel more torn between...
X "...anchoring myself in what is unchanging or stable, and adapting to trust unknown possibilities."

"...identifying and avoiding "expected" interpretations, and experiencing life in vivid detail."

X "...the values I hold dear in my heart, and the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for."

"...the need to fit in and connect with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself."

"When working with others, I prefer environments that...
"...allow and encourage free inquiry, where people are involved in an emergent process of free discussion."

X "...demand structure, ensure that decisions are made quickly, and that things get done on time."

"When interacting with others...
"...I typically feel pressured by a pace that's too fast or hectic."

X "...I typically feel impatient with a pace that's too slow or reflective."

ESTJ

Good call.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My natural tendency is to be organized, structured, and hard-working. But if I'm stressed, I get whiny, bitchy, melancholy, don't want to do stuff, forget shit, and get all emo, and in the worst case, am almost paralyzed. That happened to me once, literally, and I never want it to happen again.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
When the school holidays started, I would feel guilty. I felt like I should be doing work, and I wasn't.

Nowadays, it is easier for me to relax, but it is still not very easy. I usually overwork myself - like the time recently when I had five jobs. That was up until about 2-3 weeks ago.

Only after I had bronchitis that I never got over and got about 3-4 colds one after another did I realize that I should lower my workload. Then, I kept pushing, thinking, "Aww, hell, I'll get used to it." Then, my husband pulled me over and said, "I REFUSE to watch as you burn yourself out like this. STOP IT NOW." At first, I reacted rather childishly, but then I thought it out, reasoned it, and realized, "Crap, yeah, I have to." I was the only one expecting THIS MUCH of myself. No one else was.
I'm notorious for overworking myself to exhaustion too.:doh: I'm also notorious for being so laidback that most people don't think I'm actually being productive until they see the finished product. That's when I spring things on people like,"BOW!, look at that. Didn't see that one coming, did ya?" :holy:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought you were an STJ. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm notorious for overworking myself to exhaustion too.:doh: I'm also notorious for being so laidback that most people don't think I'm actually being productive until they see the finished product. That's when I spring things on people like,"BOW!, look at that. Didn't see that one coming, did ya?" :holy:

In high school, when people said I was smart, I always answered, "I'm not smart. I'm hard-working. There's a difference."

People like you are the smart ones.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
is it true that most germans are stj's?

Like in most countries, Germany has its fair share of all types, but yes: I'd say Germany has a great deal of SJs. A fair amount of NTs in academia and other areas. Hardly any NFs. Some SPs.

However, that is only in my limited experience. You'd better ask Entropie. I think it differs according to region as well.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
In high school, when people said I was smart, I always answered, "I'm not smart. I'm hard-working. There's a difference."

People like you are the smart ones.
Aw, I think smart is simply doing what's right for you and yours. I'm still figuring it out.:)

Like in most countries, Germany has its fair share of all types, but yes: I'd say Germany has a great deal of SJs. A fair amount of NTs in academia and other areas. Hardly any NFs. Some SPs.

However, that is only in my limited experience. You'd better ask Entropie. I think it differs according to region as well.
is it true that most germans are stj's?
My mother's German.lol. Stereotypes.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see the point of the question, though. If it were true, that would explain why I feel so comfortable here.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Congrats on figuring yourself out! :) Now what are you going to do with your newly found knowledge?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pssht. Be a good boy, now! ;)

Eh? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. You didn't last a week as an SP, so your track record isn't solid, but you might dig in your heels more on this one to be stubborn.

I'll give you a challenge in the meantime. Find me another ESTJ that spends more than 2 minutes worrying about their "personality type." Much less spends as much time as you have seeking input from others and rehashing the same stuff over and over again. Go ahead, I'll give you the whole 2 months. If you can find one, then I'll...determine they're probably NF. :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My natural tendency is to be organized, structured, and hard-working. But if I'm stressed, I get whiny, bitchy, melancholy, don't want to do stuff, forget shit, and get all emo, and in the worst case, am almost paralyzed. That happened to me once, literally, and I never want it to happen again.

:shock: that my friend...is probably the INFP shadow.
Sorry about that on behalf of INFPs everywhere.
Congratulations on your figuring your type LL.

Your tertiary Ne just wanted to take you for aride around the type wheel
apparently :hug: hah. *been there with my Ne :doh:*

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Check it out:

BE HONEST!

It doesn't matter what others think, only what you think!

X "...anchoring myself in what is unchanging or stable, and adapting to trust unknown possibilities."

"...identifying and avoiding "expected" interpretations, and experiencing life in vivid detail."

X "...the values I hold dear in my heart, and the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for."

"...the need to fit in and connect with the lives of others, and knowing and understanding how things work for myself."

"When working with others, I prefer environments that...
"...allow and encourage free inquiry, where people are involved in an emergent process of free discussion."

X "...demand structure, ensure that decisions are made quickly, and that things get done on time."

"When interacting with others...
"...I typically feel pressured by a pace that's too fast or hectic."

X "...I typically feel impatient with a pace that's too slow or reflective."

ESTJ

Good call.

LL,

We've discussed at length how similar we are. I took the same test (vagrant's test), and I received ENFJ. I took one of his earlier ones, and I also recieved ENFJ. So apparently Vagrant thinks I'm ENFJ. I think I'd need more friends and perhaps some girlfriends before I take it seriously :D.

Anyways, I have an ESTJ professor that I talk to alot. I definitely "see" his Si preference in the way that he discusses theory and history. I can just "sense" his Si. I haven't talked to you in person, so I don't know if you'd send off my Si sensors. I have a uncle/aunt that both took the test. They are very ISTJ. My mother is ESFJ as well (so Si jumps out at me when I see it in person).

Anyways, have fun being ESTJ,
Babylon Candle

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hey LL, congrats on finding your type (for right now :wink:)! But it seems as if you're going to stick with this one for a while. Did you enjoy my video? :D

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hmm? No. I don't think so. Ask any INFJ. They will tell you.

I didn't say INFJ, I said EII (INFj) - I'm talking Socionics. Most INFJs here would be INFps if they're typed correctly. It's hard to make clear because majority of thread is about how you were as a kid - what's the point in that? ESTJ seems pretty unlikely.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Congrats on figuring yourself out! :) Now what are you going to do with your newly found knowledge?

Start being myself rather than the ushy gushy person everyone wants me to be? LOL No, seriously. Just be like always. Learn to grow a little bit and overcome weaknesses like everyone else.

Eh? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. You didn't last a week as an SP, so your track record isn't solid, but you might dig in your heels more on this one to be stubborn.

I'll give you a challenge in the meantime. Find me another ESTJ that spends more than 2 minutes worrying about their "personality type." Much less spends as much time as you have seeking input from others and rehashing the same stuff over and over again. Go ahead, I'll give you the whole 2 months. If you can find one, then I'll...determine they're probably NF. :D

*sigh* Look, I know I've been an annoying asshole not knowing my type, and it was a bit over-the-top sometimes. However, I really think this is a good match.

MBTI seems so ambiguous that it is hard to understand sometimes.

:shock: that my friend...is probably the INFP shadow.
Sorry about that on behalf of INFPs everywhere.
Congratulations on your figuring your type LL.

Your tertiary Ne just wanted to take you for aride around the type wheel
apparently :hug: hah. *been there with my Ne :doh:*

That's how I feel when that happens to. Perhaps we can explain it this way.

We needed more ESTJs here :cheese:

Heh. :) See if you still say that in a few months - I seem to piss off everyone around here in one way or another! ;)

LL,

We've discussed at length how similar we are. I took the same test (vagrant's test), and I received ENFJ. I took one of his earlier ones, and I also recieved ENFJ. So apparently Vagrant thinks I'm ENFJ. I think I'd need more friends and perhaps some girlfriends before I take it seriously :D.

Anyways, I have an ESTJ professor that I talk to alot. I definitely "see" his Si preference in the way that he discusses theory and history. I can just "sense" his Si. I haven't talked to you in person, so I don't know if you'd send off my Si sensors. I have a uncle/aunt that both took the test. They are very ISTJ. My mother is ESFJ as well (so Si jumps out at me when I see it in person).

Anyways, have fun being ESTJ,
Babylon Candle

*sigh* I know it seems bizarre. But I really think it fits.

Hey LL, congrats on finding your type (for right now :wink:)! But it seems as if you're going to stick with this one for a while. Did you enjoy my video? :D

No, I think I missed it???

I didn't say INFJ, I said EII (INFj) - I'm talking Socionics. Most INFJs here would be INFps if they're typed correctly. It's hard to make clear because majority of thread is about how you were as a kid - what's the point in that? ESTJ seems pretty unlikely.

INFP? Nah.

S

Sniffles

You never pissed me off LL - at least not in any major sense. ;) :tongue10: