• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Remember?

"MOVE, DAMN IT, MOVE YOUR ASS!" LOL :D

:blush:

Maybe you can teach me some of that Fe-goodness.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got 3 of the letters right, that's worth something!

Plus, this whole thing does confirm my suspicions that the tertiary function is the easiest way to spot your own type. :)

Seriously, I am grateful, as you helped a great deal. Thank you.

By the way - new prototype - awesome!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
:static: Yay LL! Definitely an interesting discussion!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to express my gratitude to everyone who helped me end a long struggle to find the correct fit. You all helped, and I want you to know I appreciate it.

When I read H&B's post, it was like a switch went 'click.' I started remembering a billion reasons at once how everything fit in one huge realization. It was clear to me that it fit. Now I have no more doubts, and I could not say that before. Conclusions are good. Glad that's over. Successfully over, that is.

Next!

(Challenge, that is! NOT TYPE!)

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Interesting, eh? I could understand a great deal of what you were saying about her.
Ne?:)
So tell me, do you watch Sesame Street still? My mom does. :laugh:
She's actually very silly and playful too, when she's relaxing. EXFPs don't have a monopoly on that.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember you wanting me to fart so you can light it on fire. :D

Sure. :)

Sometimes you need to light a fire under people's butts. Especially when feeding them a carrot doesn't work.

The wise man knows when to do which. Unfortunately, I'm only about 5 years into my carrot quest and retiring the whip. Sort of.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She's actually very silly and playful too, when she's relaxing. EXFPs don't have a monopoly on that.

The key is that I'm like that when I am RELAXING. Every other time, I'm serious on myself, tough as nails, and have recently (over the past couple, few years) started being less rough on others (or at least less open about expressing it, heh!).

It's kind of fun learning how to use this Ne stuff. I think my husband has helped me a lot. His Ti/Fi/Ne are sky high. That may be another reason why I have developed Ne/Fi so much over the last 3-4 years. Too bad you did not know me before. You (general) definitely would not have guessed ENFP for my type.

I know I annoy the hell of a lot of Vent users with runaway child Ne, but screw it, it's too fun to let go of. :devil:

I think I will always be a grammar Nazi who can rattle off prepositions, linking verbs, and helping verbs from grade school, though. MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!

S

Sniffles

She now goes for little Cheburashka. hehe :D

Sometimes you need to light a fire under people's butts. Especially when feeding them a carrot doesn't work.

The wise man knows when to do which. Unfortunately, I'm only about 5 years into my carrot quest and retiring the whip. Sort of.

True, although you need to very careful when doing that with us INFJs; cause often times our surface appearances can very deceiving. ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She now goes for little Cheburashka. hehe :D

True, although you need to very careful when doing that with us INFJs; cause often times our surface appearances can very deceiving. ;)

Yes. My new love is Cheburashka. And my old love is Bun-Bun, my faithful companion of 29 years. Man, I can't sleep without the dude.

Well, what's life without a little fire, hmm?

S

Sniffles

You should have Cheburashka as your avatar. That'd be so awesome LL! :D

cheburashka.jpg

cheburashka.jpg

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
The key is that I'm like that when I am RELAXING. Every other time, I'm serious on myself, tough as nails, and have recently (over the past couple, few years) started being less rough on others (or at least less open about expressing it, heh!).
Oh yes, sounds very familiar. My mother will even get embarrassingly silly sometimes, but very few people see that side of her. She is a professional woman, first and foremost. Serious stuff first, silly stuff if and when there is time.

It's kind of fun learning how to use this Ne stuff. I think my husband has helped me a lot. His Ti/Fi/Ne are sky high. That may be another reason why I have developed Ne/Fi so much over the last 3-4 years. Too bad you did not know me before. You (general) definitely would not have guessed ENFP for my type.
Oh, I can so relate to people's function strength rubbing off on you. It's interesting how being around people with strong Se brings it out in me. I become much like an ESFP or an ESTP.

I think I will always be a grammar Nazi who can rattle off prepositions, linking verbs, and helping verbs from grade school, though. MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!
Grammar nazi. You should have told me that one 10 pages ago too. I would've added that to the list of ways you're like my mother. She used to make my ex-boyfriend pay her every time he placed a preposition at the end of a sentence.:doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh yes, sounds very familiar. My mother will even get embarrassingly silly sometimes, but very few people see that side of her. She is a professional woman, first and foremost. Serious stuff first, silly stuff if and when there is time.

Oh, I can so relate to people's function strength rubbing off on you. It's interesting how being around people with strong Se brings it out in me. I become much like an ESFP or an ESTP.

Grammar nazi. You should have told me that one 10 pages ago too. I would've added that to the list of ways you're like my mother. She used to make my ex-boyfriend pay her every time he placed a preposition at the end of a sentence.:doh:

EXACTLY. I'm embarrassingly silly at home with my husband and very serious at work and in public. In fact, when I concentrate, I scowl. It makes people think I'm grumpy. It freaked my husband out at first.

Okay, I wouldn't make people pay, but yeah, I am a grammar Nazi. I actually read over most of my posts and proofread. Sometimes, I couldn't bother, though.

S

Sniffles

Awww. It's so cute. Reminds me of Rudy Huxtable.
RudyHuxtable.jpg
Hmmn....interesting to compare a Russian cartoon character with a member of the Cobsy family. Anyways...
[youtube="v_nPEGijDoQ"]More Cheburashka[/youtube]

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
EXACTLY. I'm embarrassingly silly at home with my husband and very serious at work and in public. In fact, when I concentrate, I scowl. It makes people think I'm grumpy. It freaked my husband out at first.

Okay, I wouldn't make people pay, but yeah, I am a grammar Nazi. I actually read over most of my posts and proofread. Sometimes, I couldn't bother, though.
Ha, my silliness strikes at whenever time, even in a crisis. But irl, I don't typically like to intentional stand out, so I do most things on the sly in that regard. I'd prefer my silliness only get absorbed by my intended audience.;)

Yea, emphasis on Nazi for my mom. She would make him pay, but she actually saved the money to give him for his first year in college. It was actually really funny to us, but she cringes at poor speech and grammar. It's like betrayal to her. Betrayal of the highest order..:yim_rolling_on_the_

Hmmn....interesting to compare a Russian cartoon character with a member of the Cobsy family. Anyways...
You don't see the resemblance?:sadbanana:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha, my silliness strikes at whenever time, even in a crisis. But irl, I don't typically like to intentional stand out, so I do most things on the sly in that regard. I'd prefer my silliness only get absorbed by my intended audience.;)

Yea, emphasis on Nazi for my mom. She would make him pay, but she actually saved the money to give him for his first year in college. It was actually really funny to us, but she cringes at poor speech and grammar. It's like betrayal to her. Betrayal of the highest order..:yim_rolling_on_the_

See, in that way, I'm different. I'm only silly if I can relax....

HAHAHA! Well, see, she gave it back to him in a practical way, right?

I should do the same thing every time my husband forgets to pay a bill ;).