• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

S

Sniffles

Hehe you will probably find an ENFx who is cuter, and you'll be the happiest man alive!!! :D Everything happens at the right place at the right time. Trust me. :yes:

I hope you're right. Right now I do have feelings for another ENFx girl, although sadly I sense several factors prevent us from being together. :(

Anyways, I'll stop drifting this thread further. See people, this is why I love ENFXs. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hope you're right. Right now I do have feelings for another ENFx girl, although sadly I sense several factors prevent us from being together. :(

Anyways, I'll stop drifting this thread further. See people, this is why I love ENFXs. :D

Heh hehehehe! Yeah - I have to be so careful - I have an Ne that loves to run haywire. But I figure I can justify being off topic - because it provides spontaneous insight into my character. *ahem* Yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Why don't you tell her how you feel??? I mean, not in a torrent, but just sort of give a little hint or something. Maybe she feels the same way!!! :) You never know. Or are there serious problems or conflicts keeping you from saying something?

S

Sniffles

Well her birthday is coming up soon, and I'm planning on sending her a special message. Especially since it's been several months since we last spoke to each other(long story), and I certainly plan on telling her she remains in my thoughts and prayers, and how she has a special place in my heart. Something along those lines. :)

But yes, there are some several serious issues which would make a relationship difficult.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well her birthday is coming up soon, and I'm planning on sending her a special message. Especially since it's been several months since we last spoke to each other(long story), and I certainly plan on telling her she remains in my thoughts and prayers, and how she has a special place in my heart. Something along those lines. :)

But yes, there are some several serious issues which would make a relationship difficult.

Awww, that's really a shame especially since your heart gets set on a person. But never give up hope!!! :)

I think it's a good idea to wish her a happy birthday and send her a sweet message. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Even if a romantic relationship can't work out, everyone can use a genuine friend, right? :D

S

Sniffles

I think it's a good idea to wish her a happy birthday and send her a sweet message. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Even if a romantic relationship can't work out, everyone can use a genuine friend, right? :D

Of course. When I first met her, her boyfriend dumped her. Naturally she was upset, but I consoled her by saying that she lost a boyfriend but gained a friend who cared deeply about her.

I even prayed to Our Lady of Sorrows to console her. She's isn't Catholic, but was touched when I told her about that.

I'll never forget my first conversation with her, my blushing was so uncontrollable - my face even hurted. :wubbie:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course. When I first met her, her boyfriend dumped her. Naturally she was upset, but I consoled her by saying that she lost a boyfriend but gained a friend who cared deeply about her.

I even prayed to Our Lady of Sorrows to console her. She's isn't Catholic, but was touched when I told her about that.

I'll never forget my first conversation with her, my blushing was so uncontrollable - my face even hurted. :wubbie:

Awww :) That's really sweet of you to do that for her.

Hmm....well....I'm a firm believer that everything happens at the right time. So things will turn out - just they hardly ever turn out as we expect.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe typing myself as a child will help clarify matters. I've bolded the important stuff for people who cannot pay attention that long.

1. School: Up to the age of 8, I did not pay much attention. Of course, I followed the rules as long as they made sense, and I did not want to catch hell at home. I kind of chit-chatted with one or two friends.

After the age of 8, I saw school as a huge mental competition with others: Social interaction did not interest me. I wanted to see who was the most capable, and I put my best effort into getting the highest grades possible, which generally came naturally to me with the exception of math, which was always my nemesis. (I HATE MATH!)

With regard to learning, I was very structured. I did my homework every night (with little intermissions to act crazy and rejuvenate) and basically handed in my homework assignments on time.

However, I was often absent-minded and forgot my homework at home. (GAHHH!) In addition, I would forget to bring in signed report cards, permission slips, reports, etc. I did not want to upset anyone. I just forgot it.

Whenever we had tests, I was annoying and always asked, "What did you get? What did you get?" Of course, I pretended but the real reason was that I wanted to know if I had the best mark, and if I did not, I would berate myself and force myself to study harder next time. The one exception: MATH. Although I was unhappy that I hovered around the B/C range, I knew there was no point in investing more time. If I did not get the highest grade in LANGUAGES, I would berate myself til the cows came home.

2. People/expression: Until the age of 8, I had 2-4 friends I always hung out with. After that, I became a hermit until the age of 20 or so. Weird.

Anyway, I was extremely nervous and shy around others. In class, I hardly spoke above a whisper in high school. Often my teachers got annoyed and asked me to speak louder. It was kind of weird, but I was so afraid of making a mistake that I only wanted the teacher and I to hear it if I did. Usually I was right, though, which was the ironic thing.

The one exception: Debates. During debates about things I enjoyed, I became loud and passionate, which would shock the HELL out of my teachers and classmates. It was as if they thought, "Holy crap, she does have a voice." Some were so shocked that they came and told me so afterwards, although these same people usually pretended that I did not exist. I would research a great deal, prepare myself with copious notes, went over them in my head, and destroyed the opposition. I loved taking the side that had the least support because it held the greatest challenge, and allowed me to sort of take control. Great example: Debate Gore v. Perot 1993 (or 1994, something like that) about NAFTA. 95% of the class was in favor of Gore. I was not - only I and one other student. So we were a powerhouse, as the other person was also very bright. We shook the other side to its foundations and in the space of 20 minutes convinced 2 others that we were right!!!

Other exception: Public speaking/acting. When I was prepared and spoke publicly, I did so with a great deal of passion and enthusiasm. It also shocked people, as this was not my normal tendency. Lectoring, drama, etc. were very interesting for me as an outlet for expression.

Family: Get-togethers. Ewww. A bunch of adults talking about lots of stuff, and I'm the only child. So they look at you as a child. I hate that. So I had to adapt into an adult in my expression so that people would take me seriously. It shocked my peers that I had such a command of language and vocabulary.

While interacting with some people in a teenage group at the age of 12, I confided that I felt like an 'alien', and that I could not relate to anyone, and I would really like people to explain WHY that is. Some older teenagers said, "Well, you're weird. You're, like, really smart, and you use vocabulary we do not understand. And you're 12. It's just....weird....You don't do anything normal kids and teenagers like, so there's nothing in common to talk to you about. You don't like dating. You don't like clothes. You don't like cars. You don't watch TV, listen to real music, or watch movies. You just read weird books, knit, and talk about weird stuff. It's like you're 80 or something - like you come from another time. And then, whenever you realize that, you get haughty and arrogant, and you're just not approachable." I never forgot that. It made me feel strange and ashamed.

3. Dating: I did not have anything to do with guys until I was 20 years old. I had no interest, and I did not want to be 'distracted from more important things.' I was cold, off-putting, and flat-out rejected guys who asked me out, even if I was attracted to them. I never admitted it if I was attracted to someone because that would be admitting weakness. Many people thought I was asexual during my pre-teen and teenage years, although I had a bunch of passion boiling inside, I kept it under tight control. My first kiss was at 19 or 20, so you can imagine I did not do anything else in that direction either.

4. Values: Since I grew up in a lower-middle class, strict Irish Roman Catholic family comprising of my grandparents (EXFJ and XNTP) and my aunt (INFP) and no siblings, I was raised with STRICT RELIGIOUS values. I was pretty much the only one of my generation in the family. My grandmother drilled me on how to react to people who screwed around with my values, to which I rolled my eyes at the time. My grandfather usually came up with crude phrases like, "Don't let a man use you as his garbage can," to which I would respond, "Ewwww!" If I swore, I was dead. So I did not swear AT ALL until I was around 20 or so. In fact, one dude asked me, "Would you swear if I gave you a dollar," to which I looked haughty, held my head up high, and said, "What do you hold me for, anyway??? There are more important things than money," to which he responded, "Eh, what about 10?" I got up indignantly and went away. I hated people who went to a CATHOLIC school and did not even know how church went "Dumb asses." or did not know the hymns "Idiots!"

Another thing I couldn't stand was an idiot. People who did not remember what we did from one class to another confounded me. People who could not make connections between classes and subjects confounded me as well.

On the other hand, I had a great deal of understanding for people who wanted to get it but couldn't. I often chocked that up to bad teaching and helped anyone who genuinely wanted to learn. But first I always asked, "Do you WANT to do this? We will have to invest a lot of time and effort, so I am happy to work with you if you WANT this. If not, there is no point." (Not always so direct, but you get the point).

I couldn't stand sexually promiscuous people - they disgusted me. These flamboyant types who always partied and went to clubs and had sex all the time with guys and talked about their experiences. BLEH. The one exception: If people needed to talk to someone, I was more understanding. That was because I figured they are going through a rough time and need someone. But people who just bragged about such things were nil in my book.

Materialistic types also pissed me off. These long nails for $100 dollars. Expensive, fast cars. Sports. Sex. Drugs. Rock 'n' roll. What was the point?

5. Interests: Huge interest number 1: Reading. I loved reading. Ramona was a big favorite as a little girl. Before I went to bed as a really young girl, I wanted a story read to me. If someone skipped a page or made a mistake, I promptly corrected him/her. I learned reading quickly, although I was very bad at inference and spitting back what I read on command when I did not choose the reading myself. I could, but I did not always focus well enough. That took a lot of effort on my part unless I CHOSE what I wanted to read. Then I retained everything, but I had to have a vested interest, or screw it.

Once I turned 12-13, my reading interests matured into language books, where I started avidly teaching myself different languages (I realized later that I got this from my maternal grandfather who did the same thing despite his 8th grade education), religious books (books by St. Augustine, Brother Lawrence, St. Theresa of Avila, St. Theresa aka 'The Little Flower of Jesus', etc. were always lying around), as well as more philosophical/religious books on contemplation, sacrifice, etc. I remember being around 10 or 12 and reading a 500 page book on St. John (can't remember the name) and I always begged my family "Just one more page. Just one more minute." LOL

Later on 12-19, I gave up religious reading and focused more on my core interests, history, language, and politics. (This was also in my early teenage years).

I was not a big fan of movies, as I found it very hard to focus on plot and things when I was watching movies. I could not follow the plot. It was weird. Like I needed a plot summary every once in a while to follow. So I did not like it as much. Some exceptions: Star Trek series, Waltons and Zorro, which I watched with my grandfather. My grandmother would spy on us every now and again to make sure the content was okay (GAHHH!) Besides my family would always say, "Would you rather we bought you 3 books or we went to see one movie?" No contest.

WWII was always a beloved subject, which my poor EXFJ grandmother could not understand. "Why do you always read war books? Can't you read something a little bit more uplifting? "Eh, I like them."

Knitting, crocheting, embroidery, etc. was always a cool pasttime. I made a blanket for my cat, which she LOVED hahaha. I made 19th century costumes for dolls.

LOVED public speaking and drama - it was an outlet for a lot of built up energy, passion, and feeling that I did not allow myself to express. A lot of times my throat would hurt afterwards because I was not USED to speaking like that (that much, that loud, etc.) But my passion was convincing. I spoke to an audience to earn money for our school, and they had the highest return that year. I loved lectoring at church. I started when I was 12 or so... at the kid's mass. Later I did it at the adult's mass. Loved it. Couldn't stand people who did not know how to do it RIGHT. DAMN IT DO IT RIGHT, I always thought. *alert buzzer* Wrong intonation *alert buzzer* Speaking too fast and not clearly *alert buzzer* What the hell are you trying to say? lol

I won a lot of public speaking and poetry contests.

Sports was always a no-go for me. I was totally uncoordinated, afraid of the ball (yeah, I was one of those annoying girls who would put her hand up in front of her face when the ball came too close). It did not help that I had zero depth-perception or spatial skills AND could not react well to sudden things, like flying balls. I always thought, "Can't you all play and let me grab my book and sit on the rock over there. Really! I don't mind." All this exercise bull....gah! I couldn't do it anyway. Why show my ineptitude for all to see...Have fun, have a blast, and let me have fun in my own way. Dumb asses.

Cross-country skiing was one exception. I could do it alone; it did not require a lot of coordination as compared with other sports, and if I fell, no one cared; and it was slow enough to allow me to get the hang of it, enjoy nature, and just let me be.

Irish dancing was another exception. You only had to coordinate your legs. I could handle that. And it was fun, not SPORTS or EXERCISE. And I didn't have to associate with people that much. I could concentrate on my thing. That was good. I liked it before it was popular - and most people thought it was 'strange.' Cool kids danced jazz, tap, and ballet - not IRISH DANCING.

I'm sure there's more, but you get the picture. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear or if you need (more???) information.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Si exposition with a seemingly Te viewpoint on events and happenings. And a history of being a perceiver.

Every young ENFP I know can be seen quite clearly acquiring enough information to come to a conclusion and then actively avoiding stating that conclusion. Using Ne+Te alone makes then not just dumb, but liable to be easily hurt at being called dumb.

It's a pain in the ass, like a tripwire they set to catch people.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Si exposition with a seemingly Te viewpoint on events and happenings. And a history of being a perceiver.

Every young ENFP I know can be seen quite clearly acquiring enough information to come to a conclusion and then actively avoiding stating that conclusion. Using Ne+Te alone makes then not just dumb, but liable to be easily hurt at being called dumb.

It's a pain in the ass, like a tripwire they set to catch people.

Which means....? I'm a dumb ass? lol Okay....I can deal with that. A bit more specific would be nice, though.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something important:

Often, I would definitely think and plan stuff way in advance. I would plan what I wanted to study in grade school, for example. I would think about college and graduate school in high school....

Te really dominated my existence for the first 20 years of my life or so...Everything was organized with one big exception: I would go on fits and spurts with regard to my room. Extremely organized, extremely messy, extreme clean out, extremely organized, extremely messy, extreme clean-out.....

I would say my whole life I've been struggling with the concept of balance. I'm very extreme in everything....Overwhelming for everyone including myself.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
In my opinion, your judging functions were clearly always Fi Te and your perceiving functions Ne Si, and they ranged themselves over time in order closest to ENFP (2. closest INFP - both your Ne and Fi sound VERY strong to me). You sound like a very intelligent and versatile ENFP to me, more "extraverted" in their range of interests and ideas than human interactions. I've met at least one ENFP that kind of reminds me of you, and she's indeed quite "specific" because she's more "academic" (and "moderate", in sense of not being such a "natural disaster" ;) ) compared to other ENFP females I know. (And the only subject she hates is Maths!;) ) One of the random details that brings me to ENFP is the fact you "couldn't stand idiots in classes" with such a passion (in my experience, INPs find it equally annoying, but they're usually not so expressive about it - they don't feel so much need to openly vent about it, though this might be too much of a generalization). Another detail I find more ENFP than INFP is the part where you say you "couldn't follow the plot" in movies. I've seen this happening to a lot of ENFPs I know (might be too much Ne or something). Overall, I'd definitely say ENFP, albeit with very strong values and some rather 'IF' quirks (your upbringing played a huge role there though, I'd guess).

And by the way, it was a great description.:)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my opinion, your judging functions were clearly always Fi Te and your perceiving functions Ne Si, and they ranged themselves over time in order closest to ENFP (2. closest INFP - both your Ne and Fi sound VERY strong to me). You sound like a very intelligent and versatile ENFP to me, more "extraverted" in their range of interests and ideas than human interactions. I've met at least one ENFP that kind of reminds me of you, and she's indeed quite "specific" because she's more "academic" (and "moderate", in sense of not being such a "natural disaster" ;) ) compared to other ENFP females I know. (And the only subject she hates is Maths!;) ) One of the random details that brings me to ENFP is the fact you "couldn't stand idiots in classes" with such a passion (in my experience, INPs find it equally annoying, but they're usually not so expressive about it - they don't feel so much need to openly vent about it, though this might be too much of a generalization). Another detail I find more ENFP than INFP is the part where you say you "couldn't follow the plot" in movies. I've seen this happening to a lot of ENFPs I know (might be too much Ne or something). Overall, I'd definitely say ENFP, albeit with very strong values and some rather 'IF' quirks (your upbringing played a huge role there though, I'd guess).

And by the way, it was a great description.:)

Wow, those provide some very interesting correlations, I must say. You're right I think...my quirks could very well be accounted for by education and upbringing perhaps. :)

It just seems so strange that Te would be so dominant earlier in life...why would an ENFP be so....quiet and like a hermit??? On the other hand, I do not know if INFP really fits, either, because that would mean Te would be my nemesis, and it isn't. If it's not my helper, it's definitely at least my relief function. (Under stress, to clear things out....To redefine, to clarify, to organize....and it makes me feel relieved, quite literally).

EDIT: By the way, you make a very good point with the ENFP v. INT perspective with stupidity:

LL: "GAHHHHH!!!!! These kids in class are driving me nuts!!!!! They don't know anything, hold the rest of us back, and it's driving me crazy. Imagine what we could accomplish if the others weren't here. DUMB ASSES! Nincompoops!!! FOOLISH IDIOTS!!!!!!"

Husband (INTP): *sigh* "These people are idiots. There's no point in class. I'm staying home and reading by myself because I learn more that way. You cannot educate stupid people, so there's no point in school. Just coast along because I know more than the teacher anyway."

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
ISTP.

It's the only real way to explain how Te could dominate your childhood.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP.

Wait, ISTP? Are you sure???? Se/Ti combo? Perhaps I should explain a few more elements to illustrate why I think this combination is highly unlikely:

a) As a child/teenager, I was very bad at noticing things around me, especially details. The seasons would change, and I would hardly notice, until one day I went out and it snowed. Christmas would creep up on me. If people did not show me external things, I was oblivious (which irritated my EXFJ grandmother: "Look at the beautiful garden, the flowers." Response: *staring deep into book*: "Yeah, right." LOL)

Even now, I find it very difficult to remember details and notice things. Husband: "Look at the tree there?" "Where?" "There, look!" "Huh, where?" "DUH; THERE LOOK RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" "Oh, yeah, right, um...what?" "Look at the leaves changing!" "Oh, right, yeah, pretty!" Makes me feel like a retard, but I promise I'm not that dull with everything.

I wouldn't dress appropriately either. Neither do I have a sense of style nor do I have a sense of what is appropriate for a given weather condition or occasion. It's quite embarrassing :blush:.

It's awful, I cannot even drive. I have terrible reflexes, and I lapse into daydreams where I do not pay attention and almost crash the car. Miss red lights, traffic signs, yeah, I'm not proud of it - it's quite nerve-wracking and embarrassing really. I've been trying my very best to train these skills and become better, but combined with terrible depth-perception and awful spatial skills, driving is an absolute no-go if I want to stay alive to my 30th birthday.

b) Ti isn't bad, but I do not know if I have what it takes for it to be my primary function. But it's one of my lowest functions....I'm not really sure how it works, though, so maybe my understanding is not appropriate.

I have a very strange function result. My strongest functions are all extraverted. My weakest are all introverted. This probably explains my perpetual struggle to find balance in life. I struggle a great deal with extremity.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even my enneagram is bizarre 1 and 3 tied for first place; 2, 5, and 8 tied for second place.

Am I just crazy???

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyway using VagrantFarce's interesting prototype thingy, I shall proceed to rate preferences in my childhood (because his idea is easiest and the most concise):

In order from easiest to most difficult, these were my preferences as a child:

Easy:

I can preconceive a goal (I understand this in the following way, "I can envision my goal, the end point, where I want to be").

I can take control of things (To reach the above-mentioned goal).

I can lead a life congruent to what I value (To make sure I'm not a monster while doing the above-mentioned things).

I can embrace new or unusual experiences (To find new, more efficient ways of achieving said goal, keeping in mind it is in sync with my values).

Difficult:

I can subject things to impersonal analysis (I can do this, but it is more difficult for me - takes more energy).

I can recall past experiences (being absent-minded, I was constantly forgetting little things, and even big things, to my dismay).

I can establish a rapport with others (I found this VERY difficult as a child).

I can notice and manipulate or deal with raw data (totally unaware of little things around me, though I could take advantages of opportunities I was alert to).

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
ISTP.

There's no way she's ever been an ISTP.:shock: This seems to me like putting too much credit to the function theories (which can very well be flawed) and ignoring the simple facts. If one's childhood is very organized, it might be very much due to upbringing and education; I was definitely more Te when I was little, because my INTJ mum used to be very demanding towards me, which subsequently rubbed on me as well because I didn't want to disappoint her - and myself. Actually, until I was about 10-11, besides dwelling in my little fantasy world I also used to be very bossy and arrogant, much more productive and ambitious than later, I loved making detailed lists of anything and big projects concerning my little gang of friends;). I think I had a good chance of becoming an STJ of sorts, but then I completely withdrew and became a very prominent INFP. My point being, having a very high level of organization early in life doesn't mean one can't gradually abandon it and become (still naturally) much more laid-back and flexible.

Little Linguist said:
a) As a child/teenager, I was very bad at noticing things around me, especially details. The seasons would change, and I would hardly notice, until one day I went out and it snowed. Christmas would creep up on me. If people did not show me external things, I was oblivious (which irritated my EXFJ grandmother: "Look at the beautiful garden, the flowers." Response: *staring deep into book*: "Yeah, right." LOL)

Even now, I find it very difficult to remember details and notice things. Husband: "Look at the tree there?" "Where?" "There, look!" "Huh, where?" "DUH; THERE LOOK RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" "Oh, yeah, right, um...what?" "Look at the leaves changing!" "Oh, right, yeah, pretty!" Makes me feel like a retard, but I promise I'm not that dull with everything.

I wouldn't dress appropriately either. Neither do I have a sense of style nor do I have a sense of what is appropriate for a given weather condition or occasion. It's quite embarrassing .

This sounds very much like me, and many other NPs I know.:) It is surely a good way how to drive my ISTJ boyfriend crazy.:doh::D

Little Linguist said:
Even my enneagram is bizarre 1 and 3 tied for first place; 2, 5, and 8 tied for second place.

Am I just crazy???

No, you're not crazy, you're just a very original and interesting human being.:) Personally, I don't give much credit to enneagram, because I'd have to be some weird hybrid between 4 and 9, and maybe 2, but maybe also some more aggressive type, which the theory doesn't allow, and so I don't allow the theory to enter my brain.;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My point being, having a very high level of organization early in life doesn't mean one can't gradually abandon it and become (still naturally) much more laid-back and flexible.

This statement is true. In the beginning of teaching public school, I kept copious notes, records, and everything (I was starting to look like an ESTJ I guess), and then as time progressed and I had a certain comfort level, I still kept organized and good notes and accurate records, but I was not quite so anal-retentive about everything. Te still plays a huge role, but not as much.

I shocked some test takers last Saturday with my financial planning, although they did not realize what it was. I was planning with a bunch of numbers, testing this, trying out that possibility, testing that, trying out that combination, but all they saw was the numbers. After that part of the test was finished, they saw a bunch of numbers and cross outs and lines and they said, "Whoa." I think they might have thought I was having a John Nash moment or something LOL.

Some examples of my organizational flip-outs as a child, so that you get my intention:

1. Planning for college, I mapped out four years of classes considering various majors and possibilities. In fact I was obsessed with this kind of planning all summer, and had a notebook comprised of notes where I would map out four years of college for: PoliSci/German double major Russian minor; Spanish/French double major, Russian minor; PoliSci/French double major, Russian minor; PoliSci/Spanish double major, Russian minor; PoliSci major German/Russian double minor; ... you get the idea. Map out: Semester 1, Semester 2, ... Classes: WXYZ, ABCD, blah blah

2. Room: After a period of time of neglecting my room, I would make major clean-out sessions, which comprised of throwing away all the garbage and unnecessary things, things I hadn't used in the past year, organizing the current things, such as books according to topic, largest to smallest, so that it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye and made sense. Each shelf had different contents. Clothes organized according to season, sub-organized according to type, sub-sub-organized according to color.

3. Clean-up after a meal: I was a mafia boss. EVERYONE OUT. I can't stand having three people in an area, and everyone doesn't know wtf everyone else is doing. So inefficient. OUT! OUT DAMN IT! OUT! Let me manage everything. And trust me, everything was spotless and perfect, with gleaming countertops and faucets and stove tops afterwards. AH. Much better.

4. Group work: Ugh. Bane of my existence. F-ing group work. 3/4 are lazy, and you cannot rely on them. Half the time, I just said, "Look give me everything and let me do it. You know you will get at least an A- that way." They looked at each other, rolled their eyes, nodded, and gave it to me. So they could chit-chat about boring shit, I would work, and they all got an A or A-. Everyone was happy.

etc.

This sounds very much like me, and many other NPs I know.:) It is surely a good way how to drive my ISTJ boyfriend crazy.:doh::D

Heh heh heh! :devil:

No, you're not crazy, you're just a very original and interesting human being.:) Personally, I don't give much credit to enneagram, because I'd have to be some weird hybrid between 4 and 9, and maybe 2, but maybe also some more aggressive type, which the theory doesn't allow, and so I don't allow the theory to enter my brain.;)

Agreed. However, I start feeling weird when I say: MBTI doesn't fit. Socionics doesn't fit. Enneagram doesn't fit. Hell, maybe *I* don't fit lol.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
*sigh*

ESFJ.

There's no other way to explain the absentmindedness.

See, the trouble with mocking (wait, I'll call it teasing) by proposing ridiculous types is you end up mocking (I mean, teasing) the type instead. And that's what can be so annoying about super-massive emphasis on Ne. The whole "I don't know, I don't know, but secretly I know, but I don't know" is a trial.

(Or am I just expecting everyone else to use Ni too? Probably.)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sigh*

ESFJ.

There's no other way to explain the absentmindedness.

Well, would you mind taking the time to explain how you got to that conclusion and how you now think Fe is my dominant function when I was a total LOSER with people as a kid? And especially after you thought Se/Ti was my combination before???

See, the trouble with mocking (wait, I'll call it teasing) by proposing ridiculous types is you end up mocking (I mean, teasing) the type instead. And that's what can be so annoying about super-massive emphasis on Ne. The whole "I don't know, I don't know, but secretly I know, but I don't know" is a trial.

Okay? Now you're just saying whatever comes to your mind to shut me up, or what? Look, I really value your opinion, but it sounds like you're just saying anything without really thinking about it because you do not want to invest the time! Well, then do not post anything and stop wasting my time.

No, I DO NOT know, or else I would not have invested so much time and energy into making all these posts. So please, either contribute something constructive or keep out.

(Or am I just expecting everyone else to use Ni too? Probably.)

Probably. Whatever. Post something that makes sense, or please refrain.