• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My gut tells me that you are probably an ENFJ..and from my experiences, most ENFJs have had almost a hidden Introverted side..but are truly Extroverts..so, there..that's my opinion.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My gut tells me that you are probably an ENFJ..and from my experiences, most ENFJs have had almost a hidden Introverted side..but are truly Extroverts..so, there..that's my opinion.

Interesting that you should say that - my Ni and Ne results were both very high and almost identical. I think it's hard to type someone like me who has very balanced results...

At the end of the day, I guess I went with ENFP but I'm open for other opinions if people have any. :D

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFJ seems to me more likely than ENFP.

Because I tend to be way too subjective, I asked my husband, who helped me. He made this analogy:

"When you have to make a decision, it takes you a loooooong time - at best. You sit and puzzle out the various options, and even WHEN you make a decision, you always question whether or not you made the right one.

Do you think there´s something like a right decision? What determines if a decision is right or wrong?

Js are not necessarily quickly in making all kinds of decisions, but with dominant Fe someone would normally be quick in making social and feeling-based judgements.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ seems to me more likely than ENFP.

Do you think there´s something like a right decision? What determines if a decision is right or wrong?

Js are not necessarily quickly in making all kinds of decisions, but with dominant Fe someone would normally be quick in making social and feeling-based judgements.

Yes, that is my problem - have I made the 'right' decision can mean two things:

- "Will this decision have positive or negative consequences in the future that may or may not have occurred if I had chosen the other decision?"

OR

- "Will this decision really bring about the best possible result?"

Usually, I know if a decision is in line with my values or not. That really is NOT a question for me. The question is the end result - would it have been better if I had chosen something else?

The end result may be related to a number of factors, including rather objective and subjective rationale.

I hope this helps. :huh:

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
I don´t see ENFPs as being so much concerned with making the right decision because ENFPs perceive the world as more floating and changing. In my experience it´s EFJs who see decision making as finalizing and not something you can easily change. That´s why they want to make sure that their decision is right, whereas ENFPs sometimes have problems to stick with their decisions.

Maybe I´m wrong but you sound like an ENFJ.;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don´t see ENFPs as being so much concerned with making the right decision because ENFPs perceive the world as more floating and changing. In my experience it´s EFJs who see decision making as finalizing and not something you can easily change. That´s why they want to make sure that their decision is right, whereas ENFPs sometimes have problems to stick with their decisions.

Maybe I´m wrong but you sound like an ENFJ.;)

Oh dear, what will everyone say if I turn into an ENFJ?!?!!? ;)

Na, just kidding.

But I would like to get down to the bottom of this, as I think it is important to have a better awareness of self.

Interestingly enough, when I printed a description of ENFJ (just for the hell of it to read) my husband read it and said, OMG - this is YOU!!!!

Maybe I should listen to it?

Any other ideas? From the people who have read my posts or chatted with me?

ENFP or ENFJ?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
there are big differences between an ENFP and ENFJ. i think out of all the extroverts, the ENFJ's need people the most. as i understand them, ENFJ's are friends with everyone but not best friends with almost anyone. they don't like exposing their deepest feelings. ENFP's are quite different, they need time to be by themselves despite being extroverted. it's not that they hate society of course but that they have to center themselves. ENFP's (well at least i) don't really have a problem showing emotions. we wear our hearts on our sleeves. o and of course, ENFJ's do their assignments 2 weeks before it's due and ENFP's do it the day after :p.

from what i read, you're quite willing to share yourself and seek understanding. i also don't think you're the 'always do things on time' type. so i say ENFP.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
there are big differences between an ENFP and ENFJ. i think out of all the extroverts, the ENFJ's need people the most. as i understand them, ENFJ's are friends with everyone but not best friends with almost anyone. they don't like exposing their deepest feelings. ENFP's are quite different, they need time to be by themselves despite being extroverted. it's not that they hate society of course but that they have to center themselves. ENFP's (well at least i) don't really have a problem showing emotions. we wear our hearts on our sleeves. o and of course, ENFJ's do their assignments 2 weeks before it's due and ENFP's do it the day after :p.

from what i read, you're quite willing to share yourself and seek understanding. i also don't think you're the 'always do things on time' type. so i say ENFP.

Yeah, I definitely need time to myself. After I read the descriptions about Fe, I tend to think that's not my cup of tea. Under stress, I even forget social conventions. I have to constantly remind myself when someone's birthday is and stuff, or else I forget. And if I don't care about the person, I totally forget. And if I do care about the person, I often forget. :doh: Geez, I even forget to do the most banal things half the time. :-/

Introverted Intuition seems really good as well....it's quite strong, so I do not know if it should play such a low position as in the ENFP. However, my Ne is DEFINITELY stronger. Much stronger.

Hmmmm...the one problem is that I am totally unaware of my environment half the time - anything that I do pick out is random and lucky, really. I don't know how many times I almost got run over by cars because I was in my own thoughts and just walked out onto the street. My husband bitches me out about that all the time and with good reason.

I'm also a spatial moron. Literally. Like I mentioned in other posts. I could not figure out what shape results from folding a paper eight times and cutting a triangle in the folded edge and then opening it up - not to save my life. I can't even judge distance properly. That's a big reason why I do not drive.

Can someone please explain to me how the same person can score consistently 98 and 99 percentile in verbal skills, 89-93 percentile in math but 15 percentile in spatial skills? Did I not eat enough carrots or something as a kid? Was I born with a spatial moron gene or what?

*sigh*

Yeah, hope this helps to determine a bit more about me....

S

Sniffles

Good and sort of weird stuff:
--Creative ideas and HUGE amounts of imagination
--Make other people feel "comfy" and loved unless angry
--Take my commitments (e.g. work, home) very seriously when I am fully engaged
--Fairly intelligent
--Talent with languages
--Expressive and love public speaking
--Can usually fit in with others
--Great teacher
--Can empathize - a bit too well - with how people feel
--Blends in with her environment
--Energetic and enthusiastic but also quiet and contempletive
--Great verbal skills
--Simplify complicated stuff, complicate simple stuff
--I love weird stuff!!!
--When I first meet people, I am quiet and totally reserved then bubbly and effervescent

Definately ENFP. *sigh* reading this list just reminded me of the one girl my heart beats for. :wubbie:

Seriously, can I hug and kiss you? :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definately ENFP. *sigh* reading this list just reminded me of the one girl my heart beats for. :wubbie:

Seriously, can I hug and kiss you? :)

A hug is okay. :hug: But if you kiss me, my husband will probably kick your ass. hehehe :blush:

S

Sniffles

You're married? Oh well in that case....fuck that! :tongue: j/k

Seriously, what's with me and married chicks?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tally

Okay, so far that makes:

ENFP: 4 votes

ENFJ: 2 votes

ENFx: 1 vote

Undecided: 2 votes (make that 3, because I'm not sure, either).

Anyone else care to give their opinion and input? I would really appreciate it because I'm still learning.

If you don't want to read all the other posts, I basically think both could fit me from descriptions and stuff. Have basically equal Fe and Fi. Strong Ne and fairly strong Ni. Hmm, that helps, huh? ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're married? Oh well in that case....fuck that! :tongue: j/k

Seriously, what's with me and married chicks?

Hey, I hug people all the time, especially friends - guys or girls. No worries. Hugs are cool. Kissing is a different ballpark, though ;).

S

Sniffles

Hey, I hug people all the time, especially friends - guys or girls. No worries. Hugs are cool. Kissing is a different ballpark, though ;).

Can I kiss you on the cheek? As for hugging, I can't remember the last time a girl hugged me who wasn't a family member. It's been a few months at least.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I kiss you on the cheek?

;) To quote Gone with the Wind,

"Can I really kiss you now?"
"On the forehead like a good brother."

Awww, hugs are good!!! I'm really a fan of hugs. Unfortunately Americans are so anal retentive about hugs that I'm afraid to give one - everyone thinks you are about to rape them or something.

And in Germany, everyone has too much of a pole up their ass to hug people.

Sometimes you just need a hug or need TO HUG, damn it. :( No one understands.

Well, at least my husband gives me a soft, gentle hug or a great, big bear hug when I need it. :D So I should be positive.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LMAO! Rep point headed your way my dear.

Very well, please accept my big Slavic bear hug :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

*knocked over* WOW!!! That's a biiiiiiiiiig bear hug for sure!!!!! My gosh, I'm so little but after that hug I'm about three inches shorter!!! hehe
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

HAH! One more hug!!!! :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A short ENFx girl? Damn can you possibly get any cuter? :redface:

I'm tall enough to handle it. ;)

hehehe Yup. Short and sweet. :) A little round around the edges, but hey - you can't have everything, right? Besides, who wants a square for a girl? :cool:

Hehe you will probably find an ENFx who is cuter, and you'll be the happiest man alive!!! :D Everything happens at the right place at the right time. Trust me. :yes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, so anyway - hmmm, still thinking about this ENFP, ENFJ, ENFX thing. I wish I could just find out....gahhhhh not knowing is driving me crazy.

Whoa, that's totally illogical. Why am I taking this so seriously?

Ahhh, I think it's because I'm just so curious, like the kitten in the picture (avatar).

<----Over there

I love that picture - thanks Jack Flak. You might be a crazy guy, but you sure can hit the nail on the head when it's important!!! :yes: