• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Somehow I have problems making decisions, so I feel a definite need to make any decision just to decide. :blush:

Do you feel better once a decision is made or do you feel unsettled or closed in - like you still want to weigh other options?

I'm asking because this tends to be a difference between P & J.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you feel better once a decision is made or do you feel unsettled or closed in - like you still want to weigh other options?

I'm asking because this tends to be a difference between P & J.

Because I tend to be way too subjective, I asked my husband, who helped me. He made this analogy:

"When you have to make a decision, it takes you a loooooong time - at best. You sit and puzzle out the various options, and even WHEN you make a decision, you always question whether or not you made the right one.

"At worst, the situation is like this. You get to a crossroads, where you have to choose the left or the right road. Somehow, your instincts tell you to go left, but you do not listen. You are too caught up and excited about the chance to go to the right. After a few moments, you instinctively know that you made the wrong decision, but because you are so stubborn and excited, you continue to plough along although you *know* it is not right - until, of course, you get to a place where you are in the middle of a forest and it would be clear to everyone that you are definitely NOT going the right way - then you panic and whine and let out an absolute GUSH of EMOTION until someone brings you back down to earth. Then you know you can't go forward or back, because you do not have the ORIENTATION or SENSE to find the right way. Then, as if by magic, you SUDDENLY devinate exactly how to get to the correct road. But there is one problem - an insurmountable road-block. Then you use whatever extreme, fanatical measures necessary, no matter what the cost, to plough down and destroy the road-block. Then you get so caught up in destroying the road-block that you forgot you wanted to get to the right road. Then, I have to come, pick you up kicking and screaming :steam: to get you away from your crusade to destroy the road-block so that I can finally put you on the right road that I KNEW was right ALL ALONG. :party2:"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's an INTJ. Strangely enough, he actually thought I was an ESFJ too...maybe he WISHES I were. I'm way too indecisive, academically-oriented (loved languages and any subject except math [ewww] and got good grades), impractical (forget - because I do not like - to go shopping and clean the apt. and put yogurt that bursts in my €250 bag because I forget it), childlike (still play around with stuffed animals, childlike wonder, and watch Disney films) and imaginative (dreamy little gal - is she still alright?!?!) to be an ESFJ, though. ENFP fits me much better - especially that "Captain Wildchild flip switch" where people wonder "holy crap - is she on drugs?!" hehe. Also need time to myself once in a while to regroup. So ESFP is a total no-go: I cannot STAND parties and being a clown and the life of the show. I get energized when I am among people, but not in that setting. SHARING IDEAS and helping people develop and having intelligent conversations energizes me. Stupid small talk, hosting parties and birthdays and all that blah blah blah crap!!! just grrrrrrr - I do it to be nice and make people feel good, but I hate it.) :nice: Hope that helps.

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Awesome, Carolyn! So glad I could help! :smile:

You might be on to something by noting that some of the ENFJ profile might resonate with you since you are an NF with good use of Ni and Fe. But if ENFP is a better fit, then ENFP it most likely is. You can try reading around and finding more type descriptions to hone your assessment.

autumn

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would recommend going and looking for threads that discuss Fi vs Fe in the "NF Idyllic" Forum. Since you can't decide between Ni and Ne, maybe Fe and Fi will help you see the difference. (Sorry, if it weren't so late I would paste some links for you!) It's more than just a J/P difference; it changes what functions you actually use. Here are some links a DO have on hand:

- Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

- INFJ or INFP? a closer look (I know it's directed towards INFJs, but it deals mostly with Fe, which is your dominant function if you happen to be an ENFJ. ENFJs/INFJs actually share the same functions; just in different orders.)

- INFJ or INFP? a closer look (You said you liked weird stuff, so you might enjoy this. It worked for me; that's all I'm going to say!)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP It is!!

Hi everyone!

After having read all these fascinating site you provided (Keirsey, Berens), it is now clear to me - without a doubt - that I must be ENFP.

First, I am totally NOT a guardian. Oh dear lord, no!!! They are great people - do not get me wrong - but totally not me!!! Routine - BLEH!!! MC? Ya gotta be crazy. Life of the party? I think not. ESFJ - nope.

If you can believe it, the artisan was even more extreme. NO WAY?!?! Adventure freak - I think not! No talking - HELP!!! I love to discuss theoretical options. Linear thinking - only if going on a constant serious of tangents could somehow be construed "linear," which I am more disinclined to believe. Living in the moment - uh, only when I am in dream phase, and then I am so full of imagination and dreams that I do not think that is what they mean.

In a weird way, I empathize a BIT with rationals - especially the INTJ. Although this sounds weird, I was TOTALLY an INTJ in high school and college. Yes, yes, yes, I know you cannot CHANGE your type. But I was a total rational during that time. Never spending time with friends or family, just sitting in my classes debating with people, writing rational arguments, destroying the opposition, correcting other people's stupid shhhhh--uh, stuff. Yes, I had this stereotypical, well, academic/pedantic characteristic. However, I am not quite sure where it came from. I think it is because I BLEND in with my environment so well. So if I am in an academic area where everyone is so rational, fighting to get ahead, precise, and blah blah, blah, then I BECOME that way, which is why it is so important for me to be in a good environment. ANYWAY, I probably fought tooth and nail with "these feeling types" in college (muhahaha!!! :devil:).

This rational side totally comes out while I am editing - and sometimes when I am translating. It also rears its ugly head when I am learning new languages, when I can magically make associations among languages and learn new systems like a crazy nut. Grammar, for example.

But at the end of the day, I have to be honest and say - I am an IDEALIST. Completely. 1,000,000,000%!!! (As a rational, I never would have said that, but who cares?!!?) And not just ANY idealist - an ENFP. Well, I am just tooooooo Ne and toooooo indecisive to be anything else.

So there!!!

:) Thank you for all your help,

Carolyn :party2: (<-- By the way, don't you just love this little guy?!)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would recommend going and looking for threads that discuss Fi vs Fe in the "NF Idyllic" Forum. Since you can't decide between Ni and Ne, maybe Fe and Fi will help you see the difference. (Sorry, if it weren't so late I would paste some links for you!) It's more than just a J/P difference; it changes what functions you actually use. Here are some links a DO have on hand:

- Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

- INFJ or INFP? a closer look (I know it's directed towards INFJs, but it deals mostly with Fe, which is your dominant function if you happen to be an ENFJ. ENFJs/INFJs actually share the same functions; just in different orders.)

- INFJ or INFP? a closer look (You said you liked weird stuff, so you might enjoy this. It worked for me; that's all I'm going to say!)

Sweet! Thanks a lot! :nice:

The strange thing is that I exhibit a lot of Ne and Ni, but I am *fairly* certain that I exhibit more Ne, if I understand the concepts correctly.

I also think ENFP is a good match, because of the tertiary Extroverted Thinking. This would explain why I could relate to the INTJ so well in high school and college. Being surrounded by academia must have actively engaged my third function so much. (My guess?! I have no concrete proof.)

In addition, I think my ability to relate to many types is based on two factors:
--my type in itself
--the balance of all my functions (see my signature): If I do not have to take a stupid test that is polarized, I usually get a balanced result. I have taken four different tests so far, all with more or less the same result.

Thanks for the clarification, though! :smile:

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh, man...now I am really confused!!!!!

But the ENFP/ENFJ really fit me super well. I mean, okay, I read an example of the ESFJ, and I can see why you guys might think that fits, but I do not think so for the following reasons:

1) I am NOT practical. Or I will come up with weird, bizarre ideas.

2) In addition, I have a huge imagination.

3) I love abstract concepts - like spirituality, philosophy, and things like that.

4) I hate partying - not to mention hosting. Blah. I have to actively remind myself to remember someone's birthday or I totally forget. It does not come naturally.

5) My "helping" is not practical - it is more about people sharing their feelings. My husband is more the practical helper.

6) I kinda forget to clean my apartment sometimes. My head is full of other stuff. Oops.

7) Granted, I like structure and order, but I do not blindly follow authority. On the contrary - I am very skeptical about authority and always ask "why" (my favorite question as a kid).

8) When I do things to respect authority, it is not because I love rules and structure, but because I want the other person to feel okay and "like" me. If it is totally unreasonable, I will defend my beliefs.

Sounds like me except that i like partying but not hosting parties.
I also hate cooking which is quite an issue for a french female in the french society...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like me except that i like partying but not hosting parties.
I also hate cooking which is quite an issue for a french female in the french society...

Oh mannnn, I hate cooking, too. And cleaning!!! Which reminds me, I have to wash the laundry. DAMN!!! :steam:

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
We could get friends, I think. ;) We just would argue on who host the party!
Are you german or american by the way?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's pretty obvious to me that you're a classic ENTF...S...J...c...55...:coffee:...yeaaaaah.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeahhhhhhh that's what happens when you have a fairly good balance among all the traits hehe!!! :devil:
HEHE!!!

(I'm sorry that was to amuse myself, and it worked amazingly. Be happy. Anyway, I think you're ENFP, or possibly an intelligent ESFP, although they're rarely seen in the wild.)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HEHE!!!

(I'm sorry that was to amuse myself, and it worked amazingly. Be happy. Anyway, I think you're ENFP, or possibly an intelligent ESFP, although they're rarely seen in the wild.)

So that means I am intuitive or rare...:cool: Schweeet! :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kommen Sie aus Deutschland?

Ja, ich komme aus Deutschland. Ich bin geborene Amerikanerin, aber ich fühlte mich nicht so wohl und wollte immer nach Deutschland. Ich kann es nicht so gut erklären. Jedenfalls bin ich in 2004 nach Deutschland gekommen und habe Englisch am Gymnasium unterrichtet. Danach hatte ich eine kurze Pause, wobei ich in einer deutschen Firma gearbeitet habe. Das war aber nichts für mich. Beh!!!! Jetzt arbeite ich in einer privaten Sprachschule, wo ich Englisch unterrichte. Es ist doch mein Lebenselixir!!! Seitdem ich in Deutschland wohne, fühle ich mich super wohl und ich habe wirklich meine "Nische" gefunden. :D

Und du?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Nein. Ich komme aus Amerika, aber ich habe drei Semester Deutsch. Nicht so gut, aber ich habe Sie verstehen. Danke!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nein. Ich komme aus Amerika, aber ich habe drei Semester Deutsch. Nicht so gut, aber ich habe Sie verstehen. Danke!

Kein Thema!!! Viel Glück. Wir können mal gerne Deutsch sprechen, so dass du üben kannst. :)