• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
My dad took a test on "hummanetrics" sp? he tested INTJ, but only 1% on the thinking T scale. That is pretty low. The other scores fit.

The thing is he is very critical, very disorganized (at home, he is a packrat) doesnt like to through things away, yet in his work (a surgon) he is very meticlous, and when he comes home he is tired and he gives orders a lot, and just acts mad a mean. He's kinda OCD about things in general. My mom used to call him the dictator. LOL. Anyway. I thought he was an INTP the whole time, due to his hoarding and ocd thing, but I guess not.

Do any INTJ's or INFJ's have any opinions?
I read this quote on a personality page...
He could just have a very weak T?
" Like other INFJs, your workplace should be one of creatively and independence. You most likely have a natural affinity for art and the sciences, as well as being found in service orientated positions. You should avoid working with very detailed tasks, or else you be in the other extreme, where you are working so meticulously you cannot see the big picture and can be highly critical of others who are not being as meticulous."

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who cares? Your dad's officially friend zoned because he's a boring uggie nerd.
Have a nice day!

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
INTJ personality? not sure

I am trying to figure out if my dad is an INTJ. He took a test online (hummanetrics) and tested INTJ, but only tested 1% T, which is a low score.

He is not like other INTJ's i have met, but he is different that is for sure.
I always thought he was an INTP, then and ISTP, then INFJ???...

He is very functionaly, works hard at his job, and is meticulous at his work (a surgon) he doesn't like to talk a lot, at all, he likes to garden and do lawn work, on the weekends, he loves birds, and nature. He likes to stay at home and not travel. When want's something done he mainly gives orders, do this do that, and he has a temper, he gets upset a lot (not like a thinker would) he easily gets mad at things and has a controlling nature, but doesn't really care. He says, he doesn't care a lot. He says he want's others to be independent but he does a lot of "spoon feeding" in terms of telling people how they should do things the "right way" all the time. He's got some hoarding issues, in that he doesn't like to throw away things, like plastic bottles, objects, clothes, even, expired food, he will stretch everything out, and use out of junk. He will buy 5 pairs of the same pants if he likes them. The house is like a warehouse, things in the basement are collecting dust from 20 years ago. He is intelligent and smart, but at times, totally OCD, bossy, and will kill you if you touch his stuff.

He has good intentions and helps everyone, he supports a lot of his family members, and works very hard, and still takes care of a lot of people, in his extended family. It's just hard to be around him. He has mellowed a tiny bit.

Can any INTJ's relate? is this a symptom of having an inferior T function? Or just an unbalanced personality?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
why did somone move my thread...
and also, the uggies and nerdies comment. was about, people that I would friend zone. Someone who was really super ugie, and super nerdie. Why does that bother ya?
I am being honest.

How undiplomatic of my, how immature of me I guess, I'm supposed to be empathetic and caring of human needs all the time. (no one can do that 24/7) This is how I really feel. Not about all INTJ's some are attractive and freaking smart and awsome! Like my geology professor, was great but of course, he was engaged. He was totally sarcastic, and witty. I love INTJ's just not super butt ass ugies and nerdie antisocial people in general. ya dig-

EDIT:and he was HOT!

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Anyone have any ideas? INTJ? Sound familiar?
I'm feeling a bit discourage by the responses. But hey someone's butt hurts!

We can do better.

DO you think its possible for an INTJ to be the way I described. I keep feeling like he may have fudged the test results. Also, my brother and I are both NFP's where the heck did we come from. If my dad is INTJ and mom is ISTJ, wha?

I always thought he was an S, actually I never really knew him...
he doesn't like to talk about himself, and he hates to explain things, but he is very repetitive. Also he is from another country, so English is second, but loves to read and says he loves words...
When I try to develop a bond with him he gets distant, like I should already know about it. And he is very temperamental.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
INTx for sure. INTJs do have bad tempers...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Most of this including the pants thing sounds just like my INTJ dad

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
why did somone move my thread...
and also, the uggies and nerdies comment. was about, people that I would friend zone. Someone who was really super ugie, and super nerdie. Why does that bother ya?
I am being honest.

How undiplomatic of my, how immature of me I guess, I'm supposed to be empathetic and caring of human needs all the time. (no one can do that 24/7) This is how I really feel. Not about all INTJ's some are attractive and freaking smart and awsome! Like my geology professor, was great but of course, he was engaged. He was totally sarcastic, and witty. I love INTJ's just not super butt ass ugies and nerdie antisocial people in general. ya dig-

EDIT:and he was HOT!
*stares blankly at screen*

*laughs of bit*

I'm sorry, this post is hilarious, is/was it meant to be?!???!?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think your dad is INTX, because he sounds like me minus the gardenings and cr@p.

How do guys get out of the infamous "friendzone" that many of them dig themselves into?

The friendzone is an acidic pool that melts your soul....

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
I think he is an INTJ

because he loves to give directions when I'm doing something.
For example.
The kitchen is his domain, you better not mess with it, everything in its right place, and everything in a certain way. Their is a science to the way it is set up. Forks, knives, spoons, cups, the teflon cannt be touching so there are styrafoarm plates inbetween eachone so they dont scratch eacthother, (there could be a flowchart for the way the kitchen is set up) I won't go into too much detail.
He cannot relax in that kitchen, when he comes home, he takes over and starts cooking, he won't give up the reigns. And if I want to help, he will start giving step by step instructions on how to turn on the range, get the rice, rinse it, no like this, your doing it wrong, and get all aggravated, (and not a 6 year old) put it on the stove, do this, and he's showed me 15 times already. He's Mr. Redundant, in a nutshell. Constantly repeating himself, even when I say I get it. He can't help but give task orders. So everyone backs off, and just lets him do everything himself, alone, after a while.

When he cooks, he puts all the dishes in the sink and leaves them and watches tv and the whole kitchen is like a bomb went off, all these exotic plates bowls tools every items where used just for 3 people, and a little one. He makes such a mess and leaves it. And I, or the other ladies has to clean it up. He never cleans up, but he bitches about wanting a clean house?

I guess micromanage would be a good word to describe this. It creates feelings of dependence, and animosity in other people. which is bad.

I don't know if its absentmindedness or just single mindedness, nobody is perfect, at times he is running late, and getting lost, and the place is a mess, but he likes to have order, and often blames everyone else around him for it not happening. Which is kinda funny. If something of his is missing, it's my fault, or my mom's fault, or he will bring up the past (don't do that). He knows where everything is, apparently, so if its missing, someone must have touched it.

Its like he can give orders and dish it out, and can manage himself, be successful in work but her transfers that to relationships, and tries to manage. He has trouble relaxing and accepting help from others. He needs some really patient secretaries, and a maid. Love him anyway. Cause he is my dad, otherwise, omg.