• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have no type... help me

What type is Babylon Candle?

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is an accurate description of Ni? :thinking:

Don't you have a book on MBTI that has the functions in it? Can't you just read that? That Understanding Yourself and Others book?

VagrantFarce

Don't you have a book on MBTI that has the functions in it? Can't you just read that? That Understanding Yourself and Others book?

I think I just have a hard time getting my head around it and really pinning down what is actually going on when it's being used. Descriptions of Ni are always so "mysterious" and imprecise. :doh:

Jaguar

Fellas, I have suggested this a million times to people.
Functions of Type, written by Gary Hartzler.
You can get it on Amazon.

You won't have to wonder about Ni anymore. (Or any other function, for that matter.)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Babylon Candle, this may help you.

Which of these eight descriptions sounds the most like you?

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Babylon Candle, this may help you.

Which of these eight descriptions sounds the most like you?

infj

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

infp

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

intj
Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

intp
Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

enfp
Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

enfj
Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

entp
Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.

entj
Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

Well At first I was going to say that i didnt identify with any of them entirely. I think if these could be combined:

After I picked those out though, I was able to see "the types" they all referred too very quickly....fuck...and then the exercise was ruined for me. I feel like I basically adapt to whatever the environment requires of me (as long as its not a bar/drinking party).

If im leading summer camp: im the ENFJ
If im studying ochem 1st semester and I really want to learn: im the INTP
If im studying ochem 2nd semester and I dont really care: im the ESTP
If im in drama class sophmore year: im the ENXP
If im preparing for a big sports race: im the ENTJ
If im running an experiment (socially or physiologically): im the ENTP

If im in a class involving ethics where everyone wants to throw logic out the window: im the ENTX
If im in a class involving ethics where everyone wants to throw ethics out the window: im the XNFX
If im among a bunch a quiet loners at some event of new people: Im the E
If im the only new person among a bunch of loud and already cool friends people: Im the I
If im tired of being cooped up: ill go online and act ESFP
If im tired of pointless socializing: ill go inside my head and become sort sort of cynical NiTi

I sometimes feel like "I" don't really exist. Im just a passenger along for the ride. My thoughts just kind of come, and I get to view them, thats all. Both my good and my bad thoughts. My insightful and shallow ones. If I don't like how I'm thinking lately, then I have to go find enough sources of information (music/books/people/family/friends/etc) until whatever garbage in my head has hopefully been replaced. Then sometimes my thoughts start being good again...sometimes. If im around a certain environment long enough I may even start to feel like I own my own thoughts again! Before you know it, I'll even feel like I'm sure of myself! Like I know what i'm doing! Eventually though I end up having cynical paranoia about life in general. The people around me, the path im on, and just "everything". Like existential crisis combined with a feeling of being a social island (no matter how many people might actually like me).

Mondo, how did you ever reconcile the obvious conflicting parts of yourself? I see you have a similar inability to fit into the archetypes.

VagrantFarce

OK, I think it's time for some basic ground floor questions to get us on track somewhere:

• Do you feel more liberated in structured environments, or open-ended environments?
  • Do you see yourself as primarily imaginative or concrete?

B

brainheart

I know. The part about "you may feel smug" made me laugh. Like, is this a joke? The Fi one was cute, too: pick a mammal, any mammal (sleeping, feeding, this can include humans) and guess how it is feeling and what it needs.

I think she means that you may feel smug because there can be a certain initial power that comes with letting go of social conventions, symbols, especially if it's something you've never even considered before.

I mean yes, of course it's kind of a joke. She's asking you to play act the functions in a way that she thinks everyone can manage, just to get a 'feel' for it. Those of us who are more hands on benefit from stuff like this. I know I can read the multiple lists describing the functions and not learn something new; it all blends together and becomes indiscernable after awhile. So I find it refreshing that she's trying to find another way to explain it.

With the Fi (and the Ni)... what sort of activity would you have someone do? I suppose she figures most everyone has access to a mammal they'd like to study. I don't know... I do both of these examples all the time, automatically, so they seem like good examples of Fi to me.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, I think it's time for some basic ground floor questions to get us on track somewhere:

• Do you feel more liberated in structured environments, or open-ended environments?
  • Do you see yourself as primarily imaginative or concrete?

I feel the most comfortable in structured environments. I feel more comfortable when I have a reason to be somewhere. I like being in a class room because then I don't feel weird about showing enthusiasm for learning. I like structured social events, because then I dont feel weird about opening up and chatting up the other people. I like having an actual "performance" to prepare for (as opposed to just random theatrics). I like having an actual point to writing creatively (as opposed to just doing it on my own for no reason).

Ive played guitar for 8 years and Im very good. I only know about 4 guitar solo's by heart and maybe 3 entire songs (im good at the scales/improv/riffs over beats etc). why is this? because without an actual performance date, i'd feel like a tool trying to prepare for some event that doesnt even exist! its an example where i'd probably have been a very good musician if I had been given structure from an early age. Then again though, i feel very liberated when I play guitar. I can close my eyes and just go where ever my fingers want to. i can play whatever mood i want to. it can be sad, angry, mellow, neutral or just loud. I can play the same riff over and over and over again if i damn well please.

The moment i put the guitar down, all of this freedom no longer exists. Then i feel like i have to have an appropriate reason to feel okay about doing anything. Often though im told that this is almost a paranoia of what is expected of me and not some excellent social sense.

im just rambling now. normally id go back and turn those paragraphs into a retardedly simple list to make everyone more inclined to read it (if no one reads it I will get a sense that its because no one wanted to in the first place! id like to avoid that terrible feeling).

Am I imaginative or concrete? Id say im imaginative first. My environment has re-inforced that I have to have facts for everything, or else im a crazy nut job. probably the result of this god damn forum full of INTP deductive reasoning gone wild (no offense you wonderful INTPs :D).

B

brainheart

You know, the post you made before this last one had me thinking ISTP. This last one makes me think it even more so.

Or maybe ESTP.

VagrantFarce

so when interacting with others, are you more comfortable when social roles or procedures are defined beforehand? you wouldn't say that you feel comfortable in "open-ended" environments, where you're allowed to just follow your own interests with a lack of outer expectations? do you feel confined by deadlines, or liberated by them?

assuming that, do you think you're more interested in ensuring efficiency and structure in your environment, or are you more concerned with the social roles or expectations that people place on each other?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think she means that you may feel smug because there can be a certain initial power that comes with letting go of social conventions, symbols, especially if it's something you've never even considered before.

I mean yes, of course it's kind of a joke. She's asking you to play act the functions in a way that she thinks everyone can manage, just to get a 'feel' for it. Those of us who are more hands on benefit from stuff like this. I know I can read the multiple lists describing the functions and not learn something new; it all blends together and becomes indiscernable after awhile. So I find it refreshing that she's trying to find another way to explain it.

With the Fi (and the Ni)... what sort of activity would you have someone do? I suppose she figures most everyone has access to a mammal they'd like to study. I don't know... I do both of these examples all the time, automatically, so they seem like good examples of Fi to me.

They are good examples of Fi. I said I thought it was cute. It reminds me of all of the moments in my life when I've flinched at the very idea of an animal suffering. For some reason using the term "mammal (including humans)", though, just made it seem especially adorable and mildly humorous.

Just the smug thing with the Ni totally cracks me up. Still does - it seems like a unflinching dig at Ni doms, or maybe just toward Ns in general.

The list actually made me realize that I'm much more likely to do Te than Ti, though. The dot/pattern thing seemed like a blessed nightmare - I would never, ever do something like that by choice unless I would earn money or a grade. It really put Te and Ti in concrete terms for me, which is nice.

She did a good job with making the functions more tangible.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so when interacting with others, are you more comfortable when social roles or procedures are defined beforehand? you wouldn't say that you feel comfortable in "open-ended" environments, where you're allowed to just follow your own interests with a lack of outer expectations? do you feel confined by deadlines, or liberated by them?

I feel torn between structure and non structure. If I have no structure, then ill often settle into no structure and take the time to deeply understand some subject of my choosing. However, this eventually gives way to a feeling of being directionless. I then feel like a rebel without a cause, or a mentor without a troubled prodege.

Its then that I'll either invent a cause or get depressed (usaully this). Its for this cycle that i reason "i feel better knowing there is some structure". I dont feel comfortable when there is no big final push/test/benchmark/rallying cry/performance, because then I feel pointless.

Im not a natural for deadlines. I do however recognize my need for them in regarding schoolwork. In real life though, important stuff should be done NOW. (school =! real life). Deadlines dont liberate or hinder me. They are necessary to create the role of proliteriate when doing menial work or tedious school work. This is good because then you actually get that stuff done. Its bad though, cuz then it means that you're invariably doing tedious and menial work.

I would say that I like open environments as long as there is an expectation of what the results need to be. I tend to feel more in control if there is at least a mission statement/battle plan/strategy mapped out. I do not in the least feel like Im married to the battle plan. I do feel married to whatever mission statement I have subconsciously discovered. I do however like to have a plan if there is an important goal. If I cant find a real purpose to something, then Im apt to just fuck with the system and reverse engineer it by doing crazy isotonic stuff, "ill build an entire army of monks in order to "test" the reaction to monks!". I like playing chicken in that sort of way. How crazy are you willing to go to quickly cut half of the numbers out of the pick a number game?

assuming that, do you think you're more interested in ensuring efficiency and structure in your environment, or are you more concerned with the social roles or expectations that people place on each other?

Im extremely concerned about the social role that im playing. Im not good at knowing what role im playing or initiating a role with others. It does however tear me up inside freaking out about how ive fucked up my social role. I have a paranoid sense that people dont like me due to this lack of social role. Having a purpose to what im doing allows me to write in my role though. I think this is why lacking an MBTI bothers me so much: i feel like i have no where to fit in.

The efficiency aspect bothers me when I start projecting my self hate: "what the fuck are these idiots doing! god people are so dumb!" If im actually helping efficiency with others in mind, its because I sincerely care about bettering the people im helping though. If im improving efficiency for random reasons though, its usaully cuz i hate the world that moment and want to get the fuck home faster.

I have little interest in coaching athletes as little cogs of a machine. I do study the theories on technique and training on my own time to the level that I think an INTP would. I cannot however, maintain that outlook later when im actually working with the athlete. Then all of my efforts are directed because i want to build them up as people. Not because I think they are a toy i can perfect. Im not Dr House.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you're an xNFP with developed Te.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
When in doubt, XXXX.

Because, let's face it, we're getting a lot of different answers here. With a tongue in my cheek we take this shit too seriously.

VagrantFarce

Im extremely concerned about the social role that im playing. Im not good at knowing what role im playing or initiating a role with others. It does however tear me up inside freaking out about how ive fucked up my social role. I have a paranoid sense that people dont like me due to this lack of social role. Having a purpose to what im doing allows me to write in my role though. I think this is why lacking an MBTI bothers me so much: i feel like i have no where to fit in.

The efficiency aspect bothers me when I start projecting my self hate: "what the fuck are these idiots doing! god people are so dumb!" If im actually helping efficiency with others in mind, its because I sincerely care about bettering the people im helping though. If im improving efficiency for random reasons though, its usaully cuz i hate the world that moment and want to get the fuck home faster.

I have little interest in coaching athletes as little cogs of a machine. I do study the theories on technique and training on my own time to the level that I think an INTP would. I cannot however, maintain that outlook later when im actually working with the athlete. Then all of my efforts are directed because i want to build them up as people. Not because I think they are a toy i can perfect. Im not Dr House.

Well, I guess we can settle on Fe/Ti as opposed to Te/Fi. That's something at least :)

That narrows it down to:

INFJ
ENFJ
ISFJ
ESFJ
ISTP
ESTP
INTP
ENTP

Check out this thread to see if you can narrow it down some more:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html

B

brainheart

They are good examples of Fi. I said I thought it was cute. It reminds me of all of the moments in my life when I've flinched at the very idea of an animal suffering. For some reason using the term "mammal (including humans)", though, just made it seem especially adorable and mildly humorous.

Just the smug thing with the Ni totally cracks me up. Still does - it seems like a unflinching dig at Ni doms, or maybe just toward Ns in general.

Okay, I thought you meant cute in a derogatory way.

As far as Ni, she says you may feel smug at first, but stick at it until you feel a sense of freedom. To me that means when it is an inferior function it will make you feel smug, but the more skilled you are at it- which you would be if you were Ni dom- you aren't going to feel smug; instead you will feel free. So to me it doesn't seem like a dig at all, but a compliment.

B

brainheart

I feel torn between structure and non structure. If I have no structure, then ill often settle into no structure and take the time to deeply understand some subject of my choosing. However, this eventually gives way to a feeling of being directionless. I then feel like a rebel without a cause, or a mentor without a troubled prodege.

Its then that I'll either invent a cause or get depressed (usaully this). Its for this cycle that i reason "i feel better knowing there is some structure". I dont feel comfortable when there is no big final push/test/benchmark/rallying cry/performance, because then I feel pointless.

Im not a natural for deadlines. I do however recognize my need for them in regarding schoolwork. In real life though, important stuff should be done NOW. (school =! real life). Deadlines dont liberate or hinder me. They are necessary to create the role of proliteriate when doing menial work or tedious school work. This is good because then you actually get that stuff done. Its bad though, cuz then it means that you're invariably doing tedious and menial work.

This is very P, as far as I'm concerned.

I would say that I like open environments as long as there is an expectation of what the results need to be. I tend to feel more in control if there is at least a mission statement/battle plan/strategy mapped out. I do not in the least feel like Im married to the battle plan. I do feel married to whatever mission statement I have subconsciously discovered. I do however like to have a plan if there is an important goal. If I cant find a real purpose to something, then Im apt to just fuck with the system and reverse engineer it by doing crazy isotonic stuff, "ill build an entire army of monks in order to "test" the reaction to monks!". I like playing chicken in that sort of way. How crazy are you willing to go to quickly cut half of the numbers out of the pick a number game?

Ni, it seems, coupled with some sort of T

inferior Fe

Ti, Ni, Fe

Ti, Se, Fe, Ni

I'm going with ISTP/ESTP or INTJ/ENTJ, but still leaning toward what I already said, mainly because like vagrant farce said, I see way more Fe than Fi, but it is definitely more of a tertiary or inferior function, it seems.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well At first I was going to say that i didnt identify with any of them entirely. I think if these could be combined:

After I picked those out though, I was able to see "the types" they all referred too very quickly....fuck...and then the exercise was ruined for me. I feel like I basically adapt to whatever the environment requires of me (as long as its not a bar/drinking party).

If im leading summer camp: im the ENFJ
If im studying ochem 1st semester and I really want to learn: im the INTP
If im studying ochem 2nd semester and I dont really care: im the ESTP
If im in drama class sophmore year: im the ENXP
If im preparing for a big sports race: im the ENTJ
If im running an experiment (socially or physiologically): im the ENTP

If im in a class involving ethics where everyone wants to throw logic out the window: im the ENTX
If im in a class involving ethics where everyone wants to throw ethics out the window: im the XNFX
If im among a bunch a quiet loners at some event of new people: Im the E
If im the only new person among a bunch of loud and already cool friends people: Im the I
If im tired of being cooped up: ill go online and act ESFP
If im tired of pointless socializing: ill go inside my head and become sort sort of cynical NiTi

I sometimes feel like "I" don't really exist. Im just a passenger along for the ride. My thoughts just kind of come, and I get to view them, thats all. Both my good and my bad thoughts. My insightful and shallow ones. If I don't like how I'm thinking lately, then I have to go find enough sources of information (music/books/people/family/friends/etc) until whatever garbage in my head has hopefully been replaced. Then sometimes my thoughts start being good again...sometimes. If im around a certain environment long enough I may even start to feel like I own my own thoughts again! Before you know it, I'll even feel like I'm sure of myself! Like I know what i'm doing! Eventually though I end up having cynical paranoia about life in general. The people around me, the path im on, and just "everything". Like existential crisis combined with a feeling of being a social island (no matter how many people might actually like me).

Mondo, how did you ever reconcile the obvious conflicting parts of yourself? I see you have a similar inability to fit into the archetypes.

Interesting question. I had to get rid of some misconceptions about certain preferences, particularly with the Thinking/Feeling dichotomy. I consider myself to be sympathetic and compassionate by nature but I am not one to act on my emotions often. I always try to do what is most reasonable thinking that will benefit those I care for in the long run- even if I may offend a person or two once in a while. My views on the world are also not very NF-ish. I would choose knowledge over harmony without a doubt.

Finally.. if I would have any Feeling function it would be Fe over Fi. It isn't really a wisened, confident Fi rather it is a spontaneous and passionate Fe..not really particularly developed compared to Ti.

As for the Introversion/Extraversion dichotomy, I know that my energy comes from the outside world. However, that doesn't change the fact that I have loner-ish tendencies. I don't seek alone time to recharge, I seek alone time to pursue my hobbies- which often interest me more than the people around me.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I guess we can settle on Fe/Ti as opposed to Te/Fi. That's something at least :)

That narrows it down to:

INFJ
ENFJ
ISFJ
ESFJ
ISTP
ESTP
INTP
ENTP

Check out this thread to see if you can narrow it down some more:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html

The 4 temperaments (as Linda Berens and David Kiersey define them) are:

* Artisan/Improviser (Concrete and Pragmatic): Want the freedom to choose the next act. Seek to have impact, to get results. Want to be graceful, bold, and impressive. (ISFP, ISTP, ESFP, ESTP)

I gladly give up freedom to act if its traded for responsibility/being part of something meaningful. If something doesnt give me a sense of responsibility/meaning, then I will have no problem just leaving and going on my own.

* Guardian/Stabiliser (Concrete and Affiliative): Want to fit in, to have membership. Hunger for responsibility, accountability, and predictability. Tend to be generous, to serve, and to do their duty. (ISFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ESTJ)

I dont ever think of myself as "serving" like in the sense of duty. Its more like I'm compelled to act a certain way. I never think, "this is my duty". I desire membership. however, I desire membership that I feel equally at the source of. If I feel like im getting lost in the crowd, then I again feel meaningless. I cant just 'serve' or be a member.

* Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative): Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathetic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. (INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ)

I seek identity and meaning. I however can only ever see meaning in relation to others. My actions may be that of a lone wolf SP, but I validate or dis-validate myself based on my relationships (or lack of them). I think F can be negative as well as positive. It just happens to be that most of mine are negative. Like when i finish a videogame, i feel like ive wasted valuable time. I think, "what does this mean? ive just spent two hours conquering some stupid hoop jumping that doest mean anything for anyone!". Ironically though, i can watch hours of late night TV and not feel like i've wasted valuable time. Maybe its just that whenever im putting in lots of effort, i want to know that someone thinks this is a good idea (benevolent).

* Rational/Theorist (Abstract and Pragmatic): Want knowledge and to be competent, to achieve mastery. Seek expertise to understand how the world and things in it work. (INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ)

I seek mastery and competence when it is something to be valued. I hated being tossed around by religious thinkers in debates. I didnt like how they forced being a cog in the wheel down our throats. I just couldnt look around
and see everyone as mere actors in someone elses play. I then put myself to
study. I went to the library/online-used-books and read up on the 'history of
philosophy', logic, religion, atheism, agnosticism, ethics and world views. I never did reach 'mastery', because i eventually reached a point of "good enough", where I knew I could do what I set out to do. I didnt have an answer, but it didnt matter. I no longer felt like I had to sit back and accept that myself and everyone around me only has two choices: nihilism or unknown-master-worship.

I guess that would make me either a really feely and high minded SP, a rebellious SJ, an NF hating NF, or a mercenary NT. Dammit, that probably makes me NF. Fuck.

In reference to abstract/concrete: Ive been accused of being overly concrete on here. I think this is learned behavior (overcompensation if you will).
In reference to affiliative/pragmatic: Im not really either one. In the results sense im neither a super acomplished pragmatist or affiliativist. I'd guess that I only become concerned with pragmatism when I've given up on affiliativism (which is often). Thus I would say affiliativism is in my thoughts a lot, though im not necessarily good at it.

Each of us has two other opposing pairs of innate preferences. In our communications we prefer either Directing or Informing. In our interaction with others we prefer either Initiating or Responding.

* Directing communications have a time and task orientation with an implication of urgency to get the task done. "Have your report to me by close of business today."
* Informing communications are designed to enroll the other in the process by providing motivation with relevant information. "Your report is an essential part of our project."

The directing style of communication is easiest to spot. The extreme form is the style used by traffic cops, stressed parents, and military commanders. It includes communications that would be classified as a "direct order." Examples include: "Sit down", "Put it over there", "Clean your room."

The informing style of communication is harder to detect. Sometimes those with the directing style are simply oblivious to it, not recognizing that a defining interaction just transpired. Extreme forms of this communication include messages that might be classified as "victim talk." Examples include: "I don't have any money", "That music is so loud", I'm not feeling good."

* Initiating types are more comfortable with making the first contact and establishing role relationships. They like to engage others in interaction and conversation and are more fast paced.
* Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.

this is getting hard. Its getting harder and harder to separate preference from action/ability...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is very P, as far as I'm concerned.

Ni, it seems, coupled with some sort of T

inferior Fe

Ti, Ni, Fe

Ti, Se, Fe, Ni

I'm going with ISTP/ESTP or INTJ/ENTJ, but still leaning toward what I already said, mainly because like vagrant farce said, I see way more Fe than Fi, but it is definitely more of a tertiary or inferior function, it seems.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to come up with a theory. Maybe read my post above about the SP temperament. Does that sound like something reconcilable?

I think i'm definitely on the Se-Ni or Ni-Se axis. I also think that I worry about Fe a lot. Not sure about anything else really.

Interesting question. I had to get rid of some misconceptions about certain preferences, particularly with the Thinking/Feeling dichotomy. I consider myself to be sympathetic and compassionate by nature but I am not one to act on my emotions often. I always try to do what is most reasonable thinking that will benefit those I care for in the long run- even if I may offend a person or two once in a while. My views on the world are also not very NF-ish. I would choose knowledge over harmony without a doubt.

Finally.. if I would have any Feeling function it would be Fe over Fi. It isn't really a wisened, confident Fi rather it is a spontaneous and passionate Fe..not really particularly developed compared to Ti.

Well I guess I'm not ENTP. We aren't the same type :D. I will however note your ideas on the dichotomies and temperaments. Thank you sir.

As for the Introversion/Extraversion dichotomy, I know that my energy comes from the outside world. However, that doesn't change the fact that I have loner-ish tendencies. I don't seek alone time to recharge, I seek alone time to pursue my hobbies- which often interest me more than the people around me.

i relate somewhat to this. Im a reluctant loner. Finally, thats what i've been trying to say this whole damn thread.