• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have no type... help me

What type is Babylon Candle?

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The wall of Te that I get when I debate with Babylon is ridiculous, I can't see him as an INFP. No matter how anyone tries, they can't change his position. He's always right. I always thought he was an ESTJ with hyperactive Ne.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The wall of Te that I get when I debate with Babylon is ridiculous, I can't see him as an INFP. No matter how anyone tries, they can't change his position. He's always right. I always thought he was an ESTJ with hyperactive Ne.

That's not Te at all. Refusing to change your position even in light of very convincing and logical arguments is more Fi

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I don't think anyone can figure this out except for himself.

I wonder why dropping the question for a couple of months and then returning to it does not seem to be an option for him. I'm 90% sure it would help. If it doesn't, accept that MBTI isn't an incontrovertible system to begin with.

I'm still guessing ENtJ though.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Just some random thoughts...

My vote, based on limited exposure is for INFP. Like others suggested, IMHO, the OP suggests being led by Fi and not Ne.

One clear distinguishing characteristic I've noticed between INFPs and ENFPs in real life (small sample but seems to work so far):
The defiant individualism is something that surrounds all the INFPs I've had the pleasure of knowing in real life, much more than ENFPs. While ENFPs are happy to think of people as united behind a cause, being one among them, taking on part of another's view to show solidarity....the INFPs I know wouldn't dream of it. If they've decided to join a cause, it's in the most unique way ever...It doesn't reflect on their commitment or the cause but they have to personalize it in a way that ENFPs do not. They hate being boxed more than anyone I know. For me, as an ENFP, it's more important that I've considered all the angles for the options before picking a side. I'm also more likely to change my opinion in the light of new information than an INFP. They seem to value steadfastness more than adaptability.

A less developed Fe function could explain the social stuff...

That's not Te at all. Refusing to change your position even in light of very convincing and logical arguments is more Fi
I third.

Also, Babylon, whatever your MBTI type, your taking time to think about how you approach things will be valuable I'm sure. For now, let's just call you the introspective sort, shall we? :hug:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, Babylon, whatever your MBTI type, your taking time to think about how you approach things will be valuable I'm sure. For now, let's just call you the introspective sort, shall we? :hug:

This is spectacular wisdom.

I feel self discovery is a process that has to pay off in some way, shape, or form.

Before you can accomplish truly great things, it is firsty necessary to know thyself.

I've read posts of yours where the topics varied from weightlifting/bodybuilding to advice as to how to obtain the best education/internship possible to be a young, successful person.

In the weightlfting thread it was apparent that you knew what you were talking about, but came off a little rough around the edges. Offering the advice as to how to be successful though was rather altruistic. So, you've got some sort of balance going on, the finite details of which you are currently seeking.

My guess, is that you're EXTX. I'm a major extrovert and I hate going to bars and shitty, overcrowded places. I love people, but that doesn't mean I love being packed into a small space with a bunch of random folks. People don't seem to drain you, and isn't that a key factor of introversion, is inevitably needing to "re-charge" after too much social stimulation? So that's why I guess "E."

You have a temper but you wield it logically. That has "T" written all over it. I have a great temper, but I am extremely impatient. I'm not pissed, but I am in a hurry, and I'm not going to spend time on things I don't need/want to.

Between N/S and I have to favor "N." You're in the here and now but you have obviously spent alot of time thinking on shit that is far beyond immediacy, thus my vote on "N."

Regarding J/P, I have no idea. Your ability to write out long passages with regularity takes away from a vote of ENTP. That just seems more ENTJ. Are you timely or late IRL? Do you see things in black & white or shades of grey?
----------------
I have no idea what type you are, but you seem like a fellow that has a damn good brain in your head and that you have a desire to know yourself better.

I don't what the significance of knowing your MBTI type is, but I can tell you that I think knowing yourself as a person is far more useful than knowing your MBTI type + any associated stereotypical traits/behaviors likely to be a part of your persona.

MBTI is a great tool. I know I have grown via discovering my MBTI type, identifying more clearly what my natural gifts and shortcomings are, and assessing how that all fit in with my overall context of myself.

I am without a doubt a full blown ESTP, but I have a good number of differences from the most popular ESTP type descriptions. Knowing I'm Enneagram 7w8 has also proven interesting and useful. MBTI and Enneagram considered either independently or together, cannot speak to the totality of me as a person. I am thankful I understand the other aspects of my mental/spiritual composition well enough so that knowledge of MBTI and Ennegram integrated nicely into the existing knowledge base and implementation that is Halla. :newwink:

HOMEWORK:
------------

To me, these are important questions that you need to have a solid answer for if you truly know yourself. Please note that this list is not complete...

(1) What do you want to do with your life?

(2) Why?

(3) Are you OK with that?

(4) Are you doing everything possible to maximize that likelihood as becoming your reality?

(5) Are you happy with yourself?

(6) If yes, great! If not, why?

(7) What needs to change for you to go from where you are now to where you wish to be?

(8) When do you start your journey?

Take care, Bro.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well then, I wasn't thinking about that in reference to Babylon... the way he goes about it is seemingly a logical process in his head. As to why I'm wrong.

But yes, now that I think about it that sounds more like Fi taking it's toll on Te, or the other way around.

Ironic though that I like to change my position based on the logic presented by others, lol.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try to think about how you were as a kid.
Think about what first was, and what was later added onto your personality.
Every type can learn basically anything.

You must be pretty... stressed out. Remember your childhood? How would you type your former self?

Eh, I don't know. Some people are way different as kids due to environmental factors. How can you prove that it is your core self? How do you define your core self? That's hard.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm not buying it as being an exclusively Fi thing. That's a person and ego thing. I've known plenty of TJs and TPs so caught up in their need to be right that they won't listen to the potential of them being wrong.

In this case, I'm not presuming Babylon falls into that category. I just don't think Blackcat's experience offers a sure fire answer.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think it would be kind of cool to be an ESTJ with hyperactive Ne. Just saying.

In all seriousness, though, I know your frustration with this type thing. BLAH....There ain't no type...which means there is one, but it's nebulous, and kind of like a void that defines what's around it, and all that good crap that no one knows what the hell your talking about.....Yeah, that's the world of type.

So not knowing what you are may be a good sign.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm not buying it as being an exclusively Fi thing. That's a person and ego thing. I've known plenty of TJs and TPs so caught up in their need to be right that they won't listen to the potential of them being wrong.

In this case, I'm not presuming Babylon falls into that category. I just don't think Blackcat's experience offers a sure fire answer.

Agreed...since when is Ti not stubborn and arrogant about it's rightness?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well id be an ENTJ who hates people almost as much as the INTPs, but secretly tries to help as much as the ENFJs, and an ENTJ who can be as flexible as the ENTP, but equally is as dependable and non-spontaneous as the ISFJs...

but all that leaves me at is XXXX...which is unacceptable

Now you know how I feel. We are two peas in a pod! :huh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Babylon Candle:
As a kid I was very anti-social, but i was not a gloomy child (some smiles still). I had a HUGE imagination and preferred make believe play over a lot of other toys. I enjoyed directing other kids like our make believe games were a movie that we could "re-take" lol. I would be like "no no...you say it like *this* and then he can do *that* and it will be better/funnier/weirder etc". I played with legos A LOT. My biggest deal was always wanting to do things myself (i didnt want ANYONE to help me).

That's thinking for you, and I presume the imaginative part hints at intuitive, same with the lego... so many possibilites :D

The Fi that people are 'recognizing' is just immaturity, once you become more comfortable with yourself, it goes away and you can see the pure personality. Everyone just associates that quality with Fi... oh, and what jenocyde said makes it harder to spot as well.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Babylon,

I can really relate to you not wanting any help with anything and being very independent. I had a huge problem with that for the first 20 or so years of my life. Interesting - the parallels our lives have.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.9)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use

What do you make of this? then again...these tests are almost meaningless. Ive gotten wildly different results on the cognitive process test over the years....

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wait a minute, how old are you babylon?

B

brainheart

I also thought there was no way I was an S. I also tested high in the intuitive categories (among other stuff that's wrong) in the cognitive processes test. And I have mistyped myself as an INTP, INFP, INTJ, INFJ, and ENFP. But I'll tell you what I am totally getting from you: ISTJ or ESTJ.

I, of course, may be wrong, but that's what I get, especially from your first posts in this thread. They instantly made me think of my ISTJ dad. (Not to mention you tossed ISFJ and ESFJ in there a couple of times.)

Don't rule out sensing. It doesn't mean that you are an unimaginative boring dumbass, contrary to what many people seem to think. My dad is one of the most eccentric, theoretical, and inventive people I know. But he is also no question an ISTJ.

Also, there is the whole tertiary trap business, which can be confusing. I know I often operate in Fi+Ni, so I can seem like an intuitive when I'm not. So if you are an ISTJ, that would mean you can get caught in this Si+Fi place, which could be why people keep on saying INFP.

But to me you don't seem Fi dominant at all.

Oh, and to whoever said that an NT would have done the research so Babylon Candle must be an NF, are you serious? I have researched the hell out of this stuff and I'm an SP.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh, and to whoever said that an NT would have done the research so Babylon Candle must be an NF, are you serious? I have researched the hell out of this stuff and I'm an SP.

No, I wasn't serious. And that isn't exactly what I said, either.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing, really. I don't think an online test will help you at this point after you've already taken like 35352755643 of them.

information > less information (assuming that its not misleading information)
so is the test misleading? Probably :doh:

I'm not really sure how an extrovert is going to display Ni/Si to the world through text. Generally I would think some sort of story telling might reveal a Ni/Si bias...and I don't tell stories online.

wait a minute, how old are you babylon?

21...i first learned about MBTI when I was about 19

For the record, I without a doubt am 1w9 sp/sx. My truely downer moments are me disintegrating to 4 and I generally feel "almost too good" when people push me to be 7. So maybe we can figure out an MBTI correlation from there.

how I view my functional preferences at the moment:
Ni >>> Se >> Te = Fe > Ti > Fi > Ne > Si

how I view my functional strengths at the moment:

Ni > Te >> Fi = Ne = Ti > Fe = Se > Si

what I end up "looking" like to myself:
Ni >>> Se >> Fe (Fi) > Te (Ti) > Si

what I end up looking like to people not inside my head:
Ni >>> Se >> Fe (Fi) = Te (Ti) > Si

But then again...the functions aren't "real" per se... I mean Ne Fi can look like Fe and Ni Te can look Ti etc etc etc ad naseum. So im not really particularly attached those function orders...