• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have no type... help me

What type is Babylon Candle?

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I've been INFP, ENFP and ENTJ. I hated being INFP, I hated less being ENFP, and even less as ENTJ. But I still dont really fit any one type.

I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.

Currently I just feel way too gooey to be ENTJ (any detective work of my name would reveal this). Ive never understood this morality problem for the NTJs either.

I understand that my little stereotypes dont totally 'work'. However, I only use them as an example. Ive been around enough to know that the stereotypes arent totally true.

--im a lone wolf
--i can be one of the craziest and loudest people you've ever seen if its the right place (anyone who was here for Vent when i had a microphone knows)
--i have a condescending attitude towards people
--i secretly want to be liked
--i dont like large crowds intermingling for no reason (i hate bars)
--i dont mind large groups with a purpose (like a meeting, class room, or a dinner)
--im into some T things...
--i have some very F guilty pleasures...

So please, in total review of my time on this site (1000+ posts), what type am I?

That is not enough information. What are "T things" and "guilty F pleasures"? The only thing i'm seeing based on this post is "socially awkward."

I think you'll have to read in depth on all the suspected types to find out what one you are.

I'm not sure how I would type you based on your posts. I spose I would have to pay more attention.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What makes you believe you are an N type? I noticed you didn't put any S types on the poll.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd think you're an NT. Probably INTJ or ENTJ.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes you believe you are an N type? I noticed you didn't put any S types on the poll.

yea, didn't even notice that. I knew there was a reason I was having trouble answering.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel like every type has little special abilities that makes them a type. I feel like any type i try on feels wrong. Like if I were to try on ISFJ id think, "wait, but i have terrible handwriting!". Say I tried INTP, "wait, but im not a math nazi!". Like every type i try on, something doesnt fit.

Here, you are associating the types with their oddities. It's a great way to learn the types, but oddities are... oddities. You probably have oddities too, but it would be VERY surprising if they are exactly the same as the ones listed in the "stereotype" threads. There are just too many oddities.

I suggest you read the "describe balanced types" thread. There, we're trying to describe the types in a general way and not with the oddities. (And, if you want a challenge, try to add some descriptions there...)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Babylon, try typing yourself through this thread... it's the 'best fit' method and may work for you.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html

I looked at this thread. I feel like I do all of these things though. Im neither informing nor directing. Behind the scenes nor in-charge. Im just kind of doing my own thing...

Chuck a J in your type, you're definitely an enneagram 1. You seem certain that you're an intuitive, so there's another letter down. Most extroverts have described themselves in the manner that you have, and being an enneagram 1, you're probably gonna have a few introverted traits. So we're left with ENXJ.

T/F is a little difficult...

-by stats, 60 percent of guys are thinkers, so that kicks you off in the T direction
-you don't seem like an ENFJ
-your argument against you being a feeler isn't great :D

*gets irritated*

YOU'RE A FUCKING ENTJ OKAY? lol

I feel like too much of a Fe failure to be ENFJ...though I'd love to have those powers :p...

I dont identify with 1w2 or 1w9 at that much. I have however been called a puritan/amish sometimes due to my standards and such. I do identify with 1 most consistently. At times I can see 7, 8, 9, 5 or even 4. I still think straight up 1 is probably best.

:yes:

Your baby Fi is working so hard to try and figure out who you are, don't forget to put it down for a nap occasionally :hug:

You're ENTJ, hon. Always have been. Fi doesn't necessarily like people, it likes individuals. So it's perfectly understandable that even though you're extroverted and need stimulation from outside, you still end up resenting those people for being obnoxious, morons and in your way. If you'dve told me that I was a peopleperson and had potential people skills when I was younger, I'dve laughed at you bigtime. I *hated* people. I *hated* groups. I would've picked animals over people anyday. Still do. Now it's just 'I love people, but love animals more'. Back then it was 'people aren't worth it, animals rule as they're honest and don't put a knife in your back.' Immature Fi resents people for making such an emotional mess of thigns all the goddamn time. At least, mine did. I consider it 'emotional pollution'. It's like an NTJ getting annoyed at people being such inefficient morons.

Give it time and don't give up (though I hardly think you could even if you tried :D) ;)

Meanwhile, I suggest taking an Se-break and when you're destressed, focus on Ni. I've found the tip of developping your second function in order to improve all your functions to be quite true. Focus on Ni, Se and Fi will follow.

:hug: x 1000 :blush: :wubbie:

Hmm... I was going to say that you've always screamed ENFP to me but that you haven't developed your Fi and have overcompensated with a shaky Te.

But that's just my observation...

I think on my own ENFP seems like an okay guess, if you ignore my enneagram 1. However im often overwhelmed and upset with 'the actual' ENFPs that i know. It always serves to remind me that "how in the world did I ever think I could be flakey/carefree/freeflow enough to be ENFP!?"

Just to explain the bolded a little further, on vent you said that you hold people to a certain standard. 1s feel that they can't let themselves or others make mistakes. Unless you used the profile to describe yourself, or don't do it in the manner described, you're an enneagram 1. They are almost never percievers, the reason you think you might be an ISFJ might be because a lot of ISFJs have the same enneagram.

I agree that 1's are almost always J's. Though ENTJ is a pretty atypical type for 1 isnt it? Arent most 1s like ISTJ (or even ENFJ)?

Babylon I REALLY don't get ENTJ from you.

Also, why are these only intuitive options?

I think you really do need to think back to what you were like as a kid and what you consciously developed, that's what helped me figure my type out.

Then again maybe you're just overanalyzing

As a kid I was very anti-social, but i was not a gloomy child (some smiles still). I had a HUGE imagination and preferred make believe play over a lot of other toys. I enjoyed directing other kids like our make believe games were a movie that we could "re-take" lol. I would be like "no no...you say it like *this* and then he can do *that* and it will be better/funnier/weirder etc". I played with legos A LOT. My biggest deal was always wanting to do things myself (i didnt want ANYONE to help me).

Basically in childhood I was somewhat like I am today. Most of the time I was quiet and imaginative in my head. Other times I was very directive and wanting to perform theatrics for random people. And again, I loved legos, lol.

That is not enough information. What are "T things" and "guilty F pleasures"? The only thing i'm seeing based on this post is "socially awkward."

I think you'll have to read in depth on all the suspected types to find out what one you are.

I'm not sure how I would type you based on your posts. I spose I would have to pay more attention.

the one thing im 10000000% sure of is that I'm not an S type. I know too many people who have taken the test and what they are "all about". Im just not an S. People are going to have to just accept that :D.

I'd think you're an NT. Probably INTJ or ENTJ.

thanks for the input. I think INTJ sometimes fits better than ENTJ due to my introvertedness...however other times im too much 'on stage' to be INTJ (that and im not a super genius).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No offense, but I believe that any NTJ would have done the research sufficiently to know that introversion in the MBTI sense has nothing to do with shyness. It is in the way you gather or process information. And being an NT has nothing to do with being smart. Anyone can be smart. Or stupid. So, xNTJ seems unlikely, for that reason and a few other reasons that I have noticed. NFJ maybe. Maybe.

Are you sure that you are an enneagram 1 all the time? Or are you a 1 in this particular phase of your life?

I leaned toward ENFP because almost every ENFP I have come across has questioned their type to such extreme measures. Almost every ENFP that I know doesn't like to be pinned down to a type and will find one description in every other type to cling to, to prove their point about how they transcend type. As far as ENFPs being flaky, well, they say the same about ENTPs but I assert that it could be nature vs nurture. I might be flaky in some respects, but I am always on time for an appointment because my mom taught me to be. Simple as that.

The fact that you like to do your own thing rather than direct or inform also makes me lean toward ENFP. You could also be ENTP. But it depends (seriously) if your puritanical ways are the standard you hold people up to, or what you apply to yourself. And I haven't seen too much Ti processing from my basic observation. You keep talking about what feels right, not the actual reasons behind your confusion.

If you thought you were ENTJ, then you must be working with a lot of Te, which is the ENFP tert function and is easy for a male in this society to develop because Fi is not considered "masculine" in many groups and is often undercooked in a lot of males.

The fact that you said that you have puritanical standards looks like you have Fi hidden in there, peeking out. Or you are misunderstanding its role as it applies to you.

But at the end of the day, why does it really matter?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INFP based on your first few posts.

A desire to be special and the kind of imagination where you can postulate that you're any type plus that darned reflection thing where you can and will try to match up to expectations.

Do I get cookie?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was gonna say INFP too, but he doesn't seem mopey enough.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I was gonna say INFP too, but he doesn't seem mopey enough.
I can hear my INFP friend rant from here :rofl1:

The mopiness isn't persistent. I'm thinking this one has a healthy dose of the ESTJ shadow.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
As a kid I was very anti-social, but i was not a gloomy child (some smiles still). I had a HUGE imagination and preferred make believe play over a lot of other toys. I enjoyed directing other kids like our make believe games were a movie that we could "re-take" lol. I would be like "no no...you say it like *this* and then he can do *that* and it will be better/funnier/weirder etc". I played with legos A LOT. My biggest deal was always wanting to do things myself (i didnt want ANYONE to help me).

Basically in childhood I was somewhat like I am today. Most of the time I was quiet and imaginative in my head. Other times I was very directive and wanting to perform theatrics for random people. And again, I loved legos, lol.

Yeah, you're trying to create too many MBTI correlations to enneagram types which really is unecessary! Enneagram doesn't work that way!

I like the reasoning for ENFP, I really do! You really seem like an ENTP to me but Te over Ti is pretty distinct so ENFP seems more accurate.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm... I was going to say that you've always screamed ENFP to me but that you haven't developed your Fi and have overcompensated with a shaky Te.

But that's just my observation...

This is my opinion as well. I've seen some ENFPs look at Fi with disdain, because it's like some party-pooper that keeps them from having the fun they want to have. So to counter that, they embrace Te.

ENFPs that do this sometimes have a very "J" vibe to them, as they become very bombastic in fighting for structure, control, and consistency in their environment.

Of course, I could also see ESTJ being a legitimate possibility.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've seen Bab be really J though, being uncomfortable with flaky behavior and non-scheduled stuff. I agree that his Fi usually shows through when he's arguing a point, but it's usually done in a systematic Te way. And I cannot recall seeing any Ne. He usually has a clear goal, which would indicate Ni.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've seen Bab be really J though, being uncomfortable with flaky behavior and non-scheduled stuff. I agree that his Fi usually shows through when he's arguing a point, but it's usually done in a systematic Te way. And I cannot recall seeing any Ne. He usually has a clear goal, which would indicate Ni.

I think "being J" is something older P types do all the time, being organized and structured is part of growing up and being responsible lol. I think J/P is the hardest to figure out once you're older and develop these skills.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...but Bab is in his early twenties :)
I've always found him very goal-oriented in the talks I had with him, to the point where flakiness and flexibility and waiting for opportunities to come to him somewhat stressed him out.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

See, this is where male ENFPs can be confusing. I think some male ENFPs (and I could extend that to INFPs, because I've seen it in them as well) feel the need to be more structured and decisive as they are male. So they develop Te to a larger extent than female ENFPs and come off looking like ENTJs. My brother is one example of this: he orders people around when he needs to get something done, he has a planner (which he utilizes to a scary extent), he has some obsession with empirical thinking and debate. He's all about external goals. I'm sure if anyone saw him now they would type him as ENTJ, and I've seen him go from testing as ENTP to now a mid J. Mind you, he was super P as a child, but circumstances have forced him to take charge. I wouldn't say this applies to all male ENFPs, as I've known others where this is not the case, but for some, it is.

So I'm going with xNFP for you, BC. Not sure of I/E. But you don't seem quite like xNTJ as a natural fit, more of a forced fit, based on your posts that I've read in the past.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So I've been INFP, ENFP and ENTJ. I hated being INFP, I hated less being ENFP, and even less as ENTJ. But I still dont really fit any one type.

Currently I just feel way too gooey to be ENTJ (any detective work of my name would reveal this). Ive never understood this morality problem for the NTJs either.

The bolded parts indicate Fi value judgements (rather than logic/reason).

INFP or ENFP seem likely. :D

(assuming that ISFP and ESFP are being ruled out.)

Also, I've interacted with Babylon in Vent in the past.

My impression was either an outgoing INFP or an ENFP.

Then, considering the stuff about Babylon being an Enneagram 1, a picture is starting to form in my mind.

My rough guess at this point: He could be an INFP "chronically in the grip of shadow functions", like a "warped version of ESTJ."

Just a thought. Nothing conclusive.

I'd recommend Naomi Quenk's book, Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality.

She talks about people being "in the grip" of their Inferior function for long periods of time, even for years, or for most of their life!

I own the book, so I'll look through it and see if I can find anything useful. :)

To be continued......