• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, my SO is present, as he works from home. We don't talk much though, as he needs to work. And I spend a lot of time on here, coz I enjoy the ambiance. I also have class once a week and work once a week. And that's plenty for me. It means I don't have to constantly follow societies rules, which I find limiting usually.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, my SO is present, as he works from home. We don't talk much though, as he needs to work. And I spend a lot of time on here, coz I enjoy the ambiance. I also have class once a week and work once a week. And that's plenty for me. It means I don't have to constantly follow societies rules, which I find limiting usually.

Yea, work and school can be restricting but that could just be a P thing, too.
See, I have a roommate and a couple of close friends that I spend a lot of time with. Between them, work,clinical, and class, I have obligations almost every day. I don't mind, because I need them. Though, I really look forward to the downtime following work/school/whatever. (Currently, anyway.)

(I'm thinking S, be it ES or IS is going to need that more than an N will anyways)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea, work and school can be restricting but that could just be a P thing, too.
See, I have a roommate and a couple of close friends that I spend a lot of time with. Between them, work,clinical, and class, I have obligations almost every day. I don't mind, because I need them. Though, I really look forward to the downtime following work/school/whatever. (Currently, anyway.)

You're lucky to have such a good bond with those close to you :)
I love my friends, but there's only one except for my SO who can take the full brunt of my personality. The rest I reign myself in with. I used to have an ESFP friend in college who not only was comfortable with who I was, but also took every crazy idea I had just a little further and acted it out. We had a blast. I miss her dearly. If anyone could make me run around like an E, it was her :D

I guess this is where the S-N difference shows. Since I don't get this irl, I seek it online (here) and in my own imagination/world. No need to be myself fully irl, I can be myself while in my own world without all the negative consequences it can cause :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm.

Extroversion doesn't really have anything to do with socializing
Both apply. I love people, I can get completely giddy off them and have a bunch of fun, keep going for hours and laugh my ass off with them, or be totally swept up in the convo. Other times, I just wanna be enjoying the ambiance and not have to talk.

Interacting with the WORLD. Not people. I literally just said that, then you quoted my post and made it all about people. :thinking:

Extroverts don't have to interact with people. Interacting with the world can be doing literally anything. Introverts get exhausted by doing anything that's stimulating usually, because we can't process as much stimulation as extroverts can. That's the whole basis of it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...00-roots-introvertedness-extravertedness.html

Read this thread, particularly my second post.

And you can't lead with both Fi and Ne, or both Fi and Se.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're lucky to have such a good bond with those close to you :)
I love my friends, but there's only one except for my SO who can take the full brunt of my personality. The rest I reign myself in with. I used to have an ESFP friend in college who not only was comfortable with who I was, but also took every crazy idea I had just a little further and acted it out. We had a blast. I miss her dearly. If anyone could make me run around like an E, it was her :D

I guess this is where the S-N difference shows. Since I don't get this irl, I seek it online (here) and in my own imagination/world. No need to be myself fully irl, I can be myself while in my own world without all the negative consequences it can cause :)

Haha. We would get along good.
I had an ENTP Ne monster friend who I had this same relationship with. Except he was the thinker and I was the doer. It was a blast.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.

Interacting with the WORLD. Not people. I literally just said that, then you quoted my post and made it all about people. :thinking:

Extroverts don't have to interact with people. Interacting with the world can be doing literally anything. Introverts get exhausted by doing anything that's stimulating usually, because we can't process as much stimulation as extroverts can. That's the whole basis of it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...00-roots-introvertedness-extravertedness.html

Read this thread, particularly my second post.

And you can't lead with both Fi and Ne, or both Fi and Se.

No i'm not going to read your link.
I'm going to sit here and whine and cry and wait for someone to give me my nap.

(But no. To be honest. I understand what they are all about.. For me, I think I just need to get to know myself better.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prove it.

Disprove it. And I don't mean put some random crap by some random typologist that doesn't follow the theory we're discussing.

You process things through your dominant totally unconsciously, and you use the secondary as a tool generally, and you "tap into it" usually. It's use won't be the same as the dominant.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I find society's rules very limiting too, but there's a part of me who loves being around people. When I'm at work I find myself joking around with my customers, and playing big sister to my teenage co-workers. I get a rush out of being with nice people - but I'm easily drained by people who are assholes. Maybe that's just a consequence of having Fi, and not necessarily an introvert thing though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disprove it. And I don't mean put some random crap by some random typologist that doesn't follow the theory we're discussing.

You process things through your dominant totally unconsciously, and you use the secondary as a tool generally, and you "tap into it" usually. It's use won't be the same as the dominant.

Are you saying that Amargith and I are both just big freaks?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL^

@ BC: I see why this is an open and shut case for you. Yes, according to your post, I would be an E. The reason I jumped to people is because I focus on people...most of the time. My other side is constant gathering of information, learning new things, hoarding knowledge...I guess you consider that interaction with the world as well or? Coz that's what I do all day when home alone. And then after, mulling it over as to how I can apply it elsewhere as well, or how it can help me improve myself as a person.

But the fact that my friends, not to mention my family (and don't even get me started about big parties with a ton of people I don't know) drain me like mad, make me seriously doubt my E. I've always been that way too. It's pretty much dependent on what the ambiance is that the people together create and how openminded they are. If I can sync up with them, I can ride that wave for hours, and recharge that way. If not, I soo need to get home to recharge as it drains the lifeforce right out of me.

Also, I agree with Jag. My first reaction to your statement about leading with either one or the other was: prove it!
Seriously, I just switch depending on my mood and my current project. If I'm scavenging for new info, I'll lead with Ne..see if anything fun comes along that I can play with. If I'm focussed on improving something within me, or understanding another person, I'll use Ne to feed Fi to complete the puzzle.

wolfy

awsm
According to my coin toss Shortnsweet is E and Amargith is I. I was hoping SnS would be ISFP. I really did.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever. I don't give a shit anymore, since I'm not going to change You (amar), shortnsweet, or Jag's position with anything that I say. Your types are obvious anyways.

I'm going to eat some turkey, have a good day. :cheese:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL^

@ BC: I see why this is an open and shut case for you. Yes, according to your post, I would be an E. The reason I jumped to people is because I focus on people...most of the time. My other side is constant gathering of information, learning new things, hoarding knowledge...I guess you consider that interaction with the world as well or? Coz that's what I do all day when home alone. And then after, mulling it over as to how I can apply it elsewhere as well, or how it can help me improve myself as a person.

But the fact that my friends, not to mention my family (and don't even get me started about big parties with a ton of people I don't know) drain me like mad, make me seriously doubt my E. I've always been that way too. It's pretty much dependent on what the ambiance is that the people together create and how openminded they are. If I can sync up with them, I can ride that wave for hours, and recharge that way. If not, I soo need to get home to recharge as it drains the lifeforce right out of me.

Also, I agree with Jag. My first reaction to your statement about leading with either one or the other was: prove it!
Seriously, I just switch depending on my mood and my current project. If I'm scavenging for new info, I'll lead with Ne..see if anything fun comes along that I can play with. If I'm focussed on improving something within me, or understanding another person, I'll use Ne to feed Fi to complete the puzzle.

For me it presents a lot differently.
But the part where, "you just switch."
That I can relate to.

Sometimes I can just sit for hours, focusing on one or few things.
Sit at the computer, knit with a pup in my lap, draw, try on different hair styles, read recipes, whatever floats my boat at the moment. And gain energy. Yea, i'm focused on the external world. But this is part of having Se, (dom or aux) its part of being SFP. You can't be SFP and NOT focus on the external world all the time. Especially with as strong of an S as I have. I think that being able to do a low key thing for so long (and gain energy this way) makes me an I at times. But sometimes I will just "switch." And be able to talk to people, do things, run around like a mad woman, and never seem to run low. One day, I get sick of it, and go back to the quiet, passive phase again. There's no other way to describe it.

(And i'm not disagreeing with you, Blackcat, I just don't know for sure whether or not I agree. Now i'm just proving to be an indecisive P.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to my coin toss Shortnsweet is E and Amargith is I. I was hoping SnS would be ISFP. I really did.

According to my coin, i'm an E too. And that's a capital E.
There's no spectrum on my coin. My coin also made Amar an I.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: I hear ya, same for me :)
What I do depends on what my mood dictates, and it definitely cycles between hermit-social butterfly.

wolfy

awsm
For me it presents a lot differently.
But the part where, "you just switch."
That I can relate to.

Sometimes I can just sit for hours, focusing on one or few things.
Sit at the computer, knit with a pup in my lap, draw, try on different hair styles, read recipes, whatever floats my boat at the moment. And gain energy. Yea, i'm focused on the external world. But this is part of having Se, (dom or aux) its part of being SFP. You can't be SFP and NOT focus on the external world all the time. I think that being able to do a low key thing for so long makes me an I at times. But sometimes I will just "switch." And be able to talk to people, do things, run around like a mad woman, and never seem to run low. One day, I get sick of it, and go back to the quiet, passive phase again. There's no other way to describe it.

I'm like that too.

Jaguar

Great, more unfounded claims with no proof of anything.
That dog won't hunt.

I'm waiting for you to claim all blacks are criminals.
Then when I ask you to prove it, you'll give that same lame response of "disprove it."

Ridiculous.

Whatever. I don't give a shit anymore, since I'm not going to change You (amar), shortnsweet, or Jag's position with anything that I say. Your types are obvious anyways.

I'm going to eat some turkey, have a good day.

Nothing is "obvious."
Even MBTI states on their website that only the individual knows their own type.
MBTI attempts to measure preferences.
A gullible person would think they can observe the truth about a person's preferences, in an online forum.
For all you know, I'm an 80-year old woman with a preference for ESFJ,
but I have an online persona that has everyone fooled.
You can't actually know the truth about people in an online forum, unless you delude yourself. It's not real life.

I think I'm going to start telling people in this forum I can SEE their preference for Vanilla ice cream. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great, more unfounded claims with no proof of anything.
That dog won't hunt.

I'm waiting for you to claim all blacks are criminals.
Then when I ask you to prove it, you'll give that same lame response of "disprove it."

Ridiculous.

The proof (as in, where it's written down) is in the literature that people read to get to this point, the basics of this theory that we're following.

And why would I claim all blacks are criminals? Neither that, nor where you're coming from with that statement, is really relevant.

I don't want to argue with a wall. Since you're never going to change your position, and I'm not going to change mine. So I don't care.

How do you go about proving any theory then? Any bit of theory? All you have to say to someone is "prove it" and they can't really. That's why it's called theory, and not an absolute.

Besides, that's sort of a difficult question to answer. Since the proof (as in, where it's observable) is in the people, and that's what this is all about. But that wouldn't be a valid answer to your question, since more ad hominems would come in an infinite supply from you, with any response that I, or anyone else will give to anything you say.

Go eat some turkey you crazy cat. :D