• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
According to this, INXX. Yeah, just about right.

TetrisMatrix

MBTI Type
IDK
Oh well, one test says I am en ENTJ, another that I am ESFP (maybe), this one says I am ESFJ. I don't get it :D Who am I :unsure:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Either INTP or ISFJ. No surprises there.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure on Directing/informing or initiating/responding. I use both sets depending on what I am doing. I am not sure if I have a preference. Im probably informing/responding more than directing and initiating though.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Directing/Informing - Directing. I just like to say what I mean. If I want someone to do something, it takes too much effort to imply it, so might as well be direct.

Initiating/Responding - Responding. It would be too scary otherwise.

Abstract/Concrete - Definitely concrete, I'm pretty straight to the point and literal even when talking about hypotheses and that kind of stuff.

Affiliative/Pragmatic - Pragmatic for sure, I hate anything to do with groups.

So that would make me ISTP.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding)
Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative)
I N F P

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
According to this, ENFP might be a possibility. Interesting.

Mr. Meow-Meow

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
9w1
I'm trying to figure out what my type is according to this, I'm stuck on abstract and concrete language. Can anyone give me an example of what abstract language would sound like?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm trying to figure out what my type is according to this, I'm stuck on abstract and concrete language. Can anyone give me an example of what abstract language would sound like?

Found this with a Google search of the book referenced (Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the 4 Temperaments)
unknown.png

Mr. Meow-Meow

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
9w1
Found this with a Google search of the book referenced (Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the 4 Temperaments)
unknown.png
This guide is helpful, but I'm still a little divided on what type of language I tend to use. I'm starting to lean towards concrete language which added to my other interaction styles and temperaments would mean I'm an ISFP.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mr. Meow-Meow

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks again, these were very helpful but I’m still divided on what type I am. I really relate to the Se’s lifestyle having to have new experiences, but I’m not turned off by “abstract ideas, theories, or existential conversations” like it says Se users are. I’ve taken the list that was on the Psychology Junkie article and highlighted the points that I relate to.

Extroverted Sensors:
– Are adaptable and easy-going
– Are realistic and down-to-earth
– Are practical and matter-of-fact
– Are excited by adventure and thrills
– Live “in the moment” and prefer to focus on the here-and-now
– Are fond of concrete facts and are aware of details
– Learn best from hands-on experience
– Seek stimulation by experiencing life in a hands-on, immersive way
– Have a “live and let live” mentality
– Tend to be impulsive and trust their impulses
– Are fun-loving and optimistic
– Pride themselves on being bold, unconventional, and spontaneous
– Prize freedom

– See all the details around them

Extroverted Intuition:
– Are always thinking of possibilities and what “could be”
– Focus on the future much more than the present

– Are original and independent
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects
– Work in bursts of impulsive energy
– Hate routine

– Seek and trust inspiration and are willing to follow it anywhere.
– Tend to be enthusiastic and good with people
– Love to inspire and motivate others
– Find hidden patterns, possibilities, and potentials
– See so many alternatives that they can have trouble focusing on just one thing
– Are open-minded and slow to form premature conclusions

Mr. Meow-Meow

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks again, these were very helpful but I’m still divided on what type I am. I really relate to the Se’s lifestyle having to have new experiences, but I’m not turned off by “abstract ideas, theories, or existential conversations” like it says Se users are. I’ve taken the list that was on the Psychology Junkie article and highlighted the points that I relate to.

Extroverted Sensors:
– Are adaptable and easy-going
– Are realistic and down-to-earth

– Are practical and matter-of-fact
– Are excited by adventure and thrills
– Live “in the moment” and prefer to focus on the here-and-now
– Are fond of concrete facts and are aware of details
– Learn best from hands-on experience
– Seek stimulation by experiencing life in a hands-on, immersive way
– Have a “live and let live” mentality
– Tend to be impulsive and trust their impulses
– Are fun-loving and optimistic
– Pride themselves on being bold, unconventional, and spontaneous
– Prize freedom

– See all the details around them

Extroverted Intuition:
– Are always thinking of possibilities and what “could be”
– Focus on the future much more than the present

– Are original and independent
– Love to start and initiate creative projects, but struggle with completing projects
– Work in bursts of impulsive energy
– Hate routine

– Seek and trust inspiration and are willing to follow it anywhere.
– Find hidden patterns, possibilities, and potentials
– See so many alternatives that they can have trouble focusing on just one thing
– Are open-minded and slow to form premature conclusions

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In my opinion (which may not be accurate :D), the future focus as opposed to the present, the seeing so many alternatives opposed to narrowing them down, and the initiating and starting points toward your having Ne as opposed to Ni, meaning INFP? (if you settled on Fi first)

Mr. Meow-Meow

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
9w1
In my opinion (which may not be accurate :D), the future focus as opposed to the present, the seeing so many alternatives opposed to narrowing them down, and the initiating and starting points toward your having Ne as opposed to Ni, meaning INFP? (if you settled on Fi first)
Actually, according to the guide on this thread I am between INTP and ISFP. I can see where you're coming from with what I highlighted. Two of the points for Ne absolutely do not sound like me, these points are:
I don't know if that would affect whether or not I have Ne but there's nothing on the Se points like those two where they absolutely don't sound like me.

K..

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brilliantly simple deductions, thank you, VagrantFarce.
Directing-Responding & Abstract-Pragmatic. INTJ, but I'm curious about how this contrasts with my Socionics INTp ILI-0 type. Or even, in general, the contrast between MBTI and Socionics, or say the 8 Function Model.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Directing / Responding - Informing is not how I do things. Initiating is sometimes, so, Responding 60% and Initiating 40%, if I'm honest with myself.
Abstract / Pragmatic - Concrete thinking is not how I speak/think, I use metaphors, symbolism, and comparisons to communicate, but I'm on the fence about being affiliative, it's probably 45%, to 55% pragmatic, that's more of a tough one, it's a lot of both.

INTJ and sometimes INFJ.

I enjoyed thinking about this approach to typing. Thanks for this.

Here's a great example of how my abstract brain was attempting to respond to the thread about the social norm of derailing discussion threads and what I liken it to:

"Derailing a discussion forum is like a rock in a stream. One is fine, the water can go around it. You put enough rocks in the stream, the water diverts in a different direction or pools and becomes stale. The purpose of the water flowing is to nourish those all the way along it. In the same way, the rules are there for our benefit, as much as watching water go over rocks is fun, if enough people do it, no one benefits."

It's a bad metaphor because dams are great for producing power and divergent streams help nourish other plant life, all of which I would liken to negative behaviour, but the point is, that's how my abstract brain works.

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember being very impressed with this post when it was first made. Since then, I have grown to not have a great deal of faith in Temperaments though.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I remember being very impressed with this post when it was first made. Since then, I have grown to not have a great deal of faith in Temperaments though.
Could you send me a link that unpacks your counterpoint to this discussion, or briefly explain why you do not have a great deal of faith in Temperaments?