• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sweet, just join me in the X-zone. I love running around like a hybrid :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if what you said about Te and Ni is accurate, your best-fit is ESFP. That seems obvious to me. :)

Hmm.. I think you'd hafta know me. I think talking to me in person and getting to know me, most people would still have trouble. It only seems obvious on paper.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I stopped looking at it as a problem, and considered it an opportunity to be more flexible ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stopped looking at it as a problem, and considered it an opportunity to be more flexible ;)

Yea, so did I, in real life. But for the sake of this site I almost want an E or an I there.

Though NOW I have an excuse
to be lazy, self indulgent, whiney, and sleepy all the time AND party to all hours of the night, say things that I shouldn't, be flaky, and drop way too much money on clothes. Way cool.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't use Ni often.
I use Te, almost as much as I use Fi. And being around people gives me energy more than being alone, although I don't mind being alone.
That's why I had esfp down for my type all that time.
But I'm fairly quiet and independent, which is the cause for confusion. I mean. Ever meet a quiet and independent esfp?

C'mon now... ESFP. I rarely do Te, but I use Ni a lot.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mm. Well being an X type doesn't change who you are just because you have that down as your type... like Amargith is clearly an ENFP but doesn't agree with being fully extroverted. That doesn't change anything... she still functions as an ENFP. I'd same the same thing applies to you. :tongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mm. Well being an X type doesn't change who you are just because you have that down as your type... like Amargith is clearly an ENFP but doesn't agree with being fully extroverted. That doesn't change anything... she still functions as an ENFP. I'd same the same thing applies to you. :tongue:

Says you. I have plenty of others arguing the fact that I'm using Ne to feed Fi and Si relaxes me way more than Te does usually, though I have my Te relaxation moments too.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmm.. I don't know about that. I don't necissarily think that I always function as an esfp. (I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. If you said that I was an ISFP I would also argue that. I'm just saying, I have a strong argument for both sides.)

Function wise, I think i'm more clearly an esfp.
My se,fi,and te are kind of a mishmosh of sameness.

then the ni lags way behind. I would almost say the ni and si are about the same too.

But then in my actions i'm often isfp.
I go through like, phases. Like right now, i'm going through a definite phase of isfp. I don't feel like talking to anyone, I want to stay at home with my dogs and clean and remain with very close friends and am happy by myself. (No, i'm not depressed.)

then I go through these phases of esfp. I can't stand being alone and all I want to do is party and socialize and work and shop and chit chat and giggle and make new friends. Those times are about equal in length to these times.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm.. I don't know about that. I don't necissarily think that I always function as an esfp. (I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. If you said that I was an ISFP I would also argue that. I'm just saying, I have a strong argument for both sides.)

then the ni lags way behind. I would almost say the ni and si are about the same too.

I go through like, phases. Like right now, i'm going through a definite phase of isfp. I don't feel like talking to anyone, I want to stay at home with my dogs and clean and remain with very close friends and am happy by myself. (No, i'm not depressed.)

then I go through these phases of esfp. I can't stand being alone and all I want to do is party and socialize and work and shop and chit chat and giggle and make new friends. Those times are about equal in length to these times

:yes:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroversion doesn't really have anything to do with socializing though. Extroversion basically means that the person gets energized by interacting with the world, and introversion means that the person gets exhausted by interacting with the world. Introverts regain energy by being alone, extroverts cool off by being alone.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are both E. Small e but e nonetheless.

You ISFP's are always trying to disown me.
I'm about to permanantly change that x to a capital I and THEN how will you feel?
Will you be happy with yourselves then?? :harhar:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

then I go through these phases of esfp. I can't stand being alone and all I want to do is party and socialize and work and shop and chit chat and giggle and make new friends. Those times are about equal in length to these times.

that's how I am, too...just replace dogs with cats and we're all set ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroversion doesn't really have anything to do with socializing though. Extroversion basically means that the person gets energized by interacting with the world, and introversion means that the person gets exhausted by interacting with the world. Introverts regain energy by being alone, extroverts cool off by being alone.

Right, and, like the post kind of implies, I am currently regaining energy by being alone. Becoming happier with less interaction. Doing my own thing, thinking my own thoughts.

Knowing that this probably won't last and i'll jump to the other phase.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Both apply. I love people, I can get completely giddy off them and have a bunch of fun, keep going for hours and laugh my ass off with them, or be totally swept up in the convo. Other times, I just wanna be enjoying the ambiance and not have to talk. Not have to socialize. Not have to be nice. Just...be. Quietly observing and being amused at what goes on. Or even just be alone, stay at home 24/7, watch some TV while reading a book. In fact, I live my life like that, irl. Making me stay out, even with friends that I love, really really pushes me and makes me at some point lose all patience. At home, I'm not a burden to anyone and I can do my own thing. I recharge.

wolfy

awsm
You ISFP's are always trying to disown me.
I'm about to permanantly change that x to a capital I and THEN how will you feel?
Will you be happy with yourselves then?? :harhar:

Come on now, you're like my extraverted sister. I want what's best for you. If you want I then you be I.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come on now, you're like my extraverted sister. I want what's best for you. If you want I then you be I.

Fine, i'll be an E then!!!! (Lays on the floor kicking feet and screaming.)

(Somebody needs to put me down for a nap.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both apply. I love people, I can get completely giddy off them and have a bunch of fun, keep going for hours and laugh my ass off with them, or be totally swept up in the convo. Other times, I just wanna be enjoying the ambiance and not have to talk. Not have to socialize. Not have to be nice. Just...be. Quietly observing and being amused at what goes on. Or even just be alone, stay at home 24/7, watch some TV while reading a book. In fact, I live my life like that, irl. Making me stay out, even with friends that I love, really really pushes me and makes me at some point lose all patience. At home, I'm not a burden to anyone and I can do my own thing. I recharge.

Yea, I can relate to that...
though not the alone 24/7. During my alone/TV/video game/ close friend/thoughts phases I still need the interaction of work and class to break it up.
But then you also read that ISFP's are the most social of introverts.