• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I got ISTP.

My responses:

Interaction styles...
Directing
Responding

(ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, ISTP)

My Temperament styles...
Concrete
Pragmatic

(ISFP, ISTP, ESFP, ESTP)

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha. NF. Can't begin to decide between Initiating and Responding, and Directing and Informing preference. It all depends on the environment I'm in and my status/role within the environment.

Chloe

i dont really understand this initiating and responding part...! i am both. and both is natural to me. maybe initiating more because i'm bored with waiting.
but if i'm not interested then i'm responding.
huh

i'm pretty comfortable with making first contact but i dont do it always...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Directing/Informing - very Informing

Initiating/Responding - I like initiating (not the best at it though, big groups of people intimidate me)

Abstract/Concrete - Fair sure I'm abstract

Affiliative/Pragmatic - I'm split here, I tend to do things that help everyone in an affiliative way, but I think my motive for it is pragmatic.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP.

Informing
Responding
Abstract
Pragmatic

I like acting on my own. I'll consider the group because it makes me feel guilty and blue if I don't, but it's a hassle.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP.

Informing
Responding
Abstract
Pragmatic

I like acting on my own. I'll consider the group because it makes me feel guilty and blue if I don't, but it's a hassle.

LOLZ

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ I know, but the other description really smelled like Fe and I don't like that. I prefer the individual approach :alttongue:
Was kinda surprised at the end result though.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I know, but the other description really smelled like Fe and I don't like that. I prefer the individual approach :alttongue:
Was kinda surprised at the end result though.

I've noticed Fs shying away from Affiliative like not being Pragmatic makes you stupid.

"Affiliative roles require that people act in community, with a sense of what is good for the group. They may be people or task focused. They may be practical or idealistic. No matter what, there is always some sense of cooperation and agreement, even if competing or being an individual."

The bold is key. A "community" may be two people. Or do you prefer competition?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed Fs shying away from Affiliative like not being Pragmatic makes you stupid.

"Affiliative roles require that people act in community, with a sense of what is good for the group. They may be people or task focused. They may be practical or idealistic. No matter what, there is always some sense of cooperation and agreement, even if competing or being an individual."

The bold is key. A "community" may be two people. Or do you prefer competition?

There's my problem.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This still gives me xsfp.
I can be initiating or responding. I got a bit stuck on that one, then I realized why. ESFP's initiate, ISFP'S respond.
Cognitive function wise, i'm more of an esfp.
I'm starting to think i'm a true hybrid model SFP.

VagrantFarce

This still gives me xsfp.
I can be initiating or responding. I got a bit stuck on that one, then I realized why. ESFP's initiate, ISFP'S respond.
Cognitive function wise, i'm more of an esfp.
I'm starting to think i'm a true hybrid model SFP.

The easiest way of determining whether you're ESFP or ISFP is to consider Introverted Intuition and how comfortable you are with it. If you find yourself in this frame of mind a lot, you're more likely to be ISFP. If you find it doesn't really sync that much with your own behaviuor, you're more likely to be ESFP. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If a community is you and another person, do you cooperate with them?

Really depends on the person and the tone of voice he's using with me. I'll aim for a win-win situation for sure. But someone who demands shit from me is going get an F* you and the exact opposite of what he wants, even if I have to hurt myself in the process.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The easiest way of determining whether you're ESFP or ISFP is to consider Introverted Intuition and how comfortable you are with it. If you find yourself in this frame of mind a lot, you're more likely to be ISFP. If you find it doesn't really sync that much with your own behaviuor, you're more likely to be ESFP. :)

I don't use Ni often.
I use Te, almost as much as I use Fi. And being around people gives me energy more than being alone, although I don't mind being alone.
That's why I had esfp down for my type all that time.
But I'm fairly quiet and independent, which is the cause for confusion. I mean. Ever meet a quiet and independent esfp?

VagrantFarce

I don't use Ni often.
I use Te, almost as much as I use Fi. And being around people gives me energy more than being alone, although I don't mind being alone.
That's why I had esfp down for my type all that time.
But I'm fairly quiet and independent, which is the cause for confusion. I mean. Ever meet a quiet and independent esfp?

Well, the types are determined by function makeup, not whether you're quiet or not. :) Introverts are described as quiet because they prefer to sit back and process things before interacting.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, the types are determined by function makeup, not whether you're quiet or not. :) Introverts are described as quiet because they prefer to sit back and process things before interacting.

And I go either way, depending on my mood.