• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think I'm typed right?

Do you think I'm probably INFP?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Can't tell

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wondering. Anyone who's been paying attention, do you think I'm really an INFP, based on my activities here? If not, then what?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, you're clearly an ESTJ. ;)

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL, thanks BlackCat. :) I just think it plausible I could actually be INTP or INFJ, because their profiles sound like me and I could be mistaken about which cognitive functions I'm actually using a lot of the time. You don't think so?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're such an INFP it hurts. Trust me. You're an INFP for thinking you're not an INFP. :laugh:

I've read some of your longer posts and more thought out ones, you're pretty much INFP.

However, I know you'll be curious. So check out this site- Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type Look at the on a team, the actual type profiles, the problem solving section, etc. It's just an excellent site overall. Read everything under the "Learn more about..." sections under the "On a team" profiles.

There is no way you're NT by the way. Striving to be realistic (and succeeding) doesn't make you NT, that just means you're exercising your Si function more. :yes: A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I just had a look. That site is really useful. Describes all the ENFP stuff quite well for me.

On the topic: I agree on INFP. You seem quite INFP in your insights.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're such an INFP it hurts. Trust me. You're an INFP for thinking you're not an INFP. :laugh:

I've read some of your longer posts and more thought out ones, you're pretty much INFP.

However, I know you'll be curious. So check out this site- Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type Look at the on a team, the actual type profiles, the problem solving section, etc. It's just an excellent site overall. Read everything under the "Learn more about..." sections under the "On a team" profiles.

There is no way you're NT by the way. Striving to be realistic (and succeeding) doesn't make you NT, that just means you're exercising your Si function more. :yes: A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.

+1

A lot of INFPs also think they're INTPs because they've read poor descriptions of F/T.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Based on what I have seen of your posts, if I had to guess at your type I would guess NF of some sort. Your avatar leans NFP. :)

A lot of INFPs mistake themselves for something or another when Si starts to really hit them, since you get more sensory oriented, and when that happens that can be mistaken for looking more T.

This is another reason why the Enneagram and its 9 levels of health, wings, instinctual variants, and levels of integration/disintegration go light years beyond what MBTI can do in describing a person's type. (If anyone can comprehend it on a useful level at that point. :D )

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on what I have seen of your posts, if I had to guess at your type I would guess NF of some sort. Your avatar leans NFP. :)

This is another reason why the Enneagram and its 9 levels of health, wings, instinctual variants, and levels of integration/disintegration go light years beyond what MBTI can do in describing a person's type. (If anyone can comprehend it on a useful level at that point. :D )

BlackCat isn't using MBTI here; he's using Jungian functions (which are not, by any means, rendered totally obsolete by the enneagram.)

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would the person who voted 'no' tell me why not or what they think I am please? :)

Thanks, I've been looking through that site. I'm quite confident now that I'm not INFJ. I'm still working and thinking through the INTP stuff.

I am surprised at the general reaction to this question so far. I thought I probably seem like a Thinker. What exactly is so F-like about me?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
LOL, thanks BlackCat. :) I just think it plausible I could actually be INTP or INFJ, because their profiles sound like me and I could be mistaken about which cognitive functions I'm actually using a lot of the time. You don't think so?

Sounds pretty much like me if you switch around the Ts and Fs. I've done quite a bit of reading online and the INTP profiles and descriptions of Ti dominance do seem to fit best, but I can also see parts of myself in INFP and INTJ descriptions. I have become more sure of INTP as I read these boards, but I can't entirely let go of the idea that this might be the result of confirmation bias, or flawed understanding of cognitive functions, or something.

Anyways, I'm not confident with declaring your type, but I can say there's nothing you've said that would make me contradict it. I've seen a few things that suggest you're more of an NF (you've said that you don't value competence much, that it's easy to get into others heads and find inconsistencies in their "moral logic" or emotional reactions, that you're sometimes drawn to melancholy). To those who are certain there's "no way" she's an NT, what makes you say no way?

Have you searched for "INTP or INFP" on these forums? It turns up quite a few discussions. I know Jennifer's explained some of the common differences on several threads.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds pretty much like me if you switch around the Ts and Fs. I've done quite a bit of reading online and the INTP profiles and descriptions of Ti dominance do seem to fit best, but I can also see parts of myself in INFP and INTJ descriptions. I have become more sure of INTP as I read these boards, but I can't entirely let go of the idea that this might be the result of confirmation bias, or flawed understanding of cognitive functions, or something.

Anyways, I'm not confident with declaring your type, but I can say there's nothing you've said that would make me contradict it. I've seen a few things that suggest you're more of an NF (you've said that you don't value competence much, that it's easy to get into others heads and find inconsistencies in their "moral logic" or emotional reactions, that you're sometimes drawn to melancholy). To those who are certain there's "no way" she's an NT, what makes you say no way?

Have you searched for "INTP or INFP" on these forums? It turns up quite a few discussions. I know Jennifer's explained some of the common differences on several threads.
I hadn't done that, and I was amazed how many there were. I'm quite happy to call myself INFP again I think. I do think I value Ti use extremely highly when dealing with moral dilemmas and in communication and language (I'm extremely persnickety about linguistic errors - at least the kinds I care about - when I notice them and I restrain myself from correcting people all the time), but I don't think I spend as much time just playing and experimenting with it as I do playing with Fi, in daydreams etc. I'm not as drawn to Ti for its own sake, in general.